• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The secret to success with women

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Wrd. Is meeting chicks this difficult nowadays
confused.gif
I mean, I was no Cassanova but I don't recall me or any friends having so much trouble meeting girls that we ever really sat down and talked about "game" or read books or any of this other stuff. Don't you single guys just go up to a girl, have some small talk, see where it goes and take it from there? Do you really go into the situation with a "game plan"? What happens if your plan goes to ****, do you improvise or just move on? I remember being able to tell whether you had a chance with a girl or not within a few minutes of talking to her or even just from glances across a room, whatever happened to that, is it antiquated now or is this stuff miostly for guys that are introverted and have trouble making small talk?

Bingo. If you're getting laid regularly, you obviously would never seek this stuff out. A lot of it is creepy as hell, but there are legitimate social skills that most people have naturally that these guys obviously don't and I guess that's not really a bad thing. I would hypothesize that the "game plan" stuff is for people who aren't already good at projecting their own personality to strangers.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Bingo. If you're getting laid regularly, you obviously would never seek this stuff out. A lot of it is creepy as hell, but there are legitimate social skills that most people have naturally that these guys obviously don't and I guess that's not really a bad thing. I would hypothesize that the "game plan" stuff is for people who aren't already good at projecting their own personality to strangers.
I don't understand how one can not have the ability to:
1. ask a sincere question of another person;
2. politely listen, interjecting follow-up questions from time to time; and
3. adding one's own perspective.

WTF is so hard and/or mysterious about that? All this "game plan" bullshit is just that.

Go be yourself. Life isn't that ******* hard.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
There's nothing wrong with attempting to make oneself into something better for one's own benefit.

It's a waste of valuable time and energy. You can't polish a turd, and you're clearly a *************.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan Jr.
7 pages of useless advice. I had a successful position last summer, before I got laid off, and I got more pearls than Ron Jeremy does in one month. It's all about Money and Confidence. Above all else, give signs that you can take care of her and her babies (if she already got banged) and she's in your pocket like that!

Best answer yet. I'd just boil it down to money, period. Women are overwhelmingly shallow, greedy creatures.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube

WTF is so hard and/or mysterious about that? All this "game plan" bullshit is just that.

It sounds simple when you put it that way, but judging by your history of posts in the social forum, I'm not surprised you think it's so easy to talk to women. But obviously there are guys that struggle with this. Surely you must know people who are awkward in social settings...this stuff is for them. I'm sure it appeals to the nerds out there that now get to turn their powers of analysis towards social situations.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With some guys I have seen, you'd be surprised. Many think talking to women is rocket science.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It sounds simple when you put it that way, but judging by your history of posts in the social forum, I'm not surprised you think it's so easy to talk to women. But obviously there are guys that struggle with this. Surely you must know people who are awkward in social settings...this stuff is for them. I'm sure it appeals to the nerds out there that now get to turn their powers of analysis towards social situations.
Yes, I know people who are awkward. But talking to a woman is not, technically, a social situation; it is a one-on-one conversation. It is just one person talking to another. And then "” most importantly "” listening while that other person talks.

Once you get past this whole "game" thing and quit thinking about it as some process that is going to lead to getting ********* wet, the deal is a lot easier. I don't recall ever meeting someone who didn't want to talk about themselves, their kids or family, their job etc. If you show genuine interest in that person, you have a good chance of leaving the encounter with at least a friend; in my experience, a very good chance at getting laid.

I don't go out looking for tang. I don't have "lines" or a game plan. And as globetrotter can attest, I am not a beautiful man who women want to screw the minute they lay eyes on me. I ask; I listen. And as often as I desire I spend long, sweaty nights between the thighs of attractive and adventurous women.

You guys are all making this way, way too hard on yourselves. It ain't rocket science.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
You guys are all making this way, way too hard on yourselves. It ain't rocket science.

Maybe that's why so many nerdy guys are drawn to this method of doing it. They aren't comfortable with just going up to a girl and making small talk. But give them a method that they can study, practice, study more, and then finally implement, and it will put them into their comfort zone and might lead them to some poon success.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
They aren't comfortable with just going up to a girl and making small talk.
There is no "making". Ask one question. Wait for reply. Listen intently. Look into her eyes. Interject if you wish. Get dick wet.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know people who are awkward. But talking to a woman is not, technically, a social situation; it is a one-on-one conversation. It is just one person talking to another. And then — most importantly — listening while that other person talks. Once you get past this whole "game" thing and quit thinking about it as some process that is going to lead to getting ********* wet, the deal is a lot easier. I don't recall ever meeting someone who didn't want to talk about themselves, their kids or family, their job etc. If you show genuine interest in that person, you have a good chance of leaving the encounter with at least a friend; in my experience, a very good chance at getting laid. I don't go out looking for tang. I don't have "lines" or a game plan. And as globetrotter can attest, I am not a beautiful man who women want to screw the minute they lay eyes on me. I ask; I listen. And as often as I desire I spend long, sweaty nights between the thighs of attractive and adventurous women. You guys are all making this way, way too hard on yourselves. It ain't rocket science.
OK---however you slice it, there are guys that aren't comfortable talking to women one-on-one and come off as weird, desperate, awkward, etc. If you could get them to do what you described by reading them your last two posts, that would be great, but obviously breaking it down into this step by step process has an appeal. The last thread I saw on your dalliances with a 20-something has Globetrotter stating he was surprised that you didn't hear "your the most handsome man I've ever seen" everyday, so I'm not sure I'm buying your self-assessment. But anyway, I fully endorse your approach as it is entirely less douchey, but, that doesn't mean there aren't some useful elements of the pickup stuff from my very limited exposure. Like, go out, talk to a lot of women, be well groomed, tease them, be comfortable touching them, look for signals that they like you, what those signals are (for the clueless), etc. Stuff most guys learn early on some guys don't get, so this kind of lays it out for them, even if it sometimes comes with a creepy paint-by-numbers approach. For the record, I am not endorsing any of this stuff nor am I into any of it beyond having downloaded and read The Game, but I don't think it's entirely useless for a certain kind of guy who never learned how to interact with women successfully.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...Globetrotter stating he was surprised that you didn't hear "your the most handsome man I've ever seen" everyday
Oddly, Zach and I have visited about the relative handsome-ness of SF members he's met. I am not even in the top 20. I am sworn to secrecy, however, as to the names of those among us who he finds attractive.
blush.gif
...go out, talk to a lot of women, be well groomed, tease them, be comfortable touching them, look for signals that they like you, what those signals are (for the clueless), etc.
That's it; that is the "secret" in one sentence. Oh, forgot the most important: Listen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads