• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I probably don't need any more jackets....
decisions.gif

Last edited:

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"It's alright, I guess". Seriously? Ebay won't wipe that one? @highvoltorb

They probably would have if I had tried hard enough. Didn't know my **** well enough back then. I also didn't realize it was a defect so I didn't bother calling. Learned my lesson. Also, ***************.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Help with these signatures?
This one is on a franz weiss print I picked the other day and it doesn't match his

And the other one is this on a lithograph I'm eyeballing

Thanks in advance!

The blue ink in the weiss is the artist's hand. Most people that I know have a different signature with a paintbrush than with a pen. I think it's just a sloppy sig but it could be an inscription. I would bet on it being his hand tho.

I'll also ask, is the number above the printed signature (the stylized fw) also "live", and do you think that is an edition? Just curious. Also, the work is matted funny, usually the margin is proportional all around but yers seems to be cropped pretty tight at the top and bottom. Most prints that I've seen aren't signed within the print, they're signed below the print in the margin (like yer second example). I'd be curious if there are any marks below the print but I don't expect you to mess around with the mat to check.

As for the second print, no idea. Thanks for the pics!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
You realize Edward the 7th was in the early 1900s right? I was curious when that style caught on in English tailoring and spread. Still curious about this btw. But please, post more stuff that has nothing to do with anything or realize that i asked @eazye a question you can't answer and refrain from butting your nose where it has no business. I doubt that will ever happen since you're an insufferable know it all. Also your attempts of sucking up to eayze lately have been hilarious.

Have a nice day!
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......... so you expect that because one man was portly, and his people around him much like yourself, the entire world should follow a ridiculous trend started to make one man in england happy? because a bunch of suck-ups did it, we should too? and if you read the thread, this topic has been discussed at great length. my jackets will be buttoned as they were designed to be buttoned. other styles from that era are amazing.

Also, you are more than mistaken. i never despised @eazye and some of his fits have been good recently. and i am really interested in his ventures. wishing him success, and glad he is learning his own style, seperate from current trends. you either lead, or follow. unlike you, he is a leader.

if you think my genuine well wishes, and offers of help to another member are hilarious, what does that say about you?
there is only one notorious suck up here. and it's certainly not I.
but feel free to thumb the next post when one of your buddies tries to take a jab at me.
thumbs-up.gif

I got this piece a while back so I don't remember the deetz but I think it's nothing great at all, just decent and pretty fancy since it's from Japan. All I found pointed to the house brand of some department store, quite mass produced.

@Thrift Vader or @barrelntrigger could maybe enlighten us ^^
Love T.K stuff. it varies from cheap, to super nice stuff. he's a legend in Japanese fashion. making style affordable to the masses.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the random musing... My wife once asked why guys always seem to get in arguments over petty things on Facebook. I told her that this behavior was nothing new in online message boards.

It's funny...

It used to tick me off that the rest of the people here weren't rubbing off on me. I wasn't picking up Classic Menswear as "My Way". I've never understood why people dress the way they dress. I've always been outside of fashion trends... The only trend I was ahead of was the whole wearing sandals trend here in California. Now that that trend has come and gone, here I am finding all of the sandals I could ever need for pennies compared to what they cost in 1996.

Yeah, my personal fashion has changed somewhat over the three years I've been a part of this forum, but I haven't let it change who I am. What I've gotten out of this place is an incredible wealth of knowledge which has allowed me to form my way of making a living in this world. I value people like @eazye precisely because I can see the changes he's made in his style of these years. I value even contrarian fools (and I'm a decent contrarian myself when I put my mind to it) like @Thrift Vader for standing out in the crowd. I think that the whole "Styleforum Groupthink" thing is a pox on this place. People should value differences in opinion more than parroting what they've heard from previous generations or from their friends.

Does that mean one is a fool if you decide to dress in older styles? Hell no! I love seeing @Orgetorix posting his 1920's inspired fits... I do wish he'd blog more though.

So yeah, 2015 looks a whole lot like 2012, except that you're more likely to find me wearing actual shoes, and long pants. And the whole Jedi-level denim thing? That caught me totally off guard. Thank you @barrelntrigger and @troika for helping me find that particular rabbit hole.

Hopefully everyone here understands that form necessarily follows function. Don't wear something because it's fashionable, or what you've always worn, wear it because you like it. And rock that ****...

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the random musing... My wife once asked why guys always seem to get in arguments over petty things on Facebook. I told her that this behavior was nothing new in online message boards.

biggrin.gif

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It used to tick me off that the rest of the people here weren't rubbing off on me.

this happens a lot on the internet, just on different websites.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this happens a lot on the internet, just on different websites.

For some reason, I read this as

But realized it was this

Also, one thing I've never quite understood the need to response to other's snarky comments just to justify yourself. Who gives a ****? It's a waste of time. Zzz

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.