• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelWithACause

Reaction score
Recent finds, not avail. Speaking of Mr Sids, I grabbed a box of ties once that had about 15 of them, let me know if you want pics.

Last edited:

Latour

Reaction score
Thinking about the earlier posts about wooden hangers:

I was wandering through a thrift store today and came across a number of these unusual contraptions - Italian made wooden trousers hangers. I suppose the felt is to keep wood stain from bleeding onto the fabric? Never seen these before, but the engineer in me kind of digs it. Anyone ever use these? Do you put the cuffs in the "clamp" or do you fold them in half and leave an inch of material above the clamp to avoid unsightly creases?

These are female skirt hangers.Don't you remember your mother using them? The cheap ones have clips.I guess they could be used for their slacks too.

Latour

Reaction score
These are female skirt hangers.Don't you remember your mother using them? The cheap ones have clips.I guess they could be used for their slacks too.
If they used them for slacks they're hang from the waistband, you can see it's a width for a female waist-24"
Hanging from hem would only stretch and ruin shape from the weight.

green_machine

Reaction score
I remember my Mother using them to hang my father and my slacks from the bottom (upside down). It worked well and kept them from being wrinkled and having a crease across them.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
2010Greek is the bizarro Frenchy.

Rather than take photos of unbelievable finds that he somehow picked his town clean of, he sits at home AND WAITS FOR A DAMN PHONE CALL.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If you have room in your closet to hang from the cuffs, the tension of the weight of the top of your trousers will keep them wrinkle-free and help maintain that crease. If I didn't have a half-height closet, I'd use these for all my trousers.

sn0wman

Reaction score
I seriously just don't even ... what?

DM7 finds literally truckloads of stuff.

And takes it to 2010 greek's house.

Why? What? What is even happening?

I think you missed the key in Greek's post -- he was feeding him his Grandmother's homemade Greek food. Good Food > Good clothes.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2010Greek is the bizarro Frenchy.

Rather than take photos of unbelievable finds that he somehow picked his town clean of, he sits at home AND WAITS FOR A DAMN PHONE CALL.

It's worse than that. He takes pictures of his unbelievable finds AND waits at home for a damn phone call from DM7 to bring over a truckload of stuff. Seriously, wtf is going on out there?

Shiny

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this Macklemore thrifting video:

just kiddin

Week was kinda slow till I found this BB golden fleece suit:

Paid $35 for it at a thrift, which was higher than usual for these parts. I did it b/c it fits and just needs minor alterations. Fantastic handsewn details. M. Greenfield? N/A but I will make available another BB GF suit that I had gotten a while back (40-42Rish). Check the trading thread for that one.

Other finds. Incotex FF chocolaty cords. 38x31 Available.

Trafalgar brown thinnish belt. N/A

VV long sleeve button down "Murray" shirt. Color is reddish orange. Tagged Large. Available

Charvet L/S dress shirt. Tagged 44. French cuffs. Fits my neck size 16.5 but it is too baggy. I would say the sleeves are 33ish. p2p is 26". Reluctantly available.

Last edited:

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shiny...that BBGF is well worth the cost/alterations. I love the ones I have.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped at one spot today and found some awesome stuff. Everything is available for TRADE, except the ties.
Polo wool

4 super trad skinny ties, presumably from the same guy.

Nut rag, should pay for the purchases today.

I finally popped my Jil Sander cherry, and with a real nice shirt too! Pristine, blue with white stripes and nice smoked MOP's, made in Italy , size 17

Kick ass waxed cotton jacket by Kenny Ireland. Very similar to Barbour, size L

Speaking of BBGF, found this jacket but no trousers to be seen. It's navy though, so could be used as a blazer and I intend to check back at that store for the next couple days. Loro Piana, size43R also Martin Greenfield?

And finally one of my favorite finds of all time. Recent HF Loro Piana blue windowpane blazer. In a size 43R :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: Looks like it was never even tried on. This is available but only for something comparable in my size please. Brianpore, you still got that size 38? :smarmy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads