• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the semi-unofficial **SHORTS & CROPPED PANTS** thread

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ those are really cool. where to kop?

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I´ll get my Delorian out of the garage

confused.gif

fishbones

Reaction score
Cropped trousers are pretty much all I wear now, even during this F/W time.
(Just with socks. In the S/S I usually go sockless)
80% of my trousers are Uniqlo Vintage Chinos that have been tapered/hemmed up.
But with the new release of the cropped pants at Uniqlo, they fit so spot on.
Thinking of buying all the colours!

Last edited:

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xpost on these 3.1 phillip lim cropped pants from the should/shouldn't i thread:

also liking these lim shorts...maybe more than the pants. but at $450 i think i'll wait to see if they hit sale (and how low the price goes).

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

went to the local weekday today and tried these out, from their new brand called 1440

pretty damn hard taking pics of a black piece in a small dressing-room with bad lightning
laugh.gif

anyway, a bit of drop-crotch and nice profile/volume, easily the best ones I've found for less than 100$ (well only ones actually) so will probably pick them up when it gets warm enough and report back with better pics then

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Dries shorts from WW. Pretty nice drapey, comfy shorts.
http://wrongweather.net/shop/product/hadland-soft-shorts

I have some cropped Kolor pants that are really sweet but they are really thick winter weight pants. I never wear them because cropped pants feel weird to me in winter.

I don't know if these qualify for this thread, but I'm hopefully going to find the nerve to wear these some this summer. Metallic grey silk Yohji drawstrings from LNCC.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those yohji pants are great. really like that color. i like those dries shorts, too. makes me feel lazy just looking at them. i grabbed a pair of the silent porss shorts (wurm, i think you sold a pair, if I'm not mistaken) and they're really nice as loungewear. the material is kinda like a real thick terry cloth on the inside. actually, it's so thick i wonder if it may be a bit uncomfortable come summer. they look good on me though and feel nice so I'll find a way to use them.

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

those yohji pants are great. really like that color. i like those dries shorts, too. makes me feel lazy just looking at them. i grabbed a pair of the silent porss shorts (wurm, i think you sold a pair, if I'm not mistaken) and they're really nice as loungewear. the material is kinda like a real thick terry cloth on the inside. actually, it's so thick i wonder if it may be a bit uncomfortable come summer. they look good on me though and feel nice so I'll find a way to use them.

yeah, i did sell a pair. the fabric was pretty nice, but you're right - too hot for summer...at least in texas. i would wear them sometimes, but they're hardly what i'd call ideal for 100+ degree weather (which seemed like the majority of days during the middle of last summer). low 80's probably wouldn't be so bad. i'd still rather have something more lightweight, though. also, when it comes down to real hot weather, something that hits at or slightly above the knees can make a significant difference in my opinion.

those dries and yohji are nice too. i was a bit sad to see that there are no m's left in stock at wrongweather. i'm not sure if the yohji would really pass during my idea of really hot weather, but most people don't have to endure it that often. i still haven't really prepared. i'm moving north in late may or early june but it will still be quite hot by then so having some options for shorts would be nice. and really, shorts are practically necessary if you want to be comfortable in almost anywhere in north america during some summer days.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm from Austin and I live in Portugal now. I feel your pain. I try to describe the Texas summer to people here and they can't relate. I remember explaining it to one person last summer: "You know that one day last month that was really hot, like you walked outside and it hit you in the face? In Texas they are talking about the one day that wasn't like that." You could actually wear a jacket in the evenings in Lisbon most of last summer. Pretty crazy adjustment for me.

In terms of fashion, it really helps to be thin and not the kind of person who sweats a lot. You can at least get away with some fashion choices. If you're a big guy who sweats a lot, you're just locked into shorts and a tee shirt most of the time or you're going to be suffering. That is, if you are spending any time outdoors, which in Austin is a must. Margaritas on the patio. Jesus I miss that. Man I would love to be at Polvo's right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads