• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, request here: RL/woolrich/BR/orvis/vintage southwestern shirts! Denim & supply stuff too, if you find it at all.

Sizes: L in vintage, XL for standard, or XXL slim fit. 25" p2p

I know you guys don't usually care to pick this stuff up, but please do it for me.
Everyone knows I love me some vintage americana, but even on sale the repro inspired stuff is too expensive. Help a homie out. I have tons of rad **** for trade, or just $$.

green_machine

Reaction score

Hey y'all, request here: RL/woolrich/BR/orvis/vintage southwestern shirts! Denim & supply stuff too, if you find it at all. Sizes: L in vintage, XL for standard, or XXL slim fit. 25" p2p I know you guys don't usually care to pick this stuff up, but please do it for me. Everyone knows I love me some vintage americana, but even on sale the repro inspired stuff is too expensive. Help a homie out. I have tons of rad **** for trade, or just $$.
I don't know why people seem to poopoo on the denim & supply by RL. I really really like it too. The only new piece of clothing I've bought the past year (for myself) is a chambray/bandana shirt from rl d&s. I love it. That embroidered one in the pic looks sick too.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why people seem to poopoo on the denim & supply by RL. I really really like it too. The only new piece of clothing I've bought the past year (for myself) is a chambray/bandana shirt from rl d&s. I love it. That embroidered one in the pic looks sick too.

I know right? Some of their stuff can be pretty garish at times, but overall it's quite nice. The quality kinda sucks, but it's good enough for me.

I haven't been able to find any at thrifts, but I'm sure some people here must pass on it sometimes. GET AT ME

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a side note, can anyone explain why the North Face vest has instructions to wash sleeping bags on the care label?

Great haul! That J. Crew is insane. Such a cool piece. That Loro Piana is crazy too. I've seen Loro Piana for Netjets cashmere ties, but never a jacket. Wow!

The care label was just a generic label used on anything down that North Face made. They used it on their sleeping bags, parkas and vests. It's pretty much the same technique for all the down products.

Nat is this a thing? I thought you said something about a white label?

Nice haul! Score on those Huntsman shirts!

Sadly the sweater isn't anything too crazy. Pretty common, worn by a lot of the branches of the military. They are very popular though. People love them and they are very warm. The reinforced areas make them great workhorses too. Your's likely dates from 78-81 but can't read the tag so I can't be sure. Maybe $20-$30 on the bay. Nick-named the "Wooly Pully"sweater. Don't ask where the name came from, I have no idea. Haha. Brigade Quartermasters made a version of this in the late 70's and it was one of their best sellers. It was called the Wooly Pully sweater and was labeled as such. It was made in England. I think they still sell them.

Today was a day of near misses. Very sad.

First up was this gorgeous solid gray birdseye suit. Canali Executive Collection 150's. Not cool enough? Well, it was a 3 piece! Cool factor achieved, right? Wrong. No pants anywhere. It was even hanging in the suit section, not the "blazer" section so the pants were likely there at one point. :fu:

Second was this amazing vintage suit. I can't date union tags, but I'm pretty sure this ones dated from the 30's or 40's. It was in fantastic shape too. No moth holes, worn lining, etc. No pants. The kicker is that these were in the women's suit section and had a pants hanger on them so these did have pants with them when they were put out. Where they are now, I haven't a clue. :brick:

Last edited:

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since there are requests happening tonight....

Vinyl guys, if you see any albums by David Allan Coe or Bruce Springsteen (from Greetings up to and including Darkness), please give me a shout.

Cash money or trades!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ what a damn shame that those pants were with that jacket for 80 years and some fuckstick in a thrift shop done broke them up.

nat if you reunite that set,please grab for me.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Vinyl guys, if you see any albums by David Allan Coe or Bruce Springsteen (from Greetings up to and including Darkness), please give me a shout.

Cash money or trades!

WAITWAT

You just named two of my most loved obscure bands.

Get your hands off my woman, motherfucker and You dont have to call me

FTW

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WAITWAT

You just named two of my most loved obscure bands.

Get your hands off my woman, motherfucker and You dont have to call me

FTW
I don't think Bruce Springsteen is all that obscure

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cash money or trades!

I'll keep my eyes peeled.

^ what a damn shame that those pants were with that jacket for 80 years and some fuckstick in a thrift shop done broke them up.

nat if you reunite that set,please grab for me.

I know, right? I had you in mind when I put it into my cart. I remember you mentioning your vintage collecting a few days ago. Hurt me to put it back when my search for the pants came up empty.

Last edited:

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're allowed to make vinyl requests in here? I should check more. I seriously doubt that any of you guys would find any of this stuff because most of it is too recent or obscure [/hipster], but here it goes:

A Tribe Called Quest
Andrew Jackson Jihad
Bright Eyes
Death Cab For Cutie
Funeral Party
Joel Plaskett
La Dispute
Portugal. The Man
Say Anything
The Format
The Head and the Heart
The Hush Sound
Thrush Hermit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads