• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OCOONEY

I fricking love you man. Traded out for this 1987 Bespoke Huntsman which I was going to put in my collection, but turns out Mr. Craig Burr was a well built individual just like me - fits like it was my bespoke, save for a hair short in the arms.

not thrifted but the bottom if anyone cares

Last edited:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo do you wear the stuff you post in your fitpics out to thrifts? On one hand, I can't imagine someone flipping through the racks in Huntsman and Vass and on the other hand...

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo do you wear the stuff you post in your fitpics out to thrifts? On one hand, I can't imagine someone flipping through the racks in Huntsman and Vass and on the other hand...

When I used to write graffiti, we would go bombing in suits and ties. In the event we were spotted, nobody would ever believe that kids dressed up would be doing such things.

Magician Shaun

Reaction score
I scored a Hickey Freeman LP Super 150s Madison in a Charcoal with gold pinstripes at Burlington for $150. Not as good as some but not bad for a beginner.

I also got a vintage Walton clothes tailored by Schaeffer grey blazer at Goodwill. Not sure how awesome it is but it fits me and it's cool. Who is Walton clothes?

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THANKS!!!
Thank you so much for the VFG link. They're great and I need to poke around there. The oldest I've seen before this one is the blue HT label (like the black one at the VFG) which I think is late 50s.

As for the maker of the pants, no special knowledge needed:
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[/QUOTE]
Thrifted 4 of these German military pants...same tags.

Hell yea, I thrift in a suit & tie because wear that to work (well i quit today)...

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright guys, popped a couple cherries the past two days. nothing crazy...but all available

size M

16.5 42

Last edited:

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LL SHITY CELL PHONE PICS. TEASERS FROM INSIDE STORE
LAST PHOTO IS THE END RESULT OF THIS AFTERNOON...

TOP 3 PICS ^^
2 Pc Vintange Banana Republic Fishing Suit Jacket Pants w/ Matching BR Belt

Straight FU SUIT! Yea its dated lapels, but for thrift prices, I couldn't leave it!

I resigned today from my current job, went thrifting for 4 hours, hit 7 stores and walked away with over 50 pieces...deets later
Thrifted 10 bespoke suits from same donor (measurements & pics later), some NWT Hickey Freeman, NWT Joseph Abboud, some Zegna and bunch more ****.

EDIT: Somewhere in this pile, is a 4pc tweed suit...

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I resigned today from my current job, went thrifting for 4 hours, hit 7 stores and walked away with over 50 pieces...deets later
Thrifted 10 bespoke suits from same donor (measurements & pics later), some NWT Hickey Freeman, NWT Joseph Abboud, some Zegna and bunch more ****.

Did you quit to ProThrift?

What size are the bespokes? :D

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excuse my naivety but what on earth is a 4pc suit? And I hope your work situation is positive.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you quit to ProThrift?

What size are the bespokes?
biggrin.gif
ProThrift buddy
cheers.gif

First set of bespoke suits x8 seem to be around a 42-44 (tad size too small for myself)...I just threw on a jacket real quick.
Second set of Bespoke suits x3 Hong Kong I believe...I have yet to dig out of the bag and try on for a range estimation before measurements some time next week.

Excuse my naivety but what on earth is a 4pc suit? And I hope your work situation is positive.
I wish I could say the fourth pair were a set of breeks...but its an extra set of trousers. Still stoke to find anything in a 4pc and especially tweed
inlove.gif

Ultimate 4pc would be a True Norfolk jacket, vest, pants, breeks...someday.

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ProThrift buddy
cheers.gif

First set of bespoke suits x8 seem to be around a 42-44 (tad size too small for myself)...I just threw on a jacket real quick.
Second set of Bespoke suits x3 Hong Kong I believe...I have yet to dig out of the bag and try on for a range estimation before measurements some time next week.

I wish I could say the fourth pair were a set of breeks...but its an extra set of trousers. Still stoke to find anything in a 4pc and especially tweed
inlove.gif

Ultimate 4pc would be a True Norfolk jacket, vest, pants, breeks...someday.
Congrats on the job upgrade
fistbump.gif
. And thanks for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads