• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luca wears what he wears for brand promotion and that's it. They understand what sells, what attracts customer's and draws attention to their new RTW line. I've seen photo's of Luca in some very nice classically styled jackets as well. The Rubinacci cut is not for everyone just as the Tom Ford cut is not for everyone. That said, I've seen some really well fitting Rubinacci's and some really well fitted Tom Ford's. Neither may be "my style" but I can't say they aren't wonderfully fitted garment's. If you don't like their style then so be it but you don't have to ruin this thread with nonsense comment's and personal attacks on said tailor's who some are here to appreciate and learn about.

Spalla, your fit's that I've seen posted really are no where near the same ballpark as anything posted in this thread. Take that how you want, but you really need to cool it. I could see RSS or Vox critizing Rubi but definitely not you.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Luca wears what he wears for brand promotion and that's it. They understand what sells, what attracts customer's and draws attention to their new RTW line. I've seen photo's of Luca in some very nice classically styled jackets as well. The Rubinacci cut is not for everyone just as the Tom Ford cut is not for everyone. That said, I've seen some really well fitting Rubinacci's and some really well fitted Tom Ford's. Neither may be "my style" but I can't say they aren't wonderfully fitted garment's. If you don't like their style then so be it but you don't have to ruin this thread with nonsense comment's and personal attacks on said tailor's who some are here to appreciate and learn about.

Spalla, your fit's that I've seen posted really are no where near the same ballpark as anything posted in this thread. Take that how you want, but you really need to cool it. I could see RSS or Vox critizing Rubi but definitely not you.

I have pointed what's wrong in the pictures 4 posts before, please read.

And 2 I don't have to be Attolini himself to critizise what is obvious wrong and I never said that I am the Cary Grant of our age.

3 If Mr. Tacky does that to attract customers, to me he has done the opposite. I would never wear a piece of this brand, as I won't wear any from Gucci or own a diesel car.

Period.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
What's wrong with the suits? They look fine to me and some bunches you see are probably nothing.

These unfortunately are not some of their best work.
frown.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
These unfortunately are not some of their best work.
frown.gif

SF is not offering balanced and non-partisan views anymore...

I'm the satisfied owner two Rubinacci suits and I have seen some real shockers made by them.

The same rule can be applied to Anderson & Sheppard and many other tailors...

I'm always disturbed by the two extremes:

The anti-brigade blinded by hatred

The Believers who can't acknowledge the fact some suits made by their favourite tailors are just awful...

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
SF is not offering balanced and non-partisan views anymore...

I'm the satisfied owner two Rubinacci suits and I have seen some real shockers made by them.

The same rule can be applied to Anderson & Sheppard and many other tailors...

I'm always disturbed by the two extremes:

The anti-brigade blinded by hatred

The Believers who can't acknowledge the fact some suits made by their favourite tailors are just awful...

I haven't seen yet a bad suit made by Attolini as I haven't seen yet a nice suit made by Rubinacci.

Perhaps you're lucky...

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
Man, I understand we're all here because we love clothing/tailoring, but sometimes **** goes too far. Bespoke does not equal perfection. The kind of nitpicking that goes on here seems ridiculous. Yes, Rubinacci is expensive (relatively), but I don't think any of the London House clients believe the garments they have had made are flawless in an objective sense, rather they're perfect to the individual. They like the house style and have chosen their cloth and desired configuration. I mention price because I feel like those who hate are definitely driven by the cost of they're garments; a belief that for the price perfection (in their eyes) is expected.

Personal perfection, this is something I think is lost too often on styleforum. Bespoke to me first and foremost is an opportunity to have what you want your way. Additionally, something I find extremely important about clothing and what has made me ready for bespoke is the feeling one must experience when wearing a bespoke garment. I'm sure the feeling of wearing something designed around your body is unparalleled and definitely not something captured in words or photos.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
I'm always disturbed by the two extremes: The anti-brigade blinded by hatred The Believers who can't acknowledge the fact some suits made by their favourite tailors are just awful...
Like most things in life, the truth lies in the middle.

Butler

Reaction score
SpallaCamiccia;4132229 said:
What a crime of suits,

The sleeve is too long
The sleeve is too wide at the triceps part while you sure are not on steroids or syntoil to justify that.
Unacceptable wrinkles on the front of the armholes
Bad waist reduction
Totally unbalanced
Long trousers and too wide.
and so and so...

How did you pay for it? I need some laughs

Butler a man of your position should knew that.[/B]

Excuse me - where do I come into the picture??

Lusitano

Reaction score
Actually there is a historical reason for the strong feelings Spalla is showing towards Rubinacci.

Beeing the rightwing Spanish, that he his, all things linked to former neapolitan aristocracy is viewed with mistrust and suspiciousness.

Carlos III, former King Carlos VII of both Sicillys( 1735-1759) became King of Spain in 1759(till his dead 1788). He expelled the Jesuits from Spain and confiscated all their spanish assets.
He also started peace negotiations with Marocco, conferred spanish citizens' rights to the gipsys and installed a lot of neapolitan nobles at the spanish court, that lead to the famous "Motin de Esquilache(Esquilache riots)".

He was a child of the enlightenmment and encouraged a lot of reforms in Spain and Madrid(Education, economy etc.)

You see not that kind of things that will be admired by spanish nationalists.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Butler;4134012 said:
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
What a crime of suits,

The sleeve is too long
The sleeve is too wide at the triceps part while you sure are not on steroids or syntoil to justify that.
Unacceptable wrinkles on the front of the armholes
Bad waist reduction
Totally unbalanced
Long trousers and too wide.
and so and so...

How did you pay for it? I need some laughs

Butler a man of your position should knew that.[/B]

Excuse me - where do I come into the picture??

Are the you real Butler, that man with aristocratic and distinguished look ?

Originally Posted by Lusitano
Actually there is a historical reason for the strong feelings Spalla is showing towards Rubinacci.

Beeing the rightwing Spanish, that he his, all things linked to former neapolitan aristocracy is viewed with mistrust and suspiciousness.

Carlos III, former King Carlos VII of both Sicillys( 1735-1759) became King of Spain in 1759(till his dead 1788). He expelled the Jesuits from Spain and confiscated all their spanish assets.
He also started peace negotiations with Marocco, conferred spanish citizens' rights to the gipsys and installed a lot of neapolitan nobles at the spanish court, that lead to the famous "Motin de Esquilache(Esquilache riots)".

He was a child of the enlightenmment and encouraged a lot of reforms in Spain and Madrid(Education, economy etc.)

You see not that kind of things that will be admired by spanish nationalists.

Thanks for the lesson but I love almost all the neapolitans as Finamore , Borrelli, Kiton, Partenopea, etc. etc I don't consider Rubinacci a real neapolitan tailor but a horrible parody of bad english tailors.

In fact I have been invited to visit some factories in my next travel and yes, Naples was part of Spain one time. In fact the spanish tailors tused the Spallacamicca shoulder as well until the late 60s.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Thanks for the lesson but I love almost all the neapolitans as Finamore , Borrelli, Kiton, Partenopea, etc. etc I don't consider Rubinacci a real neapolitan tailor but a horrible parody of bad english tailors.

LOL!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads