• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 grabs today. Both consignment pricing. Shoutout to @mymainman for the tip.

So damn close to fitting, can't tell if I want to alter it.

M and Avail.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all of you stuck in winter...

I just picked up a pair of Aldens. My first at an actual thrift store...

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Falcone?

From a suit. No other tags. Quality of the suit is pretty mediocre. Has anyone seen this tag on an authentic Dunhill suit?
I've picked up some pretty mediocre legit Dunhill. I'd say the only Dunhill I found I was impressed with was made by Zegna. Can't speak to the authenticity of yours though.

leftrightvsp

Reaction score
Thought I might as well post a few things I found today and one a couple weeks ago which I just got back from the cleaners at the end of last week and I'm thrilled with. nothing special but i'm bored and figured i might as well post something. I love it when two stores right next to eachother and 20 minutes in each on a Friday afternoon produces a couple bags!

Ties

Second TF in as many weeks. And a pop for me. First domenico vacca. And a super awesome wool britches tie. My favorite of the bunch.

BB lambswool fair isle mint. Couldn't pass it up.

NWT lambswool in sweet burnt orange and 100% cash mint (spot was actually a bit of fuzz I didn't see when I took the photo)

Awesome 70 30 cash lambswool and silk scarf. Mede in England. Don't know anything about the brand or quality but I've wanted one of these for a while now.

Florsheim longwing shells. With rubber soles actually, guess they were resoled at some point. I've never seen that before. Thick hard rubber. I actually like it.

The good kind of orphan. A light grey that can easily be made into a sport coat.

some gloves. .99$ black leather. 95% cash lining. Don't know the maker. Has a marking but I don't know what it is.

And two filsons, one photo. Vest from today. But my favorite find in a while is what it's on. Got it back from the dry cleaners last week. Minty filson wool blanket. I never ever look at blankets but I just happened to walk by and spotted the tag hanging out. Pure luck. And i couldn't be happier.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dog looks a lot better. They gave him some hyper fluids or something and some medicine. Have to keep a good watch on him tonight but if he's alright past tonight it was probably just something ****** he ate. He's much more lively now so I'm thinking he's doing better.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Like Drakes for Lukeswap, anyone with an ego and a shitload of cash to pay for such a privilege can order custom ties with their own label.

FTFM:)

Aforementioned items. Suit was thrift, slippers were consignment.

I have, wear, and love those Stubbs slippers.

Great day today. Picked up a ton of stuff but these were the highlight. :)

Am I correct in assuming these are gator or croc?

Nat, those are ostrich claw, or Struzzo in Italian. Its the actual leg/claw of an ostrich which doesn't have the typical pimple quills you usually see on the body skin.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dog looks a lot better. They gave him some hyper fluids or something and some medicine. Have to keep a good watch on him tonight but if he's alright past tonight it was probably just something ****** he ate. He's much more lively now so I'm thinking he's doing better.

That's a relief! FYI - my siamese had a milder but chronic similar issue, and it turned out to be food allergies. Yer probably right, just something he ate. Hopefully he is 100% soon.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@leftrightvsp that font reminds me of cole haan stuff I've seen. Might be too common a font, but that was the first thought in my head.

maro2280

Reaction score
Authentic vintage Dunhill tailors. I think I go through this every few years so won't explain and refer to:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?52939-The-legend-of-Dunhill-Tailors

Falcone?

I've picked up some pretty mediocre legit Dunhill. I'd say the only Dunhill I found I was impressed with was made by Zegna. Can't speak to the authenticity of yours though.

Thank you both for your replies. Informative and helpful.

I acquired two bespoke Dunhill Tailors suits a few weeks back that are excellent in terms of quality. They were made in the mid-1990s and have a the Dunhill Tailors logo styled differently (picture below). I had assumed the tag was simply what Alfred Dunhill put in a suit when it was bespoke--that seems correct given information in the thread @catside provided.

leftrightvsp

Reaction score

Boom. That's it. Thank bud. I knew I recognized that symbol, just couldn't for the life of me remember who the maker was. Wasn't concerned with quality since my only other pair of black leather gloves is a pair of deer skin from L.L. Bean and unlined. I have been looking for a pair of cashmere lined all winter to no avail so these will do until I can upgrade. Also whoever picked up that kiton from the armory. I need to see more pics. That looks awesome! I have yet to find a kiton jacket. Some day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads