• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love sushi. There are some amazing amazing places in nyc that I want to go. I've read they are out of this world and cost as much :/

@size 38R , haha yeah. i gotcha.

Musicled

Reaction score
If anybody has suggestions for fun and awesome things to do in New Orleans, I'm all ears.

I can help you with where to eat, not so much with what to do.

We go there as often as possible but all we do is shop and eat really.

Send me a pm with more info and i'll be glad to help you.

Last edited:

Musicled

Reaction score
no offence 'murica.- if you want seafood.......... go to Japan. best in the world. yesterday i ate tempura fried whale! the seafood is crazy!!!!!!!!!

I'll pay cost plus shipping as long as it stays fresh, lol

Never been to Japan but the closest I think I've ever had was a joint in Key Largo.
Never had tuna that good in my life. Nutty, pure, raw flavor. It was amazing.

I can only imagine how good stuff in Japan is...

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anybody has suggestions for fun and awesome things to do in New Orleans, I'm all ears.
Go to Frenchman Street near the Marigny for the best in old and new Jazz & Funk. Drink Abita Andygator if anyone has it. Tastes like candy and 8+%. If you absolutely have to go to Bourbon Street, hit up the Erin Rose on Conti. Fiorella's on Decatur for some damn fine food. I love Jackson Square for people watching and the Pirates Alley Cafe if it's still there (they don't serve food, just drinks, but in New Orleans, that counts as food. Molly's on the Market for a taste of the local side of the Quarter.

Hit up Tipatina's Uptown for more awesome music. Go to The Collumns for a bit more upscale bar scene (also uptown/Garden District).

Last edited:

Randomore

Reaction score
Lol you should actually see what the The of Mormon play is about. From the creators of South Park. Pretty much just a comedy making fun of everything and everyone not even necessarily about Mormons.

Will let you guys know more when we see it!

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen, thank you for all the well wishes!

@Barrel and Sparrow, I definitely knew right when it happened that something was wrong (there was an audible pop, followed by intense pain) I didn't have insurance at the time, so I just dealt with it. It's one of those things that goes away....until you twist it or land on it the wrong way. Long story short, it's been acting up something fierce lately and now I have really good insurance, so I thought it was time to get it taken care of.

Again, thank you everybody for your concern. The kindness and generosity of all you guys on this thread never ceases to warm my heart. :satisfied:

Kindness, I'm putting you in a wheelchair and blocking access to the fresh racks at everyone's favorite thrift in Chicago :devil:

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 dozen roses @ whole foods for $24.99 - good buy
Oh very cool, I would have known this to be true if the closest whole foods wasn't 30 minutes from me : /
Costco is 5, and I'll try and be there first thing in the AM to get me some good pickins. Probably pick up a few for the house as well...

Kindness, I'm putting you in a wheelchair and blocking access to the fresh racks at everyone's favorite thrift in Chicago
devil.gif
hahaha.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys considered giving your special person a Rose bush in a pot? ready for the garden?
the gift that keeps on giving.
after a few years, a beautiful garden would be a visual legacy of your relationship.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who wants a proxy?

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who wants a proxy?

dammit, i would be. but i'm after a 49ers one. or a san jose sharks hockey one in medium. thrift APB. i want those 2 jersey's. 1990's basketball one's (Champion/or dream team) are win also.

Last edited:

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my valentine's day plans usually involve sending the old lady a bunch of dick pics. this year i'm shooting for a brett favre theme (flaccid + crocs).

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My broke ass valentines day is going to consist of free museums and conservatory visits, and picnicking in a tropical garden. Cheapo this year, maybe alinea in two years :inlove:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

deetz...?  :nest:

It's coming... I'm halfway home now, stopping for coffee!

One of the highlights would be five GoreTex jackets. A few down shirts, a Snap T or two. Good times!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics