• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Park Ave earlier:

IMG_6634.JPG

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I doubt they will do multiple width without MTO. Given how quickly their stock goes out, I imagine they're very very very cautious with inventory, so hard to imagine they add inventories in width any time soon.

iurvox

Reaction score
Alfred Sargent Armfield, my favorite black cap toe.

upload_2018-7-9_21-4-30-png.1001939
What a coincidence. I was bored yesterday and randomly entered this thread, immediately skipping to the (then) final page. While the page was loading and the images were still not ready, I was wondering whether this thread was to contain any pictures of the Alfred Sargent Armfield. Seconds later, the first thing I saw was this picture. It is stunningly beautiful.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't be wearing a cap-toe with a tux....

I don't. But when I see someone else wearing them with a tux I appreciate the bar lacing. Otherwise I truly like cross lacing better. Call me strange :)

Article 26

Reaction score
16F2EE8D-C8CE-4C95-AAB2-E0412C2C174E.jpeg

Just in case my tux (dress suit) footwear options are called into question.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the consul come in different lasts?
Also it seems they are made in G width. If I understand correctly that translates to a wide. Is it possible to get it in E?
Not that I am aware of (responding to lasts). They come in an F, which is Church’s E.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads