• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Island Thrift on New York Ave? I saw all of that stuff there last week but wasnt half off color at the time. 

Im not sure, I forgot where I was.

But you wouldn't kop at those full price? :/

va230815

Reaction score
Im not sure, I forgot where I was.

But you wouldn't kop at those full price? :/
Haha I would if I didnt have so much other **** taking up space that I have yet to sell. I did pick up one of the other Cornelianis there with some other blazers/shirts. But you have to ability to do so much more with the profit margins than I do.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of off subject, but did anyone hit up RSD on Saturday?

I tried to go to a record store out in the burbs, and they were already pretty picked over 30 minutes after opening. I left with:

Getz/Gilberto 10" on green
Sun Records Compilation 12"
(2) Flaming Lips 10"s
Simon and Garfunkel original mono version of homeward bound 7'
Everytime I Die 7"

I went to 2 stores looking for White Stripes, Father John Misty, Ryan Adams, and Twenty One Pilots. I came out with none of them. Later in the day I was checking out how horrible the ebay prices were on all of them and I realized that a Twenty One Pilots CD that several of my friends have (that I didn't buy, because I knew my sister bought it, and I was just going to rip the songs) goes between $400-$800 on ebay. My super fan sister said no, one of my friends is desperately looking through all of his belongings, and one friend found his and said, "yes, I would like to make hundreds of dollars on something I paid $5 on 3 years ago." Note that none of the sold listings are signed. This one is.

Thought I'd share this. Inherited this watch from an uncle I only ever met once, almost 10 years ago, at a funeral. Watch people, am I allowed to put a leather band on this? Was eyeing a black shell band on ebay.

I've been working a lot more between my two and a half jobs, trying to find one real job, so I haven't taken a thrifting trip in a while. Limited to stops before and after work mostly. This was a nice pop. Probably an orphan but oh well.

joshmick

Reaction score
I went to 2 stores looking for White Stripes, Father John Misty, Ryan Adams, and Twenty One Pilots. I came out with none of them. Later in the day I was checking out how horrible the ebay prices were on all of them and I realized that a Twenty One Pilots CD that several of my friends have (that I didn't buy, because I knew my sister bought it, and I was just going to rip the songs) goes between $400-$800 on ebay. My super fan sister said no, one of my friends is desperately looking through all of his belongings, and one friend found his and said, "yes, I would like to make hundreds of dollars on something I paid $5 on 3 years ago." Note that none of the sold listings are signed. This one is.
Yea, I was going for Bonnie Prince Billy, Father John Misty, and Ryan Adams. I got nothin'. Oh well!

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small ass guys get at me :

I thought they were from the same guys but it seems not.
The gray herringbone (WeirdGuy) is 17 waist, 32.5 inseam.
The blue flannel (SkinnyGuy) is THE SOFTEST MOTHERFUCKING THING I've ever touched. I think it was initially tagged 29 or 30??. Measures 15.75" and 30 inseam (stretchy fabric tho)

va230815

Reaction score
A few finds from today, available

HF size 46R with pants, 2 buttons single vented

34x34

On a side note, there's a Martin Hd-28 guitar with its original case for $650. A quick search yielded that its pretty valuable, yet I know absolutely nothing about guitars.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* sweet lord of booty!!!

Hey guys, just wanted to say my Tellason Crapshoot came in today. Ended up being this which I am pretty happy with. However, if any of you guys got the duck brown color, and want to trade please let me know.
You lucky bastard!!!

Wound up copping that painting anyhow as I did kind of dig it. But @barrelntrigger @Nataku @Thrift Vader @330ck @amerikajinda if any of you guys can help out with the signature, Id appreciate it!

Also two pops (Fallan and N peal) a lady in a boat, and a pretty damn awesome black linen with gold metallic paisley hand rolled PS for 59 cents for me.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Bro, pretty sure that's a Chinese signature but its too damn cursivey...Hurt my eyes just trying to make it out.

Anyone want some nice raw white oak selvedge in sz 30? Thrifted these today. Available
Adrien Brody wears a size 31, Matthew McConaughey wears a size 30.... Just to name a few.
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif
Dude, I was a 30 just 1.5 years ago...**** you, food!

Blackblue in St Paul is having a flash sale. Not a thrift, but you could pick a Barbour Blackwell for $268 after the code if anyone is interested for personal use.

http://www.blkblu.com/collections/sale/products/bar-blackwell

To celebrate the recent launch of our new online shop, we're hosting a 2-day members-only sale starting tomorrow. Happy tax refund!

The details: > 10:00 a.m. on April 15 thru midnight on April 16 (Central Time)
> 20% off all men's and women's items in-store and online (including sale items) except for boots, bags, and jeans.
> To get your sale code, join our email list at blkblu.com. We'll email your code by 10:00 a.m. on 4/15. If you register once the sale has begun, we will send out a final email with your code at 5 p.m. on 4/15. *Store hours during sale 12 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. CT (per usual)
Speaking of Barbour, Troika pointed me to Barbour sale on STP. I finally got some connection on the ship to take a look and ****! Most of that Barbour was NOT made in England...Some even were made in Viet Nam!!! WTF!!! **** you, Barbour!!!
Sure, why not.......

Actually available.
satisfied.gif
Damn bro, never ever seen Iron Heart jeans in a Japanese resell shop before. Well, there were some used IH shirts but jeans, no, sire!

Talk about being blown away, when I first found them I was kind of...

But then I was like..

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Double what I'm used to paying for shoes but with the senior citizen discount, just over one Ulysses for all 3, Yeah dog!
Welcome back, dude!

My credibility here is fucked, I know. First, for those who care, I want to apologize to those I insulted whom in no sense deserved it. I want to apologize to this forum in general, I discredited others finds by being fraudulant with my own, I truly apologize for the dishonesty. I like this forum and I've had the good fortune to meet some great people here. So again, for those that do care, whether you found it personal or found it to discredit others and their hard work, including yourself, I am truly sorry. I am swallowing my pride, coming back with my tail between my legs. ******** up. In return I shall share with you this. The following photos are what 2 days and and 2 stops this morning (one being Marshalls though) will get you in the city of Los Angeles. This is for all those who think this is Mecca for thrifters. I would rate the following at a little better than average. You can check and do your homework if you give a **** to do so, you can ignore this in its entirety if you just don't care, but hand to god, on mi familia, not a single one of the following items, and there are a lot, was purchased online/eBay. 4 ties at Marshalls, the rest strictly thrift stores. I'm spoilering due to sheer quantity. Here goes.
NWT's Brooks Brothers GF 7 Fold, 3 Vineyard Vines were Marshalls, everything else is true thrift. Canali, Chelsea by Robert Talbott(Amazing silk, feels like cashmere), Tyrwhitt, Lee Allison 4 in Hand Golf Balls on Tee, Canali, Polo Italy, Andrew Ties Italy, Altea MIlano, Tyrwhitt, Boss Italy

Balenciage, Brioni, Balmain, Fendi, Comme Des Garcons HOMME, Carroll & Co x2 Italy and England, 5 Faconnable last one is Grenadine

Trafalgar, Brooks Brothers, Polo, Perry Ellis

Battistoni I believe by Sartoria Castangia Camel Colored 100% Cashmere

Brioni Navy blue Pure Escorial blazer

Armani Collezioni Pure cashmere

DAKS Signature made in Great Britain Blazer

Older Zegna Silk and Wool Twill Navy blue blazer

Older Zegna Wool and Cashmere

SAND (a thing to some people I believe, more contemporary) liked the destressed cotton and SB w/ Peak Lapels

Older Zegna Trofeo

Older Zegna Suit probably for me, the blue variations in the wool are stunning

Brioni Charcoal Gray Blazer

Older Zegna Suit Navy Blue Nailhead Super 100s (probably just for me as well)

Gorgio Armani Black Label Blazer

MTM Brioni Suit Navy Blue Pinstripe made of "Top Line" Wool (never seen this before)

Jack Taylor Beverly Hills Bespoke Brown Tweed...really wish this one fit

Metallic Blue subtle Glen Plaid Missoni Blazer

Oxxford Clothes Super 120s Gray Glenplaid with blue Windowpane

Brooks Brothers Houndstooth 100% lambswool (surpisingly soft hand)

Carroll & Co Brown Pinstriped 3 Piece Suit

Carroll & Co Charcoal Blue and Red Glenplaid 3 piece suit

Chester Barrie Pure Cashmere Brown w/ Red and Blue windowpane

Gorgio Armani Dark Navy Blue 100% linen blazer

Older Zegna Su Misura Super 100s Suit

REAL Burberry Prorsum Suit

Carroll & Co Flannel Charcoal Pinstripe suit

Norman Hilton Gray/Blue w/ Royal Blue windowpane purchased solely for myself

Saturdays Surf NYC Navy Cardigan, also getting hung in my closet

Brioni tie I forgot to photograph

I often tend to skip shirts all together, one thing I'm not thrifting for myself ever. Also not in general either unless it's on par with Brioni or a Gitman Vintage or BoO Oxford, I find my money is better spent elsewhere. Just don't like dealing with them, but here's a few, Canali, Charvet, Borrelli, Battistoni

Super vintage RRL pleated chinos

Epaulet NYC, Brioni, Brioni, Battistoni, Incotex

Brionis

Baryneys New York, Incotex Super 120s, Incotex for Zegna, Incotex

Super 120s, Zegna

2 pairs of 100% Linen pants, one light khaki, the other dark navy, both by Polo Ralph Lauren.

I also don't really **** with shoes, just not about the whole idea of buying, selling or wearing used footwear, but I saw these Calzoleria Harris for Barneys and had to make a move

Wow, I don't think anyone has ever apologized on here before. Good for you, bro. Crazy ass haul, as always!

Oh hey!

Not sure if real
shog[1].gif

The fabric looks like ****, bro.
I'll give you 700 for the guitar if you want to Proxy for me
Wait, wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads