• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't suppose any of you gent's has a Hemes scarf lying around that you would like to part with? I've been looking at getting one for my wife as a wedding present but I'm wary of buying one off ebay for fear of ending up with a fake.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Anyone know much of Domenico Vacca Alta Sartoria? There were several shirts with that label that I left behind the other day that were obviously from the same donor as the rest of my haul. And 1 Armani collezioni. All striped in a similar fashion to the others.

Nell

Reaction score
Does anyone know when Burberry's changed to Burberry? This blazer has a Burberry's fabric tag in the left breast pocket, which I haven't seen on any of the older pieces I've come across. Any input would be appreciated.

P1010960.jpg

P1010963.jpg

P1010962.jpg

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know when Burberry's changed to Burberry? This blazer has a Burberry's fabric tag in the left breast pocket, which I haven't seen on any of the older pieces I've come across. Any input would be appreciated.

1999 was the last year for Burberrys
2000 became Burberry

I would guess your blazer to be 1999 just before the change because of the font style on the label.
I love the Prosum buttons too. Nice touch.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thats odd as the only Richemont I know is the parent company that owns Cartier, etc. Its an LVMH company... which I don't think Burberry is a part of.

edit - NVM, that logo is for a mens clothing company, Richemont would never use a font like that :)

Thanks for the kind words. Packing up the house now, leaving in about a week.
Lessons from moving: I own too many clothes and too many books.

Dude, my sympathies. Moving is right up there with death on the fun list.

Last edited:

goneAWOL

Reaction score

P1010962.jpg

That blazer looks pretty sweet. Its got to be right near the label switch date, and I wouldn't doubt its authenticity because you can see some quality even in the pictures. I've never seen anything like it, nice buy.

951socal

Reaction score
I have a burberrys jacket like that i found in a thrift too, its a 44. but single breasted i don't know why i still have it around. but its in an unused closet haha.

I also saw one of those at off 5th (saks' off price discount retailer) under the burberry london line (cheaper lower end line) going for $125

UncleCozy

Reaction score

52 L measures 40.
Are the CJs UK sizing?

Afaik, CJ use E/F/G for the European market. The only US-marked CJ-shoes I have are branded CJ for Barney's (10D's, I'm a 9UK with high vamps). My bet is on the US size.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too many clothes? I'm not sure that makes sense. Too little closet space I understand though. 

+100000000000, and you know what's even worse than moving books? ******* records, most people don't realize how heavy they are when you've got them together in a box.

Nell

Reaction score
MoL - Dig is right. You're a wealth of information, thanks!

Spoo - Richemont is the nicest boutique in my city. Classy men like yourself frequent it, and I pick up their leftovers haha.

The size/maker tag is ripped out. Any knowledge of who made for Burberry in the late 90s?

edit - looks to be Belvest, but confirmation would be great.

Much too big for me, so it's available for sale/trade. Double vented if it wasn't clear from the photos. Measures out to around a 43 L with S status arms...

Chest: 22.5
Shoulders: 20.5
BoC: 32
Sleeves: 23.5 + 2

Last edited:

46n2

Reaction score
I don't suppose any of you gent's has a Hemes scarf lying around that you would like to part with? I've been looking at getting one for my wife as a wedding present but I'm wary of buying one off ebay for fear of ending up with a fake.

I have 2 Hermes scarves in my possession.

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the brand Eckerle from Germany? I couldn't leave this thing at the GW yesterday, especially since it was one of the yellow tagged half off specials. It's double vented, super 120s (E Thomas) and pretty badass imo. It's measures out to about a 40R...I will literally send this to someone for the cost of shipping. Somebody should be rocking this.
DSC02822.jpg

DSC02825.jpg

DSC02823.jpg

DSC02824.jpg

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the brand Eckerle from Germany? I couldn't leave this thing at the GW yesterday, especially since it was one of the yellow tagged half off specials. It's double vented, super 120s (E Thomas) and pretty badass imo. It's measures out to about a 40R...I will literally send this to someone for the cost of shipping. Somebody should be rocking this.
DSC02822.jpg

DSC02825.jpg

DSC02823.jpg

DSC02824.jpg

Paging Grendel....... He will rock the **** out of that.

in other news .. i had my first experience at a tailor yesterday. Getting my Hugo Boss (Made In Germany) Shawl Collar tuxedo fitted. Pics inbound shortly once all the work is done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads