• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't spend $200 on shoes if you can't afford it.
I can but I shouldn't
decisions.gif

also am getting rid of my shoes sizes 11.5 to 12 I have some doc martens and some loafers but not really anything I think you guys would be into (I send a lot of them to tben
fistbump.gif
)

They also have a nice additional discount...butttt it doesn't work on shoes.

Extra 30% off:
Enter the Promotion Code GIVING and PIN skdsdfhjs
dude you might want to delete that pin number they email a different one to each customer someone on here could use yours, if the 30% worked on shoes I would have instacopped

Thinking about coping on the navy winter ribbed blazer...Somebody, convince me not to!!!!!!!!!!
faq it dude yolo!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can but I shouldn't
decisions.gif

also am getting rid of my shoes sizes 11.5 to 12 I have some doc martens and some loafers but not really anything I think you guys would be into (I send a lot of them to tben
fistbump.gif
)

dude you might want to delete that pin number they email a different one to each customer someone on here could use yours, if the 30% worked on shoes I would have instacopped

faq it dude yolo!

YOLO = poor man's carpe diem.
cheers.gif
I think ima do it, yo!

Coping on some SC while listening to Vampire Killer! It doesn't get better than this!

Last edited:

csoukoulis

Reaction score
props to my boy eazy e. he hooked me up on the gian luca he found. fits good, killer price and even threw in an unexpected surprise. i feel like i can just thrift in this thread and not even have to waste the gas driving from shop to shop! I missed you guys for the few months i was away!

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yossi

Reaction score
Hey, I don't care about hockey! Can I still tell you about the **** I found?

I can't figure out whether DM7 is in LA or New England or, god help us, both. Either way, someone left a few things in LA for us smalltimers. Nothing earth-shattering; everything available unless otherwise noted. And a blanket apology for the crappy pix.

Buncha ties:

Polo, Brooks wool (keeping), Polo, Giorgio Armani, Zegna

Matching Robert Talbott 7-folds, recent

An Arnys and a Brioni with whaever you call the thing on the tail end of the tie that buttons to your shirt.

Black 1" Cortina Trafalgar belt, marked 40:

Super lightweight cotton/viscose navy Prada trousers, marked 52 with a shortish inseam:

Dooney & Bourke braces:

Shooz:

Bally loafers, EU 8.5:

Ferragamo Oxfords in great shape, marked 9 but measure like a 9.5:

Johnston & Murphy loafers in 9.5D - 99% sure these are shell cordovan:

And finally, stuff I probably should have passed on but didn't:

Old-label LL Bean wool ... let's call it a shacket? Tagged medium, fits me like a 40R

Steeple Gate - would you call these spectators? No idea on the brand, but made in Italy and possibly some kind of exotic leather and kind of awesome. Snakeskin, I take it? I'm extran00bish on this stuff. 9.5. Checkout lady described them as "super-cute."

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I was looking up where I could find ae katmai's cheaper and wound up on the thrifting store discount thread of the body building forum they are us, but more ripped **** was trippy on the page I was on they were working on setting up a trading system and were talking about broke and bespokes blog it is wierd

sn0wman

Reaction score
Steeple Gate - would you call these spectators? No idea on the brand, but made in Italy and possibly some kind of exotic leather and kind of awesome. Snakeskin, I take it? I'm extran00bish on this stuff. 9.5. Checkout lady described them as "super-cute."

I'd call them full brogue spectators -- certainly unusual two-tone in the brown. Used to white instead of light brown. Good snag!
- sn0wman

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I don't care about hockey! Can I still tell you about the **** I found?

I'm convinced nobody actually cares about hockey, it just gives them something to talk about since their football teams suck.

An Arnys and a Brioni with whaever you call the thing on the tail end of the tie that buttons to your shirt.

Arny's is very cool! They're out of biz now, so collectors will be scooping them up.

And finally, stuff I probably should have passed on but didn't:
Old-label LL Bean wool ... let's call it a shacket? Tagged medium, fits me like a 40R

Don't think I've seen anything that old from LL Bean. Pretty cool. Those shoes, though...

CesarC

Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gents, if you are looking for a beater blazer that has a modern fit, check this bad boy out!

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-boiled-wool-blazer~245807_-1.html

Thinking about coping one. If you are a stickler on fit, like me, call up their customer service and ask for measurements. It turns out I normally fit a 40 but I have to size up to a 42.

Cheers!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dustinmyself

Reaction score
^^^ yup!

I think PTO posted something about it a while back.

(Or they posted something else on a super sale there and I got to browsing)

They have some good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads