• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anybody paying attention, Sierra Trading Post has a flash sale going on now. It ends in 30 minutes... Lots of Hickey Freeman suits and such things.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gusset and vents, looks unworn. USN perforation is cool.

That jacket is sick!

thenorth

Reaction score
Just above is a photo of a sweater Pringle I passed on one today wool made in Scotland. Bad move?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tellason hooked it up!

Thank you to whomever posted the heads up!

Lolz, I saw someone posted it on my facebook feed and figured you guys would appreciate it.
I now have four pairs of Tellason (two of these will probably be going to Ebay soon). They are pretty damned good if you ask me. The inflated prices are coming out of Japan.

Lolz, that's why when I buy Japanese swag I either use Rakuten or proxy or just cop when I go there.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lolz, that's why when I buy Japanese swag I either use Rakuten or proxy or just cop when I go there.

Yeah, I hear that's the way to go... I've flown over Japan, but haven't yet been. It's bound to happen eventually: my wife's sister did an exchange program there one summer in high school. We might actually have someone to visit.

Sir, you have your niche locked up. I haven't the slightest idea what you're pulling, but I'm sure you're killing it.

Yes. Yes, I do. Killing it is a relative term, but I think I'm doing pretty well. If only I could be in six places at once....

Here's the final round:

Chaco Z/1 Unaweep

KEEN Newport H2

Chaco Z/1 Unaweep

Hoka One One Clifton (M's 10.5)

Hoka One One Bondi 3 Speed (M's 9.5)

Hoka One One Challenger ATR (M's 10)

Hoka One One Stinson ATR (M's 12)

Hoka One One Stinson Tarmac (W's 7.5)

Hoka One One Stinson Trail (W's 8)

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dudes:
I ordered this jacket:

Luigi Bianchi gun check in navy and brown -- extremely versatile.
In two sizes (sadly, before the price dropped again :fu: ). I have 40 and 44 on the way. Happy to proxy whichever one doesn't fit. Hit me on the PM if interested.

Last edited:

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dudes:
I ordered this jacket:

Luigi Bianchi gun check in navy and brown -- extremely versatile.
In two sizes (sadly, before the price dropped again :fu: ). I have 40 and 44 on the way. Happy to proxy whichever one doesn't fit. Hit me on the PM if interested.
\

Yoox is pretty good with price adjustments. I'd shoot them an email.

Close Horse

Reaction score
Looks like Yoox only has 46R left. So if you want either of the sizes GMMcL has then it's proxy or no jacket for you.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought he was pretty solidly in 42 turf!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, total noob here.

I remember reading once that you shouldn't leave 100% cashmere on the rack at thrift stores. Does that even apply to department store brands? I grabbed a Lord & Taylor cashmere sports coat, but it's too small for me (48). Not sure if I'll take it back, or if it's worth flipping.

Secondly, if I'm remembering right about not leaving 100% cashmere on the rack, what are thoughts on leaving wool/cashmere blends on the rack? I passed on one, entirely.

Madroaster

Reaction score
First time thrifting in a while; picked this up today--a flawless Icer coat.

woodchuck312

Reaction score
Sorry, total noob here.

I remember reading once that you shouldn't leave 100% cashmere on the rack at thrift stores. Does that even apply to department store brands? I grabbed a Lord & Taylor cashmere sports coat, but it's too small for me (48). Not sure if I'll take it back, or if it's worth flipping.

Secondly, if I'm remembering right about not leaving 100% cashmere on the rack, what are thoughts on leaving wool/cashmere blends on the rack? I passed on one, entirely.

Depends. If you like the clothing for you to personally wearthen yes, to flip no. I pass on cashmere all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads