• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHo

Reaction score

Oh no, you di'int.

**** man. was all ready to get 2 of those drakes and the other madder tie that went for $25ish. started doing dinner and forgot. could've gotten them all for around $150 or so probably. FAAAAAH-CK

:brick:

Last edited:

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Where the hell is Valium?
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

^ Matching leather chair and ottoman.

^ "WESTNOFA FURNITURE MADE IN NORWAY."

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
Ths first pair was carefully examined by both my wife and I. We have decided on W's but it is unclear.
The second pair are most definitely Ms

W's you say???? Dibs

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
The Siesta chair is a classic. If you got that at thrift prices you done real gooooood!

^^^ Better yet... "free." It's not mine, but it was left in a vacation house in the Berkshires that a friend closed on last week. I spent the weekend up there with him and a couple of other friends snooping through a house full of furniture, clothes, objets d'art, etc. that once belonged to an 88 year old NYC attorney. It was a blast, lol.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ths first pair was carefully examined by both my wife and I. We have decided on W's but it is unclear.
The second pair are most definitely Ms

Bring the M's home good sir.

**** man. was all ready to get 2 of those drakes and the other madder tie that went for $25ish. started doing dinner and forgot. could've gotten them all for around $150 or so probably. FAAAAAH-CK
:brick:

Ive got dupes of these, if you are serious :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180872564087?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/35056158000...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_5494wt_1368
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350558943579#ht_5443wt_1368

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump myself on this, but can anyone help a brotha out? I'm truly baffled by this. I've still be searching online and I still can't find any evidence that Lucchese makes honest-to-goodness regular dress shoes. There's this: http://www.lucchesecowboyboots.com/luccheseusa.html but it's only boots and says they're all made in the USA
puzzled.gif
. My shoes are "hand made in Italy". I thought maybe they're different "Lucchese's", but mine also say "since 1883", just like all these boots. Seems too much of a coincidence to be possible. No clue on this one.

Would love some help with these - Lucchese wingtips. I remember someone mentioning that they make great boots, and their boots seem to fetch a hefty sum, but I seriously can't find any evidence anywhere that they make dress shoes.
puzzled.gif
. Seriously, all of the results are for boots, boot-like shoes, or a very occasional loafer. Can't find any evidence that they make dress shoes. Too weird. They seem nicely made and have Vibram soles, but otherwise, don't really know what to think of them.

LooknGr8

Reaction score
LOOKNGR8 INVADES SILICON VALLEY ON A BIZNIZ TRIP

(I'd do noobizor type hype but I have been up since 4 eastern...)

Here's the shiznit:

there's more but who gives a **** that's the greatest hits. This stuff will all be consigned or B&S'd send me offers if u want to get in first.

SIZES:
Etro NWT shirt: EU 44
Brioni Cashmere: 56 (US 46)
Aldens: 12-1/2 B/D
Orvis HArris Tweed jacket:42L
LOro Piana BB blazer with the hanging sheep buttons that are cooler than s#1t: 42R

PM me if interested in anything else (yes I got a couple things for me...and the ladies in my life, this was an extraordinary thrift run!....just posting here what u want to see)

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOOKNGR8 INVADES SILICON VALLEY ON A BIZNIZ TRIP
(I'd do noobizor type hype but I have been up since 4 eastern...)
Here's the shiznit:

there's more but who gives a **** that's the greatest hits. This stuff will all be consigned or B&S'd send me offers if u want to get in first.
SIZES:
Etro NWT shirt: EU 44
Brioni Cashmere: 56 (US 46)
Aldens: 12-1/2 B/D

:slayer:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question:
Thrifted a sweet Zegna navy SC. 3 roll 2, pick stitching, ticket pocket. Has brass buttons with golden fleece BB logos (like the ones above in lookngr8's post) Were the buttons most likely replaced? Or is the golden fleece symbol used by others? Is it exclusively used by BB? Either way this jacket is ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads