• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, Snow Day challenge - write a word, phrase or emoticon to completely sum up each TT poster. Ill start.

Nataku -
wow.gif

ridethecliche - haha
Size38R -
nest.gif

1oftheCoolKids - Yay!
GmmCL - "not available"
Brianpore - "I dont usually pick up..."
Wes - (emoticon needed for reverse beaver pic)
You, of all people, couldnt think of something for Andro?

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy mother of GOD!

Spoo: Don't you just love Viyella? I think they're great. They never seem to command what they're really worth. Their colorways are always spectacular.

Edit: you guys have me seriously jonesing. With weather, cash flow, etc., I resolved not to go out until I built up my war chest again. But these hauls...

+100 The cotton/wool mix shirts are perfect for days like today. So toasty.

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score

Went up to Seattle this weekend with my girlfriend and her family. Apparently everybody there was watching the game, because I hit it huge. Apologies to those of you who's stores I plundered. DEM SHIRTS.
Vilebrequin linen, Marc by Marc Jacobs, recent wild skeet, Duchamp, A.P.C., ISAIA, Barbera linen
3x Giorgio Armani luxury black label, Obedient Sons casual tux shirt thing, 3sixteen(my third now, somehow), MARNI, Junya Watanabe x Comme des Garcons
SHADES
Tom Ford for the ladies and B&L Ray-Ban 10k aviators
SWEATY
Minty recent Zegna wool/silk/cashmere blend quarter zip, ******* Patrik Ervell sweater, and a (super recent?) Pringle made in Italy wool/cashmere button(MOP) up sweater thingy.
DENIMZ
NWT True Religion selvedge. (I have a personal pair of these but with no butt Buddha, red/white/blue selvedge, and an American flag patch instead of the TR patch and they are some seriously nice jeans.) Plus this sick limited edition Levi's jacket.
Sideways tie action
I picked up like 50 ties, these were the best ones of them. From the top: Recent Canali, Zegna 15 milmil 15 wool/cashmere, sick PRL, Burberry, 3x Ben Silver, Sulka, BB Makers cotton/linen, 2x J. Crew
SHOOZ
These white suede AE's and Santoni's were the best, but also picked up like 4x TBNY, 3x Ferragamo, Martin Dingman, and something italian for Church's.
LE GRAND FINALE:
sicknasty Belvest wool/cashmere knee length coat. What could this leather jacket be?
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
This is awesome. Gonna ditto the Ervell piece but I really wanna see a full shot of that Junya cutaway! Also jealous of your Marni find.

Last edited:

gerbilunit

Reaction score
good guy 1ofthecoolkids.

leaves all of the good stuff together to make OTHER thrifters finds easier.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good guy 1ofthecoolkids.

leaves all of the good stuff together to make OTHER thrifters finds easier.

I try to do this with the records. I'm at the point now where I don't need another copy of Led Zeppelin 'IV' or Blue Oyster Cult 'Agents of Fortune'. When I find decent records that I already own, I pile them together at the front of the pile so that the next person who has similar tastes doesn't have to flip through endless Lawrence Welk, Johnny Mathis and weird religious albums. I keep hoping it will catch on, but it hasn't yet.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My online shop is open 24/7. If you find yourself in the Boston area, I'm open only from 10-2 on Saturdays, or by appointment Tues,-Fri. 

(sorry for the double reply, meant to hit "quote")

I've met you there before a few weeks ago!

Maybe I'll come trade you my no longer fitting j press blazer :p

gerbilunit

Reaction score
2nd try! I think the file was too big, I couldn't upload it!
For some reason I always find myself looking in the tie section, even though I rarely have an occasion to wear one:
smile.gif

I have to figure out what I'm going to do with these first, so tentatively n/a.
biggrin.gif
nod[1].gif
nice finds man!

JabbaTheSlut

Reaction score
So you're the one who left me picking up scraps on the ties!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads