• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Going to be making a K&L order in the next couple of weeks and I want to get at least a case of cru Beauj. Looking for recs.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WinEx has the largest selection IMO-

My recs would be-
Thivin
Thevenet
Foillard
Lapierre

of those, I think KL only has the Foillard

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Never used that site. How are they for shipping and customer service?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always pick up in store, so I wouldn't know about shipping- they're always receptive to calls, and are wiling to hold wines if you're out of town/etc.

FWIW, its one of the stores Manton recommended when I was asking for rec's in the OC. (it's a merger between BestWinesOnline and WineExchange)

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Those look very familiar...

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, all FP. Vajra always a favorite(and 2013 was supposed to be an epic vintage in Piedmont), beresan was good with the steak. The Tenet Syrah was much more forward and darker than the others - the favorite of several attendees

Last edited:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, all FP. Vajra always a favorite(and 2013 was supposed to be an epic vintage in Piedmont), beresan was good with the steak. The Tenet Syrah was much more forward and darker than the others - the favorite of several attendees

Did you buy any of The Jack Syrah (saviah cellars)? I expect the pundit to be similar for some reason, though I've not opened any of the pundit yet.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I did, but I gave it away as part of my SF secret Santa present so can't compare

Hah, when I saw that pick, I figured it was you.

I've only had one of each, but if I remember correctly, the Pundit was hotter and more fruit, The Jack more like what I expect a WA Syrah to be. Not 100% sure on my memory here.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
All told I'm probably 15-20 cases from them at this point.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78