• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could make a good band name. Dapperbastard and the Goodwill Rejects.

LOL

Dapperbastard and the Dishonorably Discharged Salvation Army.

HAHAHAA!

I see this too. I wonder if it's someone who's taking their "charity" to an extreme: if someone in need is buying a shirt at GW it shouldn't really matter who made it because it's the need that's being met by the garment (and not the maker).
On a similar note, I got reamed out by one of my wife's friends for flipping because I was depriving people of the opportunity to own what I was taking. She seemed to think that only needy people should shop there and that I was gaming/abusing the system. I did point out that, for something like jackets, I was only buying something like 1 in 500 jackets that I handled and that there were plenty of jackets still to go around.

I would tell her to get off of her high horse and jump off a bridge.

Also Fallout 4: New Vegas with FOUR EXPANSION QUEST THINGIES!
Goodbye, the next 100 hours...

Wow! You got that at a thrift store? I'm waiting for an used copy Resident Evil 6 (PS3) at Gamestop. Buy it used, play it for a week, and return in for a full refund.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Had a great day of thrifting .....HERMES-TIE-Faconnee-H-in-Red-Silk-Necktie

Mega rare, mega awesome.

found these shoes...anybody know the material? I'm assuming lizardskin or alligator maybe?

Yup, lizard skin. Real and totally flippable.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anth

Reaction score

I was just looking at that. I can't believe it was listed on PTO and nobody has bid on it yet. If it was a 40 I would be all over it.
baldy[1].gif

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at that. I can't believe it was listed on PTO and nobody has bid on it yet. If it was a 40 I would be all over it.
baldy%5B1%5D.gif
I was gonna bid on it if I didn't win this one. Not gonna complain about Chester Barrie for Harrod's though.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Can't wait to see those Sutors. Why might they go back?
Copy pasting my earlier post of this

They cleaned up pretty well, save for a small cut near one of the toes.

The rest of the sole is pretty solid, damn toe taps would have kept this from happening...

Think these are useable/serviceable?

Last edited:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
Copy pasting my earlier post of this

They cleaned up pretty well, save for a small cut near one of the toes.

The rest of the sole is pretty solid, damn toe taps would have kept this from happening...

Think these are useable/serviceable?
i'd wear them if they were 11.5:D

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was gonna bid on it if I didn't win this one. Not gonna complain about Chester Barrie for Harrod's though. 

I thought u didn't care for camel color coats with the color completion of ur skin? Although its hard to know exact color until u see it in person

goneAWOL

Reaction score
A few of my finds from the last couple weeks. All are already up for ebay. Also, I've been looking hard for some quality, nice condition black and brown cap toe shoes in size 10.5-11 (C or D). If anyone has something that fits the bill, send me a pm. I'm willing to pay a good price if its what I'm looking for.

How old are these Brioni's? They seem authentic, but the labels are different from what I've seen.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought u didn't care for camel color coats with the color completion of ur skin? Although its hard to know exact color until u see it in person

I'm hoping / thinking it's less true for overcoats. My camel sportcoat definitely didn't work though.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few of my finds from the last couple weeks. All are already up for ebay. Also, I've been looking hard for some quality, nice condition black and brown cap toe shoes in size 10.5-11 (C or D). If anyone has something that fits the bill, send me a pm. I'm willing to pay a good price if its what I'm looking for.

How old are these Brioni's? They seem authentic, but the labels are different from what I've seen.

Those are amazing! Especially that Kiton!
drool.gif

If anyone finds anything like the Coppley or Kiton in design at around 23" pit to pit please PM me ASAP.

Oh, and I found them on eBay and they're too big, so you can ignore my PM
lol8[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow! Those are some awesome finds! I hope you make big $!

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Another 1st for me
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Jil Sander Brown Dress Shirt

Tagged Size 44
Chest (pit to pit) 24.25"
Shoulder (seam to seam) 19.75"
Arm (shoulder seam to cuff) 24.50"
Neck (width flat across) 16.75"
Nice MOP Buttons
Reinforced Gussets
Pleated Shoulders
Hidden Button Down Collar

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another 1st for me
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Jil Sander Brown Dress Shirt

Tagged Size 44
Chest (pit to pit) 24.25"
Shoulder (seam to seam) 19.75"
Arm (shoulder seam to cuff) 24.50"
Neck (width flat across) 16.75"
Nice MOP Buttons
Reinforced Gussets
Pleated Shoulders
Hidden Button Down Collar

Wow! So simple yet elegant. What a great find!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads