• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beck

Reaction score
Eddie Shore?
Piss on Eddie Shore
Old time hockey?
Piss on old time hockey?
[/QUOTE]

[URL='http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/631578/'][IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/631578/width/350/height/700[/URL]

Apollotrader

Reaction score
Pretty good day for a part timer....

Fits perfect, keeping.

And a little unexpected surprise, available, looking for interesting trades.

Get at me with some shooting gear or something..

hucklecat

Reaction score
Any thrifters from Atlanta? I was at a buckhead (Atl area) GW yesterday and I swear I think saw an SF person in there going through shirts. Real sharp dressed guy with headphones on just flipping carefully through shirts...had a certain "vibe" that screamed he was on the hunt. Figured it was someone on here.

If it was someone on here, sorry I had was 10 minutes earlier going through your section. Picked up 2 Zegnas, 3 Tommy Bahama silk Hawaiis for summer, a NWT Timberland flannel, etc.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Mister Freedom is known for doing repros and Sugar Cane denim is amazing. It's all about the details

RLY?
Am I missing something or do those have an "Eatin' Jeans" waistband? WTF with you denim heads; I thought Mom jeans were a bad thing?

+1....I don't get the whole SW/D thing.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dudes.

Part brag, part :spam:

I kopped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281045745408?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281045739160?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The shirts are quite good quality -- well constructed, slim fit, lots of bells and whistles. Pit is like 23.5 and arms are a solid 34. A bit more collar/cuff fray than was disclosed, but still very wearable. The real issue is that the measurements posted were the tagged measurements (even though I asked seller to confirm them). So the striped one closes but is snug, and the gingham doesn't close at all. As such, I'm going to make the gingham available for trade (or cash I guess; you know what I paid), and I guess even the striped one if it really blows your skirt up (thanks 330ck, for that gem of an expression). My sizes are below.

jlewis

Reaction score
Did alright today.

Zegna SC, size 40, available
Older Armani Collezioni SC, size 39, available unless it fits my grandpa
NWOT Zegna Polo, size XL, going to ebay
Lacoste Polo, size 7, going to ebay
Brooks Brothers polo, size L, going to ebay
Robert Talbott shirt, size L, available
PRL shirt, size 15.5, keeping
2x probably-not-the-Gant-I'm-looking-for-but-the-patterns-were-really-nice, size M, keeping.
100% cashmere RLPL tie, going to ebay because it's 4.5" wide

Had to pass on a recent Zegna shirt with beautiful thick MOP buttons because of a bad looking stain on the right sleeve.

Pics coming soon enough.

Xenos

Reaction score

Some really amazing finds around here (and not so amazing, but whatever) I've been drooling a lot. Almost sent a few PM's, but I somehow didn't.
The past week has been pretty good to me, I'll be posting a bunch of it soon. A quick question though, is this the Dior that I'm looking for?

Not the Dior you're looking for but not necessarily fake either. Check the tags. Manufactured in Argentina? Dior has licensed the brand in South America. Those clothes have the silver "Dior" label but "CD" on the lining. Quality is decent but this is not the "true" Dior of current vintage or the Hedi Slimane era.

Xenos

Reaction score

Some really amazing finds around here (and not so amazing, but whatever) I've been drooling a lot. Almost sent a few PM's, but I somehow didn't.
The past week has been pretty good to me, I'll be posting a bunch of it soon. A quick question though, is this the Dior that I'm looking for?

Not the Dior you're looking for but not necessarily fake either. Check the tags. Manufactured in Argentina? Dior has licensed the brand in South America. Those clothes have the silver "Dior" label but "CD" on the lining. Quality is decent but this is not the "true" Dior of current vintage or the Hedi Slimane era.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Those jeans do look kinda wack, just the label Appreciation I guess.

On a related note... I thought Prada always had a black content label with silver writing overtop the white content label. Someone want to school me?

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thrifters from Atlanta? I was at a buckhead (Atl area) GW yesterday and I swear I think saw an SF person in there going through shirts. Real sharp dressed guy with headphones on just flipping carefully through shirts...had a certain "vibe" that screamed he was on the hunt. Figured it was someone on here.

If it was someone on here, sorry I had was 10 minutes earlier going through your section. Picked up 2 Zegnas, 3 Tommy Bahama silk Hawaiis for summer, a NWT Timberland flannel, etc.

I never go to that Goodwill anymore. Actually, that's a lie. I do, but I never find anything anymore. (Oh, and that wasn't me; I look like a slob usually.)

The one reason I miss my job in the suburbs is the thrifting. Lunchtime thrifting in Roswell was way better than what I've run into in town in the past month.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see you rock that all corner looking sad faced.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

lol8[1].gif

Faq it! Do it! YOLO!

Stuff from today. Passed on 2 pairs of Sulka pants made by Saint Andrews that were a bit trashed, also passed on about 6-8 polo made in Italy pants, size 38. If any of my fellow CT thrifts want to know where they are, hit me with a pm.
Helmut Lang jeans tagged 36(not sure if they were worth picking up, but they were cheap)

Also this isn't what I'm looking for right?

Sorry, bud. That's the diffusion line. SCs and suits are fused to *****. But it might still flip if you get it at a good price.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They also have a nice additional discount...butttt it doesn't work on shoes.

Extra 30% off:
Enter the Promotion Code GIVING and PIN 1715. (free shipping $75+)

Thinking about coping on the navy winter ribbed blazer...Somebody, convince me not to!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads