• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Send Connemara to CSE Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Ok, you are coming here for free, someone is buying you a meal and you throw in this subliminal, "dying to get a chicken salad sandwich at the Bergdorf cafe". And yet you still insist on defending yourself from the spoiled prick tag.

So now I can't say I want a motherfucking sandwich?!

Wow, you guys need to take a breather.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Apparently this is what poverty in America looks like.

Originally Posted by Connemara
Ventured out for a few hours last night. Ended up at a mixer with the lacrosse team and a sorority. Someone swiped my two liters of Seagram's VO whiskey (cheap, great for cocktails) which put me in a relatively sour mood. Aside from that, a fun evening.

I'm wearing:
American Eagle jeans
Banana Republic fitted tee, blue
GAP grey long-sleeved tee
Chippewa welted boots, brown
Polo RL grosgrain belt, blue with yellow stripe

11ld9.jpg

21zo0.jpg

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just knew someone would post that in here, trying to make a point. I would say "nice try" but it's pretty pathetic.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
Apparently this is what poverty in America looks like.

for christs sake, PB, have a little empathy - can't you see the poor boy is drinking domestic beer?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Now I can say I posted in the thread too.

And someone else brought up the war in Iraq. I'm so proud of you guys. My work here is done.

Conne, dude, that chick to your left has nice boobs.

In the immortal words of Burgess Meredith in Grumpy Old Men: "Well, didya mount her?"

Injecting (pun intended) a little humor...

I personally think you guys have skewered C. enough...

Having been subjected to several pile-ons in this Forum, I feel his pain...

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
for christs sake, PB, have a little empathy - can't you see the poor boy is drinking domestic beer?

I don't think college kids drink their beer out of glasses. Maybe C found his Seagram's VO after he posted.

Are you out there C? Is it beer or booze in the glass?

Also IMO, we're making a big to do about little. It would have been better perhaps, if Connemara had used earned money to get to CSE, but you've got to give Connemara credit in a "Chutzpah", sort of way for asking others to pay for it.

I haven't seen Kabazz post about this and the little I know of Alexander K. tells me he would let it be known if he felt hustled.

After having said all that, it will be interesting to see if anyone posts a similar thread to Connemara's and asks for $ or something beside sartorial advice.

BTW:I'm having a heck of a time coming up with a cool avatar. Will anyone with ideas post here or PM me? (see, I just asked for something from SF!)

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh

BTW:I'm having a heck of a time coming up with a cool avatar. Will anyone with ideas post here or PM me? (see, I just asked for something from SF!)

I made this one for you, it is in the correct acceptable size range:

puppies.jpg

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is so ernestian. Did ernest ever go so far as to post something like this? At least, ernest contributed to the forum with his entertaining rules.

And, where's the DUI thread everybody keeps mentioning. I can't find it, but let me get this straight. This guy gets a DUI, and he's still posting pictures of him drinking...

Originally Posted by aybojs
earn money when I needed it, whether it be through selling items, relying on savings from summer jobs, doing odd one-time jobs I found in the classifieds, or taking advantage of the many, many quick money options available to college students (I once made $90 for taking a 2 hour psychology department survey, holy **** those people have money to throw around).

Yeah, I did those psychology tests too but my school was nowhere as generous as yours. Those psych jobs were great because they gave participants plenty of flexibility, where you weren't tied into a job when classes got tight. It ended up paying for a new axle after my car broke down but I had to sniff and go through so many chemicals that I think it might have affected my sense of smell.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think college kids drink their beer out of glasses. Maybe C found his Seagram's VO after he posted.

Are you out there C? Is it beer or booze in the glass?

Also IMO, we're making a big to do about little. It would have been better perhaps, if Connemara had used earned money to get to CSE, but you've got to give Connemara credit in a "Chutzpah", sort of way for asking others to pay for it.

I haven't seen Kabazz post about this and the little I know of Alexander K. tells me he would let it be known if he felt hustled.

After having said all that, it will be interesting to see if anyone posts a similar thread to Connemara's and asks for $ or something beside sartorial advice.

Booze indeed, mate...it's just the Seagram's (it was snatched later that evening).

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.

Conne, dude, that chick to your left has nice boobs.

In the immortal words of Burgess Meredith in Grumpy Old Men: "Well, didya mount her?"

Injecting (pun intended) a little humor...

I personally think you guys have skewered C. enough...

Never thought that this would happen, but a carefully edited +1.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awww. I'm so going to make an avatar of my pooch. That way if I ever get involved in a pile-on thread, my opponents will look to the avatar and forget what all this nonsense is about. Thanks VMan!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the avatar! Who doesn't like puppies?

VMan, I'm always available for sartorial advice
tounge.gif

Let's see if this works. My first post with the avatar!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I'd probably chip in to a 'buy J a ticket to CSE' fund, since he is now immersed in Hawaiian shirt poverty, but more importantly is the founder and one of the most significant contributors to the board, and should be there to Represent.

Conne - dude, you could have taken the bus.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the avatar! Who doesn't like puppies?

VMan, I'm always available for sartorial advice
tounge.gif

Let's see if this works. My first post with the avatar!

r, that is great. is that a real picture or a digitally enhanced one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads