• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hey guys just wanted to pass on a really cool blog i follow.
i wish they updated it more often but i get a lot of information and inspiration from it for my bikes/cars/house as well as wardrobe.

http://convoy.tumblr.com/

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Seriously. I'm floored that someone would wear that shirt too... much less pay $1500 for a used shirt like that

I think it must be a game that rich people play. They compete to see who can spend the most money on the most awful item in a display of wanton consumption so that can bask in superiority and laugh at those who cannot afford such items.

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i can confirm that this is not true
I think it must be a game that rich people play. They compete to see who can spend the most money on the most awful item in a display of wanton consumption so that can bask in superiority and laugh at those who cannot afford such items.

Last edited:

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just as a heads up to anybody who's doing a deal with me right now / whatever, I'm going to be out of town for the next week and won't be able to log on to SF if you need to contact me the best way is to send me an email through ebay, it'll come to the ebay app on my phone. Thanks

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Met up with Workthatwedo to hand off some stuff this evening. He checked out the SA I usually hit, so I hit the Savers that he skimmed. He picked wrong 
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

All of this is available

Paul Stuart DB peak lapel navy blazer with bronze buttons

GORGEOUS Pal Zileri Gruppo Forall w/ Loro Piana Super 120's suit. It's lighter blue than navy and a very light summer-weight fabric. The jacket fits me wonderfully, but the pants are too slim and can't be let out enough. 
baldy%5B1%5D.gif
 I'm debating just keeping the jacket and swapping the buttons for light horn or MOP.

Rough estimates: 

18.5" shoulders
22" pit to pit
24" sleeve (with about 1.5" to let out)
33" pants waist
29" inseam w/ 1.5" cuff

There were a bunch of other Pal Zileri Gruppo Forall suits... I left 2 that I didn't like the fabric and seemed kind of dated. I brought this one home in an olive color. I also found an exact copy of this in a blue / black fabric, but couldn't find the pants. Unfortunately I found this bit of damage by the pocket as I was taking pictures... Fortunately the tags are still on so I can return it unless someone here wants it for cost + shipping.

First one of these I've found

Marked a 16/41 with a C next to it... Seems kind of short, is that what the "C" means?

Also these cool Brooks Brothers Irish Linen navy pants... Marked a 35x30, really 34 waist with 2" to be let out. I just got some navy linen pants from jkidd, so I don't NEED these... I could have them let out, but if someone wants these let me know

be careful selling that PS jacket, the sleeves are different lengths according to the tag

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is totally off topic but I had a laundry crisis tonight. I left a pen in my pants pocket and the ink stained 2 of my best fitting white dress shirt with stripes. Anyone know how to get ink out of fabric without damaging the dye?

I've been thinking about using Carbona Stain Devil or Biz Stain Fighter. Anyone has experiences using those? Anyone got any ideas?

The ink stain is pretty bad...

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

goneAWOL

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is totally off topic but I had a laundry crisis tonight. I left a pen in my pants pocket and the ink stained 2 of my best fitting white dress shirt with stripes. Anyone know how to get ink out of fabric without damaging the dye?

I've been thinking about using Carbona Stain Devil or Biz Stain Fighter. Anyone has experiences using those? Anyone got any ideas?

The ink stain is pretty bad...

http://www.styleforum.net/t/4084/stain-removal-guide

workthatwedo

Reaction score
Good job. I also failed at finding some golf clubs to use. But, I still feel good about the trip because I now have a staple navy HF suit thanks to grendel.
Met up with Workthatwedo to hand off some stuff this evening. He checked out the SA I usually hit, so I hit the Savers that he skimmed. He picked wrong
lol8[1].gif

GORGEOUS Pal Zileri Gruppo Forall w/ Loro Piana Super 120's suit. It's lighter blue than navy and a very light summer-weight fabric. The jacket fits me wonderfully, but the pants are too slim and can't be let out enough.
baldy[1].gif
I'm debating just keeping the jacket and swapping the buttons for light horn or MOP.

Rough estimates:

18.5" shoulders
22" pit to pit
24" sleeve (with about 1.5" to let out)
33" pants waist
29" inseam w/ 1.5" cuff

There were a bunch of other Pal Zileri Gruppo Forall suits... I left 2 that I didn't like the fabric and seemed kind of dated. I brought this one home in an olive color. I also found an exact copy of this in a blue / black fabric, but couldn't find the pants. Unfortunately I found this bit of damage by the pocket as I was taking pictures... Fortunately the tags are still on so I can return it unless someone here wants it for cost + shipping.

First one of these I've found

Marked a 16/41 with a C next to it... Seems kind of short, is that what the "C" means?

Also these cool Brooks Brothers Irish Linen navy pants... Marked a 35x30, really 34 waist with 2" to be let out. I just got some navy linen pants from jkidd, so I don't NEED these... I could have them let out, but if someone wants these let me know

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics