• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent outwear stuff:

Ibex, 100% Wool, USA Made, Large

North Face PrimaLoft, Small

Older style Mountain Hardware Fleece, USA made, Extra Large

Last edited:

aglose

Reaction score
100% shot in the dark on that, but it is probably a light holder? Like a professional one so that you can adjust it?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found two Manfrotto tripods in the past but what is this thing? The clamp head thing on it looks like it holds a pole/bar in place, so I'm assuming maybe a microphone on a pole?

I would guess it is missing an arm used to take pictures of flat objects from above. I was searching for one and they are very expensive.

EDIT:

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! I just got the same Tom Ford ties, like the two left ones.
And I was JUST telling myself I should hit the outlets. Looks like that'll be a wasted trip now, thank you very much.
Creepiest. Picture. EVER. ------- I haven't bragged in a good log time. Mostly because I haven't really been out in a while. But I did find these. Don't get too excited; consignment pricing. But NWT White Oak Rag & Bone is still a pretty good find in my book.
And here's an e-brag. Decent price. But the edges weren't hand rolled. So I took care of that. It's Kiton and it's cashmere. Who's a size 14 and want s a proxy (still pretty hefty, tho) on some basically NWOB AE scotch grain loafers?

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part 2 of the thriftily purchased by electronic means haul:

Lets start out slow:

5 more Isaia hangers (9 total), 8x Brunello Cucinelli garment bags, 2x BC hangers

2x more Isaia cashmere SCs (for a total of 5 + 1 suit)

2x Kiton wool/cashmere pants, 4x Kiton cashmere SCs

2x Zegna SCs, 1x EZ suit

Best part, all but 2 of the Kiton SCs are my size. The EZs look absolutely new, and the suit is a silk/wool blend.

babycelebrity

Reaction score
Nice to see how guys are bragging here. I had to rock somehow
smile.gif

My Northface Doing the Big Job Big Time!!!

The Military Daddy bag am expecting for the little ******.

s_allen_p

Reaction score
There was a good 15min today where I thought I'd found something truly special. But it looks like there was another Jules Verne:

Back

There's lots of clues to it not being the author Jules Verne (Verne was 54 and bearded in 1882), but I keep telling myself the man on the right does kind of look like this guy

Regardless, I now have an old picture documenting the "largest deer killed in that county".

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Yeah, that was my other guess since I know Manfrotto makes photography equipment. The head bracket thing on it is adjustable.
Yeah, that was my other guess since I know Manfrotto makes photography equipment. The head bracket thing on it is adjustable.
that's a boom arm for big softboxes or beauty dishes for lighting. Nice thrift meng.

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Part 2 of the thriftily purchased by electronic means haul:

Lets start out slow:

5 more Isaia hangers (9 total), 8x Brunello Cucinelli garment bags, 2x BC hangers

2x more Isaia cashmere SCs (for a total of 5 + 1 suit)

2x Kiton wool/cashmere pants, 4x Kiton cashmere SCs

2x Zegna SCs, 1x EZ suit

Best part, all but 2 of the Kiton SCs are my size. The EZs look absolutely new, and the suit is a silk/wool blend.
WoW! How the hell did you do that??

Any 56 here? :D

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to catch up on the past 3000 posts yet, but will. For now, suffice it to say that I am in Maryland after successfully getting my wife a second solo Race Across America finish (bicycle race from Oceanside to Annapolis).

I will now be cutting a swath across the country leaving the thrifts in my path looking like a tornado sucked up all the good stuff.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not going to catch up on the past 3000 posts yet, but will. For now, suffice it to say that I am in Maryland after successfully getting my wife a second solo Race Across America finish (bicycle race from Oceanside to Annapolis).

I will now be cutting a swath across the country leaving the thrifts in my path looking like a tornado sucked up all the good stuff.

that is AWESOME!

aglose

Reaction score
If anyone has a seven day straight razor set in good condition please PM me. I tired to find the post but mobile search is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads