• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus this badass shirt. There's a pair of white 501s with my name on them I hope will still be around for a saturday sale, that should go well with this shirt and some loafers. I"m dreading this summer's heat...

Can you post a pic of the label? I'm curious what this bad boy is... Looks like it should be solid 1960s rayon?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First of all, anyone have much experience with William Reid? From what I can see, its BReids precursor, and snagged a few pieces today. Also, any feedback on Madeline Finn? I don't think i've ever seen it on here, or in person before, but snagged a shirt today, it seems to have quite nice fabric, and massive chunky MOP's.
Second, can someone PM me a message on all the noobs? Who has proven to be a good guy/trade partner etc? I only ask because I see a lot, and want to reward those who need ot be rewarded/not hook a brotha up who isn't contributing meaningfully etc.  Also, another item I snagged just for trade, or w/e for one of you guys, is a RL signature (blue cursive label as posted recently) w/ besom pockets (sorry) but w/ ticket pocket and dual vented. Ill post pics later, but its got someone's name on it for 10+shipping. Also, WTF was going on today, i literally had to pass on 10+ unvented old zegnas, a dunhill that was too worn, and some other **** that obviously came from the same person.
PS you dallas/ft worth mothers... Will no one meet up with me? ****, im a decent guy, ill even buy your a beer, I WANT TO MEET SOMEONE FROM SF AND HOPEFULLY HIT A STORE WITH THEM!!!!!!!!
PPS Sorry, drunk again...

Hahahaha, drunk Sfing, I've done that waaaaaaaay too many times. :D I've really got to watch myself on the B&S when I've had a few in me.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're finally getting some decent weather so here's a summertime thrift fit pic.

PRL (Made in USA) linen SC
Harry Rosen private label Made in Italy shirt
BB linen/cotton pants. They have a drawstring on them for some reason but I still love them.
30-year-old Dacks shoes

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All pant finds from monday. I'm not mad though.

Incotex, 40. Noticed when I got home that the button is broken however the button on the inside is identical. You could swap that one with something else and not even know the difference. Available

Waist 20
Rise 12
Inseam 33 with a 1.5 cuff
Leg opening 9

Isaia Plaid Super 130's pants. These broke my heart because they are definitely reverse orphans. Not available.

Isaia Green Cords. Not available.

Anyone know what the 40% BB on the content tag means?

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any thread interest in a black faconnable 100% cashmere overcoat 52/42?

Hahahaha, just saw that and thought about picking it up. Made in or Vietnam or China or something though. Must have just missed you again.

So my wife and I are going camping next month, Glaicer, Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons and the Badlands. I've got an old NF Mountain tent that I bought back in 98. After a hot decade of Phish tour coupled with an extended camping/road trip all through the southwest and up the west coast, it's basically been reduced to tatters. We were just talking this morning about biting the bullet and dropping $350-$400 on a new one, when I found this:

Vintage EMS made in Boston Mass tent. Dated 1981, I honestly think it was never set up. ******* pristine! And even came with an old tube of seam sealer. It's no mountain tent, but for $8, I'm pleased.
A stack of soul and funk records.

My wife also asked me to keep an eye out for one of those vintage rubberized rain coats for her. Found this Lacoste version today in her size.

HF for myself. The cashier actually overcharged me $1 on my credit card and told me to go pick out a shirt.

Minty Pendleton wool shawl collar cardigan, wooden buttons. N/A

FillW

Reaction score
We're finally getting some decent weather so here's a summertime thrift fit pic.

PRL (Made in USA) linen SC
Harry Rosen private label Made in Italy shirt
BB linen/cotton pants. They have a drawstring on them for some reason but I still love them.
30-year-old Dacks shoes

Looks good from what I can see. You should take more pics that show the fit better and post them in the WAYWRN thread.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this awesome BB heavy duty workwear hunting jacket thing got super excited. Saw the $50 price tag but still threw it over my shoulder. Had so much handy work, cord collar and cuffs, tons of pockets inside and out. Great weight to it. Size Large

Just got one of those minty for 11 bucks! Pretty things aren't they? Mine is N/A, gave it to a close friend who traded me for a pair of AE russet captoe bluchers! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads