• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah that RLBL tag was made on the in-store ticketmaker, so the tag must have come off somehow and the employee that had to attach a new ticket must not have known what it was and just grabbed a ticket from a regular pair of black pants to copy.

Good to know. I just found the missing part of the price tag in one of the front pockets, guess they were actually $350, not 295.

LooknGr8

Reaction score
Thrift gods have been evening things out lately, as if to say "You found two Huntsmans a couple weeks ago. You need to see a lot of ancient Zegnas and hole-ridden Canalis for a while, among the Strathmore and Evan-Piccones and Oscar de la Renta."

Found this tonight, tho, I will wear it at least a couple times before sending to Spooland. It may help me overcome my aversion to brown ties, it's pretty cool...

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First time really thrifting, loving it here are highlights from yesterday and today
9enu6a7a.jpg
jarerete.jpg
ahy6ybu6.jpg
u8y9upym.jpg
dudeje3y.jpg
y7e3evy9.jpg
8e3yjade.jpg
3aqujy5a.jpg
y7a2esy6.jpg
y7ymuber.jpg
9amurahe.jpg
uzu6edud.jpg
sa8amu7e.jpg
7e3uju9y.jpg
e5aneta8.jpg
epe7e5u8.jpg
e5e8adat.jpg
ge6udyge.jpg
evehapym.jpg
a4abu3u7.jpg
3y8abuve.jpg
bu3u6ura.jpg
apuve8yz.jpg
da2u5y5u.jpg
eme3ygab.jpg
gy5ymyze.jpg
buta7ete.jpg
ruzumage.jpg
3a5ujasy.jpg
ede5ygu7.jpg
a6eta6e7.jpg
ja9ege5a.jpg
[

Wow! Even DM7 didn't start out this good! Can't imagine your finds after you really get rollin'!

Last edited:

LooknGr8

Reaction score
Oh, can anyone tell me who makes "Calvin Klein Collection" made in Italy? I had a SC tonight but the label was too faded to shoot or I would have...passed on it but wonder if it was a good one or just meh...

aglose

Reaction score

Sammy for sure - the model name and serial # are in the right location

Yes but the Pee! It was stained all over the white pocket liner. :( it makes me so sad.

aglose

Reaction score
Oh and I found a salmon color Saks Fifth Avenue blazer made in Italy. No other makers not worth picking up? It was really kinda ugly and I'd never wear it but I suppose if it was worth trade or eBay fodder i could go pick it up again.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Wow! Even DM7 didn't start out this good! Can't imagine your finds after you really get rollin'!

DM7 didn't start off like that because he had no idea about brands. Ed's a seasoned privee sale shopper who finally realized that thrifts produce ridiculous gold.

aglose

Reaction score
If it was not hideously pink colored and didnt have patch pockets I would consider it but its just so ugly. I'll leave it be.

shadesofbeige

Reaction score
Oh, can anyone tell me who makes "Calvin Klein Collection" made in Italy? I had a SC tonight but the label was too faded to shoot or I would have...passed on it but wonder if it was a good one or just meh...
Vestimenta I believe. Styling is good, very modern and RLBL-ish. I'd pick it up for sure if it's in good shape.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DM7 didn't start off like that because he had no idea about brands.  Ed's a seasoned privee sale shopper who finally realized that thrifts produce ridiculous gold.

Very true. Still, I can't imagine what Eddie's hauls will be like in a few months once the bug has really caught him.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it was not hideously pink colored and didnt have patch pockets I would consider it but its just so ugly. I'll leave it be.

What was the size? I love hideously pink patch pocket jackets...

Which one of you was at TJX with 30+ kiton ties around your neck?

I found one he missed.

7 fold self tipped 100% linen kitten. Best tie I've handled by far. Sorry cappeli!

Saw a couple Charvets but left them. Wide and weird patterns.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

aglose

Reaction score
I assume you are either a clown who wears such colors, or being extremely ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads