• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dolfan...great haul...lots of stuff in my size :)

I think the RL sweater looks legit. Most fake's are either the gaudy items or popular ones. I doubt people are clamoring for fake white cable knit sweaters.

mjt73106

Reaction score
Looks real to me. I flip a fair amount of Polo RL and have come across a couple fakes. Real will have the tags attached by the same color thread as the garment itself. If it has an embroidered horse & rider, it will be detailed and almost 3-dimensional (not flat which is how 99% of fakes look). Made in HK, even cashmere, is not a red flag for me. Not sure what you mean about the 2nd label not being separated - I see 3 labels there, and they will sometimes be attached under the main label, or off to the side between neck & shoulder. Looks fine by me.

Dolfan...great haul...lots of stuff in my size
smile.gif

I think the RL sweater looks legit. Most fake's are either the gaudy items or popular ones. I doubt people are clamoring for fake white cable knit sweaters.

Regarding the Polo, I've seen plenty of those made in HK and the tag looks pretty consistent. Looks good to me.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
+1 Good.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decent day today. Took my brother out with me to show him some of the tricks of the trade. He must have been my lucky charm because today was a good day. All are available except for the BB linen shirt. It fits me perfectly and I've been looking for a linen shirt all summer. I swear, I saw more linen shirts today (6) then I ever have. Going back tomorrow to pick up a Sammy navy blazer. Side vented. :slayer:

BB linen shirt.

VV tie. Surprisingly, this is one of the first VV ties I've found.

Bergdorf Goodman Tailored fit linen shirt. Large.

The highlight. My first! Grail find for me!

JustinP

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quote:
The old saying about London's buses: You wait for ages, then two come along one after the other.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this in the woman's section today, it is very soft but I can't find any tags on it for whether it is good wool or cashmere and I'm pretty new to the game and not an expert like some of you, anyone help?

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went back and dropped $15 on this Tissot from yesterday. Beat to hell but there are some tells that indicate it is legit. More later, gotta scoot for now.

IMG_20120825_114811.jpg

IMG_20120825_114842.jpg

IMG_20120825_114952.jpg

Last edited:

Apollotrader

Reaction score
There is a NWOT Oxford three piece suit at My Sisters Closet in Scottsdale, size 42L, kind of a light tan/olive glenn plaid for $245.00 FYI.

AMProf

Reaction score
Brooks Bros clearance center report!

On my most recent trip to the BBCC in rural NC I was in communication with a few of you i-gents (hello Brianpore) to see if I could pick up some hard to find sizes of staple items (mostly OCBDs, the place was crammed full of them in the early part of the summer). Alas, that's the nature of going to a place like this, the stock had really turned over, and selection was much more poor this go around. However, if you wanted this particular striped shirt:

photo-1.jpg

lordy, there were tons of them!

Still though, always a fun place to visit, because you look in the back corner and see this, and just wonder what those boxes hold.....

bbboxes.jpg

Nonetheless, I did pick up a few cool things like ties.....

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

and shirts
DSC_0001-2.jpg

...which can be found over on the B&S (see my signature).

mjt73106

Reaction score
Found this in the woman's section today, it is very soft but I can't find any tags on it for whether it is good wool or cashmere and I'm pretty new to the game and not an expert like some of you, anyone help?

Alpaca - the super fiber. Cannot really tell from the low resolution of your photos any additional details.
I went back and dropped $15 on this Tissot from yesterday. Beat to hell but there are some tells that indicate it is legit. More later, gotta scoot for now.
IMG_20120825_114811.jpg

IMG_20120825_114842.jpg

IMG_20120825_114952.jpg
Why would you think that it is not authentic? You may want to check out the sf cheap watch thread.

Cedric

Reaction score
Any Vintage Zegna experts?

Thrifted this today, without much inspection.
Is this real?
Clues:
- Tags says Ermenegildo Zegna Paris but white tag says made in Italy?
- Old Zegna tag and has anyone ever seen the "E Z Paris" logo as per pic below?
- Waistband in pants is brand new
- Pants are flat front , if it was as old as tags indicates, wouldnt it have pleats?
- No tags in pants
- Lining in pants is strange for lack of a better word
- Tag in the collar that usually says where it was made was removed.

Last edited:

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Low on quantity lately, but pretty good on quality.

Vintage Sulka tie in mint condition.

SULKAPURP.jpg

SULKAPURP1.jpg

Shell cordovan AE Cambridge full brogues. 11 B

aecam.jpg

aecam4.jpg

aecam5.jpg

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=000080]Alpaca - the super fiber. Cannot really tell from the low resolution of your photos any additional details. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080]Why would you think that it is not authentic? You may want to check out the sf cheap watch thread. [/COLOR]

I know it's not a thousand dollar timepiece but there seems to be a lot of fakes regardless.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pry-ed myself out of bed this morning to hit a garage sale. One other woman was standing outside with me waiting. The house owner was out front (the sale was in the back alley where the garage was) on the porch. We waiting until opening time rolled around. Nothing. The women told me she had just come from a sale that never opened and there was quite the crowd of angry people outside. However we both thought something was amiss as there was just the two of us. We then walked around front to speak with the homeowner. He said there was a death in the family and they were going to the funeral today. The sale had been rescheduled. Everyone else seemed to have gotten the memo except this woman and I. Oh well. So up at 9am on a Saturday. Decide to hit some thrifts. Made the morning somewhat worth it.

- Alden split toes. 11 B. Gummy soles. Needs some serious leather conditioner (doing that now).

Trying my hand one more time with Gucci. If this flops, I give up. Real leather. Heavy brass piston lock closure. The only thing that makes me second guess is the inside Gucci label. The # on the back of it is crooked. The way the label is merely a "tab" looks so cheap. You'd think it'd be a leather patch sewn onto the lining. Spoo, please tell me this thing is real. If not, I can return it but will likely give up with all this highly-faked stuff.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=000080]Alpaca - the super fiber. Cannot really tell from the low resolution of your photos any additional details. [/COLOR]

Alpaca really is wonderful to wear. I have a cheap cardigan off e-bay, and even though it's low end, it's simply a wonderful feeling fiber. Really light, soft, and warm. Only trouble is that it's much fuzzier than a wool or cashmere would be, but that's just part of the look, though it may be mitigated with higher end alpaca yarns than the ones used in the sweater I have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads