• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alfred Sargent Armfield, my favorite black cap toe.

upload_2018-7-9_21-4-30-png.1001939

enyn90

Reaction score
What do you guys here think about the brand Löf & Tung by Skoak. Of course the Skoak thread will be bias, so would love to hear from ppl here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys here think about the brand Löf & Tung by Skoak. Of course the Skoak thread will be bias, so would love to hear from ppl here.

I know nothing about the brand, so I did some internet perusing. I am always weary about brands that command that kind of price, yet do not offer multiple widths. Plus Spanish made, which tells me cheap labour, and deeper profits for owner(s). But those savings never transfer to the customer.

shoesforever

Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly be that sceptical of Löf&Tung. You need to look at the price point. Nobody is saying that they are just as good as G&G, EG or JL. Don't have any experience with them either. Haven't handled any either, but I do trust @Leaves not to put together some crap and sell it to us. For example, they often source their own leather for the manufacturing in the factories. They even did this with Carmina and Enzo Bonafe like with for example tärnsjö. I would compare this to buying your own fabric from a fabric merchant and then go to the tailor. It will save some cost for the brand, but it will also give the brand more control over what kind of leather or leather quality the customer will get. They have more focus on sourcing some unique leathers like Utah that normally are not available at this price point. The focus is also more on the the versatility of the MTO. The finish of the leather and the welt has been some of Leaves' focus. Generally I would put them on par with Carmina(which is the brand they are replacing) or other mid tier level shoes , but with a better MTO surcharge. Time and more reviews from buyers will give us more information. It is also easier to have control over the quality control of a factory when you have your own brand.

I do know that the labor is cheaper in Spain than in England, but are the shoes any worse? Would you say Carmina is better or worse than Cheaney, Loake, Barker or C&J? They are all in the same price level(ish). Some things are better, some things are worse and some things are just different due to different traditions in the making.

In regards to width. They've designed their own lasts for their new brand. It takes some time for them to test out their lasts with normal widths. They don't know how much they will sell yet, but they will most likely include different widths for their MTO in the future when they know more. This is my experience with new brands that is.
It's not that easy to have everything finished and included when launching new brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads