• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep, Tom Ford has been had.
I would say your excellent stuff is considered grail status to most lol. I've found Kiton, Hermes, Greens and Row, but never Dior, Lanvin.

LOL, there has to be a grail section that splits the atom so to speak.

Here is a new section, title, super Grail or aptly named Spoo section.

Super Grail - Chanel menswear with some insane amount of attention to detail, Hermes leathers minks or outrageous baller suits with 14-18kt gold buttons and zippers, Kiton K 50 suits with all the trims or 100% vicuna, Zilli crazy ass jackets lined with Hermes cashmere / silk scarves, ............

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just thrifted myself a cracked radiator on the way home from my uncles funeral. Now I'm stranded in Baltimore 1.25 hours from home.

On the bright side. I thrifted 2 oxxford suits, a Burberry London sc and a j press sc just before this happened.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just thrifted myself a cracked radiator on the way home from my uncles funeral. Now I'm stranded in Baltimore 1.25 hours from home.
On the bright side. I thrifted 2 oxxford suits, a Burberry London sc and a j press sc just before this happened.

Mayor Carcetti should be able to organize you a ride home, good dude

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Super Grail - Chanel menswear with some insane amount of attention to detail, Hermes leathers minks or outrageous baller suits with 14-18kt gold buttons and zippers, Kiton K 50 suits with all the trims or 100% vicuna, Zilli crazy ass jackets lined with Hermes cashmere / silk scarves, ............

Chanel menswear is the worst possible designed things anywhere. But, its rarer than a unicorns nutsack.

Youre not having the best week man. I am sorry.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy **** you guys your hauls have been of the charts +1 about synergy on this thread though it is unreal hopefully all of us start pulling brunello and good balmain now
here are my meager finds for a quick stop in one store with my girlfriend
first up are passes, is ted baker worth a pick up this tie was sor of whimsical

this label is a pass right?

couple of navy cashmers around a 40-44 but didn't recognize brand so passed should I go back?

probably the only thing I picked up that is cool at all, a lubiam cashmere sportcoat with pick stitching up the wazzoo EU 48 R available

I would pick up the Ted ties. I recently sold a few for around $20 or so. Armani is a pass but if it fits, cop. Does the lining say Bentley?

Bro, measurements on the Lubiam, please. Let's talk if it fits.

how do you report a troll to the police
ffffuuuu.gif

Dial 911 on your mobile.

I went to my wife's goddaughter's baptism today, so a quick fit pic. I was rushing out the door and it's similar to previous posts, but I got to try out one of my Borsalinos.

I totally misread that as "goddamn baptism"! LOL

Chaps, Oscar De La Renta, list could go on.
Realistically:
Grail - Kiton, Hermes, Attolini, .Rubinacci, Tom Ford, Stefano Ricci, Lobbs, Edward Green, Saville Row bespoke stuff of recent vintage .......
Excellent - High end fashion brands of recent vintage (Dior, Bottega Venetia, Lanvin being 3 standouts). Zegna Couture, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Borrelli, Brunello Cucinelli and a few others....
Good - Most familiar fashion brands, Brioni, Zegna Mainline, Ralph Lauren Black Label, Luciano Barbera, Isaia etc.....
Average - Oxxford (recent only), RRL, Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece, Ralph Lauren Polo made in Italy, Canali, Skeet Blankets etc...............
Barely Pickable - Brooks Brothers 1818, Paul Stuart, Hickey Freeman, Hugo Boss (suits or jackets) etc..............
If a fellow picks for himself, then everything is fair game since it is a personal thing. For flipping or trades, I would only pick Good to Grail.

Wait, what? Brioni, LB, and Isaia is only good and Dior, Lanvin, RLPL, are more quality than the former? I'm thinking you were referring suits, SCs for flipping?

Awwww, I'm sorry to hear that, Wes...
cry.gif

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Realistically:

This is a dangerous list. Helpful, but that's precisely why dangerous. OTO, it has the potential to foster some really great, thread-appropriate discussion, a la that quality list thread that I can never find when I need it. (For example: Not sure I agree with your placement of Stuart, esp by Samuelsohn) Not sure that's worth the risk, though.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Inside the pocket was a Rolex GMT wut?

W. U. T. ??

(Yes, I know double post, but worthy.)

R U SRS, or trolling the previous "ethics of stuff found in thrifted finds) discussion?

Last edited:

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Zilli is going downhill. It may not be as valuable as some other super grail items, but I'd really like to find some Caraceni or Campagnia bespoke items. Some of my favorite thrifted pieces have been Leonard Logsdail bespoke, NY bespoke which I am thoroughly convinced is far ahead of Savile row.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, what? Brioni, LB, and Isaia is only good and Dior, Lanvin, RLPL, are more quality than the former? I'm thinking you were referring suits, SCs for flipping?

LOL, I find Brioni suits quite often. I have picked around 4 suits the last 3 months, and the 6 months before that I picked 3 suits and left around 5. Brioni is not such a rare find in context. I am sure Brioni has good eBay value, but take a 2003 Brioni suit and place up against a Dior Homme suit from the same period, the smart money says Dior wins hands down in amount of PM's I would get if I listed them. Quality wise, Brioni way better than Dior, but Dior is pretty rare. I have only found 2 Dior suits in last 2 years of thrifting and both were pretty trashed and I could not take em.

Chanel menswear is the worst possible designed things anywhere. But, its rarer than a unicorns nutsack.

Aye, Chanel are vulgar in context of menswear. The thing that jumped to mind was a suit in a consignment in LA that was embroidered with what seemed to be crystal buttons. That suit was ugly as **** but the amount of handwork and detailing was scary. Price wise the consignment wanted a pretty penny - I could have bought 3 Kiton suits from that store for the price of that one Chanel piece.

This is a dangerous list. Helpful, but that's precisely why dangerous. OTO, it has the potential to foster some really great, thread-appropriate discussion, a la that quality list thread that I can never find when I need it. (For example: Not sure I agree with your placement of Stuart, esp by Samuelsohn) Not sure that's worth the risk, though.

Harumphhh, numerous Paul Stuart suits I picked up before and not a dang soul wanted (admittingly I picked suits that were probably 1980's). Quality wise Paul Stuart is pretty damn good and I certainly enjoy the label. Problem with Paul Stuart is that 99% of suits donated are too dated stylistically. Getting the good Samuelsohn or Isaia made suits of recent vintage is about as rare as finding a half decent Kiton suit. This is just my west coast experience though, east coast may be different how many of the nice suits turn up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads