• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg613

Reaction score
Heads up if anyone in ATL is into fedora's.

There was a nice Dobbs (maybe Waverly style) fedora at the Sandy Springs GW in a dark khaki color (cognac maybe), size is 7 5/8's. Comes in a vintage Resistol hat box for $9 and looks brand new.

There were two others, one Dobbs in grey and a Knox in green, but the grey sold while I was there and I took home the Knox.

It is behind the special items case.

shadesofbeige

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of these bad boys at Buffalo Exchange this afternoon, despite being a half size bigger than my usual size they fit just about perfect.

Now I'm trying to decide whether they make my (also thrifted) chocolate suede John Lobb Chesters irrelevant.

datsunfan

Reaction score
Found this bad boy today and since it was half price I had to buy it. It's available and probably a 42R.

LeSacre

Reaction score
Anybody have the initials RDS? I left 6 Turnbull and Asser shirts with RDS embroidered on them. I could go back and get them.

shadesofbeige

Reaction score

rayxlui

Reaction score
As EvilAbed calls him, the Darkest of all Matter has been hitting me up to thrift and post finds.

Here's some.

Golden Bear down jacket

Gant Rugger

Jack Taylor. Fuckin love his style. So bummed I don't fit it.

Brioni (DM7s)

Carroll & Co (DM7)

Sullivan & Wooly Savile ROW (DM7)

Willis & Geiger leather bomber

L.L Bean baller as **** jacket.

Hermes women's suit with silk scarf lapels.

5 x LVC

RLPL, RAY-BAN and Giorgio Armani sunglasses.

I dunno where everything else is. Oh wait, they're in the boxes.

joshuasaussey

Reaction score
Not much, but found some Ermenegildo Zegna chinos in a higher waisted pleated format. Been looking to experiment with these cuts of trousers for some time.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this bad boy today and since it was half price I had to buy it. It's available and probably a 42R.

Wow! I'm a fan of Corbin. I know they don't get much love on here.
Nothing done to them at all. They're 34x32 and I got them from barrelntrigger. They were the closest to my size available so I took a chance. They fit perfect. My only concern is that since they're raw denim I can't EVER wash them!
To be honest, long johns aren't really necessary except for extended periods outdoors when it's really cold, like below -10 F. You may not believe me so come visit me some January to experience it yourself.
That vest is awesome. To anyone who hasn't, I recommend the biography of Ralph Lauren, Genuine Authentic. I think Orgetrix mentioned it here awhile ago so I picked it up. Well worth the read for the insight into the fashion industry, production and design. Plus a peek into the "mind" of RL himself.
+1.

I bought a pair for my wedding and still have them 18 years later.

Check out the Dacks thread. Man of Lint posts there and he's a font of knowledge. Plus, a guy occasionally drops by whose father owned the company at one time.
Lol, I get it! But seriously though, I'd like to take something my boy, Troika, who is a major denim head, has said, "Who cares! They are just jeans. Wash them!" Lol, I think most advocates of never washing raw denim or only soaking them are trying to get those high contrast fading to the best of their ability. I think, as long as you don't wash them constantly, and soak or wash them in cold water when they start to smell, you should be ok, as long as you hang dry them.
Hey guys

Left these behind
Did I mess up?

Tell me you are trolling us, please!!!
Not much, but found some Ermenegildo Zegna chinos in a higher waisted pleated format. Been looking to experiment with these cuts of trousers for some time.

I think they should work for you as long as you are tall. Are you tall?
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ highlifeman, regarding those LRL vest with pockets, at first I thought they are for fishing but then I don't think wearing cotton vests is a good idea for fishing because you will get them wet. So, maybe they are for hunting?

@Ray, Wow! those LVC's and that W&G leather bomber!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FaceOfBoh, regarding LVC's, I don't really like they way they tend to fade. I haven't had good experiences with high contrast fading from LVC's so wash them, soak them, or do whatever you want to get them clean because I don't really think it's going to make that much of a difference in terms of getting those sweet honey combs or those whiskers.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads