• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw 5 ugly Christmas sweaters I saw sitting on a rack. Made my way out and 3 people offered me 50 on the spot. Instant profit lol. Kept 2. What you guys think.

That is ******* awesome! Anyone flipping ugly Xmas sweaters on the bay?

...a lot of peer pressure here, wow!
ps. I haven't opened mine yet, what was the set date again!?

Errr...10 more days?

Dolfan954

Reaction score
That is ******* awesome! Anyone flipping ugly Xmas sweaters on the bay?
I am up to about 7 or 8 because I am giving them to my GF's whole family for their Christmas presents. I actually started looking on eBay and the prices were pretty darn high for a gag gift!

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shout out to everyone on these awesome trades (well except the jacket but that came in the mail today as well) barrel hooked up a limited edition #'d levis denim popover that is cool as hell and a sweet prl made in italy totally unstructured navy linen blazer with perfect measurements (even the sleeves! although the waist will need nipping) a cool french cuff shirt that is a little small but whatevers. shout out to j kidd on a perfect trade for a blackwatch shirt and some cord like khaki's

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shout out to everyone on these awesome trades (well except the jacket but that came in the mail today as well) barrel hooked up a limited edition #'d levis denim popover that is cool as hell and a sweet prl made in italy totally unstructured navy linen blazer with perfect measurements (even the sleeves! although the waist will need nipping) a cool french cuff shirt that is a little small but whatevers. shout out to j kidd on a perfect trade for a blackwatch shirt and some cord like khaki's

I'm glad you like the stuff. Now get me that selvedge denim!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

bytor13

Reaction score
I think I finally have some finds worthy of the "Thrift Awards"!
rotflmao.gif

AVAILABLE

My first skeet blanket in a while. Probably not hideous enough.

NOT AVAILABLE

And this came today! Are we opening these yet?

westling

Reaction score
Went by a couple stores this evening and picked up a nice dark blue Pendleton tweed sports coat. Oh, and also picked up an Avirex B-3 bomber jacket, 44R, dated 1986. To paraphrase Robert Diniro as Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver: "The Avirex B-3 is a monster". I'm going to be pissed as hell if we have a mild winter. There's a fair chance it'll end up on eBay eventually but I gotta wear it for at least one full day.

Here's some stuff I found but left. If anyone has any interest, PM me and I'll proxy if the items are still there tomorrow.

Burberry London sports coat, model "Kensington", 48R

Orphaned 3B houndstooth 42L jacket, Loro Piana super 110. Damage to one sleeve lining. No other labels but the tag says "Model: Garrick".

Pal Zileri, 3B 46R. Didn't care for the fabric (wife hated it too) and the lining was a two-tone iridescent tonic that gave me bad memories of the 80s. YMMV.

Hickey Freeman camelhair, 44L.

Pea Coat with gold USMC buttons, tagged 40S.

Can't guarantee they'll be there tomorrow but happy to look, send more info, and proxy.

hucklecat

Reaction score
My thrift find of the day. Harbor Master by Jonathan Logan. Super flannel zip liner when removed exposes a bright red inner lining. Mint!

Love the label "Loomed for the 70's"

Also got a nice Harris Tweed and a Hickey Freeman Tweed (from Mt. Airy, NC // Mayberry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads