• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Parenting Thread aka We're all MotherFuc*ers Here

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's in a different league than burning out your light bulbs.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NGL I'm pretty impressed a 19mo-old kid could do that.
As was I.
But a tiled bathroom floor and the right angle help a lot.

I’ll just show him this picture when he’s sixteen and confiscate his allowance for a year or so. That will teach him responsibility😈

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can't destroy the house if he's in a Swiss boarding school.
giphy (1).gif

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He can't destroy the house if he's in a Swiss boarding school.
View attachment 2053769
Considering what Swiss boarding schools cost, it’s more efficient to keep him in the house. Even the current cost escalations don’t come near to that.

Besides, I do enjoy that little blonde mini me.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering what Swiss boarding schools cost, it’s more efficient to keep him in the house. Even the current cost escalations don’t come near to that.

Besides, I do enjoy that little blonde mini me.
giphy (80).gif

WestLinn

Reaction score
Everything's not that scary until it's 2:30AM and they can't sleep and the room is fully of scary shadows.
Or Disney executives being under the bed.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently I placed my cup of coffee a bit too close to the edge of my desk. Toddler saw, and naturally, went to pick it up/spill it everywhere, including our nice rug. Luckily it wasn’t hot, so he wasn’t burned, but still shocked/scared him.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone think about investing for their kids? (other than a 529 for college)

UTMA? Plain brokerage? etc
1496.jpg

For serious, tho- the daughter just has a 529, the son has a special needs trust with the money in an index fund. She's been told many, many times that we'll pay for college and help with grad school if she goes, but then she's on her own. Our entire estate will go to caring for our son, since he'll never be independent. He's also going to get a pretty substantial sum when his maternal grandmother dies, since her estate is going to him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads