• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

csoukoulis

Reaction score

Most exciting find of the day though was this - NWT RRL jacket from Spring/Summer1996!!!. Only downside is a pen mark on the sleeve otherwise awesome jacket with an interesting design.

I have used hairspray to remove ink before....

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Aight, here are my finds for ....

YESTERDAY...
Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme Trousers in a Rare Size 6 from AW06

Cool little pocket and curved seams running down the legs..

Big pockets on the back....

Label Appreciation...

Filippa K Virgin Wool Sport Coat...

Slim Lapels...1-Button Front

Unvented Back with Seams Galore...

Label Appreciation...

Cool finds. I'd be all over those Yohji trousers if they were a size 2 or 3...

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of old Brooks: I saw this shirt on Monday and immediately knew it was old...would love some help dating it, if anyone knows. Do we have a TyphyoidJones signal?

Anyhow, any help dating this would be great. Unlined collar, tag is definitely different, and it has a higher cut side shirt "tails" (or whatever they're called) than I've seen on other Brooks.

These ties were also there and I'm pretty sure they were from the same guy. They have the black caps script BB text, which I'm pretty sure is older. They're also skinnier and with thinner lining than newer ties...they're probably from near the same era as the shirt since I'm almost positive they're from the same guy. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

staxringold

Reaction score
Pair of dark brown flat-front J. Press. No size tag (was so hopeful they might fit), by my measurements they are 34x28 (cuffed though, so can be let out). Available.

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of old Brooks: I saw this shirt on Monday and immediately knew it was old...would love some help dating it, if anyone knows. Do we have a [COLOR=FF0000]TyphyoidJones[/COLOR] signal? Anyhow, any help dating this would be great. Unlined collar, tag is definitely different, and it has a higher cut side shirt "tails" (or whatever they're called) than I've seen on other Brooks.
These ties were also there and I'm pretty sure they were from the same guy. They have the black caps script BB text, which I'm pretty sure is older. They're also skinnier and with thinner lining than newer ties...they're probably from near the same era as the shirt since I'm almost positive they're from the same guy. Any help is appreciated.
Early to mid 1970s, I believe. I picked up 10 with an identical label, and the styling seems the same, in the original packaging earlier this year (humblebrag).

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the info! Is that the ties too, or just the shirt?

Early to mid 1970s, I believe. I picked up 10 with an identical label, and the styling seems the same, in the original packaging earlier this year (humblebrag).

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Awesome, thanks for the info!  Is that the ties too, or just the shirt?

I can only speak for the shirts, and even then I would wait for confirmation from ThyphoidJones. I'm interested in a date on the ties as well - I've picked up half a dozen over the last few months with similar measurements and the same label.

tubs

Reaction score
All available.

Zegna Linen/Cotton Herringbone, Tagged 54L (Euro)
Working buttons, made in Spain, dual vented, needs new buttons in the front, a couple very small snags that the herringbone hides.

Chest: 23
Waist: 21
Sleeves: 26.75
Shoulders: 18.5
Length: 32.5

Brooks Brothers: Tagged 42L

Chest: 22
Waist: 21.25
Shoulders: 19.25
Sleeves: 25.5
Length: 33

I'm going to return the next one unless someone here wants it:
Nordstrom Made in China Loro Piana 100% Cashmere. 43R One sleeve is shorter than the other and the opposite shoulder has additional padding. Dual vented

Chest: 23.25
Waist: 21.75
Left Sleeve: 23.5
Right Sleeve: 24
Shoulders: 19
Length: 31.5

Mountain Hardware Windstopper Fleece, XL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics