1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

In the field. Does anyone recognize these markings?

[​IMG]

3. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

I picked up a Facconable Blazer today with goat leather trimming and other weird stuff. No made in tag though. Is it safe to assume it's probably france?

4. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Last 6184 is Cheaney according to this article on AAAC

5. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

That J press looks to be a hard 3, which is what's confusing you.

A true, trad 3/2 actually has the lapel fold just above the 2nd button, and the 3d button hole is meant to be viewed inverted.

What we usually call 3 roll 2 is actually a more modern invention EDIT: poor choice of words, as this has been around for a long time. I meant: as is the current style, where it gracefully arcs over the 3d button.

And then there is a hard 3, where the lapel roll starts and ends above the top button.

At least, that's how I understand it.

Yes, its something but I'm having trouble placing it. Either Cheaney or C&J -- something good. If in good shape I'd snag them.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Yes.

7. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

My first post in this thread. Thank you all for giving me such an education on mens clothing. Last week's finds. Crappy phone pics, I'm afraid.

Corneliani Wool/Cashmere dual vented sport jacket, Euro 56 L. My first ever 'high end' jacket find. Looks new, the pockets are basted shut. Did the 'pinch test' and looks to be fully canvassed.

[​IMG]

More pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From top left, going clockwise. All size 42. Too big for me but I couldn't leave them behind.

Brioni khaki flat front cotton pants.
    Zanella dark navy
    Zanella cotton
    Enzo Mantovani brown wool/cashmere. I'd never heard of them before but the construction looked very, very good. Pants are very soft and have a distinct nap to them. I think it's flannel, but can't be sure. Does anyone know how to identify flannel fabric?
    Zegna, cream colored, light wool. I love this fabric.

[​IMG]

More in spoilers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. landscapes

landscapes Well-Known Member

[/qfinds

Those pants are so hideous. I love it. My girlfriend hates it when I wear that sort of stuff, I love it.

If anyone finds pants with embroidered animals on them in the 31-34 waist range that aren't super baggy hit me up. Not my usual style but those Yorkies posted a few pages back made me want some bad.

9. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I love the diversity of this thread, I posted a nice Burberry trench and Paul Stuart overcoat and I had 3 people respond to a wind breaker. We have people who love trad, classic, street, athletic/outdoors and we all co-exist semi-harmoniously. Yes we get derailed once in awhile by politics or bad manners, but in the end this thread is 80K+ replies and still going strong. To show my love for this thread, I am going to give away another 2 SWUs on American Airline for someone doing a long haul intercontinental flight. The last 2 I gave away went to a professor on this site who went from RT D.C. to Shanghi in Business class (not from this thread).

Please see this thread for details, but I will waive the posting requirements for anyone who has posted in this thread before today. I know I will get the 30 PMs from the guy with 1 post asking why I won't give them away to him with his heartbreaking story of Grandma dying... I literally got 3 stories like that, I just don't understand what that has to do with being upgraded since you have to already have tickets in coach for these. It is almost October and I have no international trips planned so I have to give these away before the end of February and I have 6 left. This is only for 2 of the SWUs.

10. catside

catside Senior member

Just misbuttoned and mispressed. If it is a 43 or 44, my name is written on it!

11. catside

catside Senior member

Don't know what a SWU is but Why u not put it out as the next scavenger hunt prize!!!

12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Thanks! I thought they were decent shoes, and I was sure I'd seen those markings before. These are really nice shoes (whole cut oxfords is the style, I think). A bit roughed up though. At least they were half price at the SA today!

13. Towers

Towers Senior member

I haven't thrifted for a few months but every time I open this thread I get the itch. Mainly because of finds like this;
    :drool:

14. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

No size tag, but I can button it and the shoulders almost fit but the arms are short and I am a 44R. So probably either a 42 or 40.

15. OliT

OliT Senior member

Wow, very generous offer. I'm more of a Star Alliance kind of guy myself. Got premium eco and eco tickets going over to DEN in a month, put in for a paid upgrade (about 200$ each way) and hoping it'll go through. Even though I have upcoming trips that I could steer to AA, I won't go for these as I think someone else might need them more. And besides, I'm trying to consolidate my points. :)

16. JabbaTheSlut

JabbaTheSlut Well-Known Member

I've been looking at those Marc Jacobs Wranglers for a while, and very lustfully. They're selvedge, yeah?

17. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior member

Did you kop? What size? I was a fan on these. DM7 once found like 100 JacobsxWrangler jackets never found out what happened to them.

18. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

MJ did a collab with Wrangler a few years back. Most of the stuff from it on ebay are selvedge denim jackets. Is that what you got?

19. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

OMG! That Hermes and VW is heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!

Prada is real!

[​IMG]

20. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

When I found that vicuna coat I got PMs how "that's exactly the kind of coat I was looking for and it fits perfectly!" when I didn't post any measurements or size of any kind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.