• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those glasses and that bag are pretty insane; but, I guess, no means no.

I mean, I'm open to offers of you got something kick ass in my size, you need glasses? I really don't need another pair, I've yet to put lenses in that silver antique pair I found awhile back. Let me know, I still owe ya. :cheers:

Stissius

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry for the noob questions, but I'm trying to learn.

I found a Yves Saint Laurent Suit, but I had some doubts about the quality. The materials seemed fine and it was fully canvassed but the "menswear" and Dillards lead me to believe that maybe it was one of the lower end lines.

Similarly, I found a Hickey Freeman sport coat that I wasn't sure about. Everything looked fine, but I'm just starting out looking at suits and things so I didn't want to be too hasty.

Was it a good decision to pass on these or should I go back and hope they are still there?

Xenos

Reaction score
Recently:

Ties: Massimo Bizzocchi, Stefano Ricci, Stefano Ricci, Engineered Garments

Varvatos, Varvatos, Etro, Kiton

Shirts: Camicissima (linen), Fairfax, Corneliani (linen) NWT

Clockwise - RLBL, Hilditch & Key, Charvet, RLBL

Eredi Pisano (linen), Zegna Soft (linen)

Guy Rover, BB extra slim NWT

Sport Coats: Alfred Dunhill, 100% cashmere, Made in Japan, double-vented, ticket pocket, sz 46 (US)

Zegna, Wool & silk, Made in Italy, double-vented, sz 42 (US)

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xenos, when you post are you just thinking "yeah, motherfuckers, I win" every single time?

Cuz you do.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xenos, when you post are you just thinking "yeah, motherfuckers, I win" every single time?

Cuz you do.

+1. He constantly has stuff that I want. That Corneliani Linen looks exactly like a BR I picked up at the outlet. It would be a nice upgrade...

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys do for lunch / dinner when thrifting for most the day?

Make own and keep in car?

Or

Eat out?

I try to plan a trip so that I end up at a favored restaurant when the lunch bell tolls.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Finally a navy blazer in my size that isn't a total *************. Of course, I would have much rather had that Brioni (cough, Brianpore ,cough) No maker, just says Made in the USA on collar tag. Pick stitching all over the place, fits like a dream!

Sorry
peepwall[1].gif
. 16.25" shoulders really would work for you? I'll take a fit pic when I get the jacket (if it is totally unwearable there is already someone who has dibs on the thread, Eazye, you'd be third I think, sorry)

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had some ok finds today. Made the trip worthwhile, anyway. All are available.

- Polo RL by Corneliani gray/black herringbone sportcoat. 3 btn. Elbow patches and patch pockets. Single vent. Tagged a 46 R (SOLD)

- Allen Edmonds Waltons 10 1/2 D

- Allen Edmonds Wilbert 10 1/2 D

Not pictured:

- Sony Playstation 2. Slim version w/ 2 PS2 Controlers and a Logitech wireless Playstation controller. Also picked up Gran Turismo 4 to bundle with it.

- Coach brown leather messenger bag/briefcase. Model 5307. Included two original keys. Had the original booklet inside. It does needs a dire coat of leather conditioner/renovator. Inside is dark brown. Exposed areas are light brown. :plain:

- Vietnam-era ERDL camo poncho liner. Dated 1968.

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys do for lunch / dinner when thrifting for most the day?
Or
Eat out?
I try to plan a trip so that I end up at a favored restaurant when the lunch bell tolls.

I generally plan a route around where I wanna eat for that day haha

And Nataku, that PRL is bad-ass.

Last edited:

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Or
Eat out?

^^^ I usually eat a big meal and then head out. But then again, I rarely hit more than 3 spots on any one trip (unless they happen to be all within walking distance) because I take the subway or buses.

@ Nataku: I'm pretty sure I sold a pair of AE Waltons to a guy in Minnesota a few months ago. I think it would be funny if he donated them and you're the one who picked them up.
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads