• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
On the topic of Ferragamos, I have a NOS up on the 'bay. Didn't sell last week. If you happen to be an interested Ferragamo-lover, feel free to PM an offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11092189570...LX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1204

IMO, these kinds of post should REALLY be kept to PM if they are directed to a single person. Post your stuff to brag about here but don't put asking prices or links to ebay or B&S.
nest.gif

Last edited:

GHo

Reaction score

Thrift fit, going out to brunch edition:
The sickest straw boater, made in Florence Italy, courtesy of Pnutpug, thanks buddy!
DKNY chronograph, ebay
VTG Grand-slam by Munsingwear polo, ebayed years ago
VTG tortoise shell Rayban Wayfarers, with glass lenses, thrifted by me for $1.50
Glen plaid shorts which actually used to be pants, Geoff Rowely by Volcom, not thrifted
Argyle socks, target
VTG Florsheim Imperial saddle's, found while thrifting with GMmcl.

dude you gotta do some leg exercises,i have seen bigger legs hanging out of a nest.
mid century chair in the back is nice though.
sorry man but that whole outfit is a no go for me,mind you in 38 so i just dont get the whole hipster thing

Socks with shorts is pretty much a no go for me. 

Yeah Eazy you clearly did it for a reason, but the whole thing kind of looks a bit old man-ish. Get thee some chinos or cords.

agreed on all these points. that outfit looks "touristy". All you need is the fanny pack. :embar:

GHo

Reaction score

Here's a couple of finds from my latest trip:

Fits me perfectly in the waist but a tad too short in the legs, so available.

I've been looking for a pair of seersucker pants for an upcoming wedding. Question for the group - is it ok to cuff a pair of seersuckers? I would assume so, but haven't been seeing any in my search. Will likely wear them with navy sportcoat and brown dress shoes (AE Kenilworths probably). So, cuffs/seersuckers? yea/nea?

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a pair of seersucker pants for an upcoming wedding. Question for the group - is it ok to cuff a pair of seersuckers? I would assume so, but haven't been seeing any in my search. Will likely wear them with navy sportcoat and brown dress shoes (AE Kenilworths probably). So, cuffs/seersuckers? yea/nea?

I have a pair of PRL seersucker pants and they came cuffed. I'd say yea.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agreed on all these points. that outfit looks "touristy". All you need is the fanny pack.
shog[1].gif

I think that would be the case if he was an old man, since he's not I think it works.

Found my first pair of decent sunglasses:

Tortoiseshell Persols, made in Italy:

Plus a pair of Spys if there are any bros out there (Available):

And these AE Tribecas in pretty decent condition (11.5 - Available)

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some stuff I picked up the last two days.I made a total noob mistake though because I was in a hurry. Both BB blazers have damage to the liners, which I didn't realize until I got home. The herringbone is salvagable but the black one I'm going to harvest the buttons on. Wah wahhhhh. :violin:
BB golden fleece custom made. Working 2 button cuffs, single vent, 2 button with a cool liner. Light wear to the liner around the collar.

Super old BB golden fleece, going to be used for button harvest.

Awesome crushed velvet smoking jacket, size 46, by State of Maine, made in the USA. This thing is bause!

My wife found this French Connection made in the USA sleeve-less dress thing. I thought all their stuff was Chinese made, go figure.

And my favorite find, Prince Evolution, Prince 1999, John Lennon Live in NYC, Billy Ocean Tear Down These Walls, Grateful Dead double LP

goneAWOL

Reaction score
Authenticity check. Anyone know?

And nice find with those Persol 2720's CottonDockers. I bought those off ebay in the spring and absolutely love them. Those look like they are in better condition then mine too!

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Eazy, those prince records are awesome!

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tortoiseshell Persols, made in Italy:

I have these and they're fantastic. Amazing find!
Some stuff I picked up the last two days.I made a total noob mistake though because I was in a hurry. Both BB blazers have damage to the liners, which I didn't realize until I got

Re-attaching a sleeve lining is really not that expensive.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some notable things from the weekend. All unavailable.

My first find of pocket squares.

T&A shirt with a label that I haven't seen before, hopefully not fake?

Sample only Dockers...left has a really cool pattern and the ones on the right are Alpha khakis.

Some BB ties

Didn't pick this up Henry Poole bespoke because they wanted a lot for it. Seems like a 42R and I can proxy for someone if they want.

Stissius

Reaction score
Picked up a couple things today.

Nothing special, just some LL Beans. It's nice to find stuff for myself for once, though.

Then I found this Lacoste Golf Polo sz 5. Everything looks legit to me (MoP, made in france, croc looks good) but this is the first Lacoste thing I've picked up. The croc was on the sleeve, I assumed because it was Lacoste Golf. Can anyone confirm it's real?

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
Then I found this Lacoste Golf Polo sz 5. Everything looks legit to me (MoP, made in france, croc looks good) but this is the first Lacoste thing I've picked up. The croc was on the sleeve, I assumed because it was Lacoste Golf. Can anyone confirm it's real?

Not sure if this applies to lacoste golf, but look for another tag on the inside of the shirt about where your hip would be. Does the tag say "DEVANLAY"?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have these and they're fantastic. Amazing find!

Re-attaching a sleeve lining is really not that expensive. 

Yea, but the sleeves at the cuffs are shreaded too, too much work, me thinks. On a similer note, has anybody put gold buttons on a glan plaid sport coat before? I've got two BB jackets, one's tan and one's glen plaid. I'm thinking the glen plaid could look cool with those sheep buttons. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads