• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedric

Reaction score
E Townley 10.5 D
In great condition, needs some TLC. They're available.

And a Pal Zileri Flax shirt. Damn near brand new sz 15.5 /39

46n2

Reaction score
Found this 100% Linen Zegna windowcheck. Sweeeeet !--Labeled 52 R EU 42 R US (right?) -not my size so it be available.
smile.gif

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
clockwise from top left, bullock and jones made in italy (looks like etro? is that right) paul smith, j.press, mercer and sons

RLPL from eBay

but
ffffuuuu.gif
- think this could be cleaned by "the method"?

Willis & Geiger is apparently worth money?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Prada Milano and Prada Made in Italy are two different lines. Just like Versace Classic, Versace Jeans Couture, Versace Sport, etc... Another example is Armani - Collezioni, Giorgio Armani, Armani Exchange, etc...

I have seen shoes that say Prada Made in Italy (on 2 lines, just like on the shoes you bought) and I've also seen Prada Milano.  The best way I have found to tell apart fake and genuine is to observe knit patters, feel the material, bend the shoe to see if it makes any weird sounds, lightly bang the heal against cement to see how sturdy the heal is, etc... It's usually the little things that give it away.

Dude, sorry this is totally wrong. Prada mainline has had several incarnations of logos over the years, and shoes are different anyhow. I think (hope) what you meant to say was that Prada SPORT and Prada mainline are two different things - technically "diffusion" lines. OP's shoes are from the main line and are real, probably from about 4-5 years ago.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be wary of "ectopicbrain" on ebay. Guy leaves me positive feedback, waits 10 days to email me and want to return a jacket because he claims the interior tag is marked size 40 (wtf?). Measured 19" shoulder to shoulder, 22" pit to pit, 26" sleeve, 31" BOC to hem, so I listed as 42. Unbelievable, then emails me and admits he totally disregards seller's measurements. Worst. Buyer. Ever

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
He left positive feedback. Sounds like a good buyer :happy: Just block him.

But if it measures like a 42, and he is a 42, and he bought it thinking it was a 42... why the hell does he care what the tag says?

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Passed up a "made by hand" PRL suit that was super nice, jetted pockets, windowpain, unvented!!!!! :fu:

DeadBoy

Reaction score
So... I passed on these today, assuming they're fake. But I would be totally happy to be proven wrong.

Beck

Reaction score
Dude, sorry this is totally wrong. Prada mainline has had several incarnations of logos over the years, and shoes are different anyhow. I think (hope) what you meant to say was that Prada SPORT and Prada mainline are two different things - technically "diffusion" lines. OP's shoes are from the main line and are real, probably from about 4-5 years ago.+
+1. I was itching about what Milano and just Prada made in Italy had in common/differed. So is Milano the diffused line then? I see it sometimes and am not sure if it's super crazy or just meh.
Like seeing Armani Collezioni to Giorgio Armani Black Label..
Be wary of "ectopicbrain" on ebay. Guy leaves me positive feedback, waits 10 days to email me and want to return a jacket because he claims the interior tag is marked size 40 (wtf?). Measured 19" shoulder to shoulder, 22" pit to pit, 26" sleeve, 31" BOC to hem, so I listed as 42. Unbelievable, then emails me and admits he totally disregards seller's measurements. Worst. Buyer. Ever
I have seen this too often my friend. I just had it happen similarly twice in one day. My first negatives one after another, both complete idiots who don't get that IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHIP CO2 CANISTERS. (Paintball Guns). If you thrifters ever come across any... just leave them be. Nothing but trouble.

Also, thank you to...
-TheWGP for being so patient with my forgetful payment of the Bogner.(fits great btw)!
-MadMacs for the amazing Oxxford Houndstooth Suit!
-Grendel for doing business with me.
-Dahl5yankees for the amazing Bespoke Couture by Ozwald Boateng.(sadly too long, to the bay they go)
baldy[1].gif

ALSO: DM7, I have a buddy who would die to wear those shoes, and yes I could see him wearing the suit too. I know you intentionally did that from your post and hope the dance was fun. Keep posting, your thrift/consignment finds are teaching me more super cool brands to look out for that I have never heard of.

Recent holiday weekend finds:

Ties: Armani Collezion,Stefano Ricci, Canali, Hermes, Giorgio Armani (available)

Brassboot boots Sz 11 (Available)

rayxlui

Reaction score

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Spent a bit of time thrifting today...

In the process of moving, so I don't have access to a camera, but here's what I found:

Blazers:
Gucci
Brioni
Shipley & Halmos
Some Savile Row I didn't recognize
BBGF

Shirts:
Billy Reid
Ozwald Boateng

Ties:
2 x super recent Brioni
2 x super recent Zegna selvedge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads