• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Passed on a hideous E Zegna tie for $2. Sooooo ugly... brown and red abomination

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Depends...are you happy making $10 a shirt flipping or do you only want to make $30 a shirt... if your happy with $10, quality BB & CT shirts can be had for $2-3 and sell for $15-20 (slim fits and good sizes sell for more sometimes). There are a lot of labels between BB and Brioni where you can flip or trade and make money to buy what you want in your size, but might not be worth it for you to spend the time/energy to flip a shirt for $10...

+1 to all of that. I've decided recently the $10 margin ain't worth it, unless I buy for me then sell eventually when I've tired of the shirt like Henry VIII with wives (or Charles I with heads). But as Brian says: Many shirts can be had that afford $30+ margin (if you know what the sale price is, and are careful about what you buy it for). You will ALSO find, however, that many folks on here like to trade, as well. So at a cheap price, even not your size: Dangle it out there as bait and see what you can get. Couple of generous trades and you'll be well loved.

Edit:
Looks good! Love the shirt.

:fonz: Sweet, sweet, SWEET trade with elev8rz!

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cuff links with my initials :) Already got a dog and a wife so I'll browse your store for the most expensive thing :)

Do it up man.
nod%5B1%5D.gif

Did it. Only the croc interests me :D Can imagine what would happen if I bring them home. :rolleyes: For the sake of protecting two decades of blissful happiness, I will have to send you the links free. PM address and you owe me one.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There were so many people roaming around today hitting the racks hard. At first I thought I had a ton of competition, but then realized they were just looking for the orange tags since it was dollar day. Almost got exciting in the goodwill :D There was also some jerk that would unclip the pants to see waist tag and then leave them hanging... Also a guy dressed in MC garb that may or may not have been lastonb :paranoia: (most likely not though...)

*edit* There's a 42L Hart Shaffner Marx gold trumputer in navy with pinstripe if anyone wants me to pick it up for them.

Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score
I'm concerned that the plaid on the SC won't match the plaid on the pants. I'll allow you to break the pattern/pattern/solid rule. I know, I know, I'm anal.

Thrift fit. All glen plaid, all the time.

Oxxford glen plaid SC, silk - $6
BB Black Fleece glen plaid shirt - $4
Polo RL glen plaid tie, linen/silk/wool - gift from thrift buddy
Hickey Freeman glen plaid trousers - $5
Sanders wingtips - $7

total damage - $22
time I wasted putting all this crap on and taking a picture - 10 minutes

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That was me! I am hoping for solid colors and windowpanes/plaids (and of course, made in Italy)

:rotflmao:

Does anyone here like these? I don't do eBay...but I see two to three every time I hit the Goodwill outlet ($1 errythang). I picked up three 'Players' shirts today (2 solid longsleeve, one short sleeve, flesh-colored-ish...plaid? Thingy? Not made in Italy).

Grendel, that looks like a zillion bucks.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

:rotflmao:
Does anyone here like these? I don't do eBay...but I see two to three every time I hit the Goodwill outlet ($1 errythang). I picked up three 'Players' shirts today (2 solid longsleeve, one short sleeve, flesh-colored-ish...plaid? Thingy? Not made in Italy).
Grendel, that looks like a zillion bucks.

What do you do instead of ebay? Maybe I shouldn't have picked up that one last night, Achilles just trolling us all :lol:

Also, what is up with paypal keeping the fees and charging you full price (pre fee) for a lost claim? Outrageous...

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What do you do instead of ebay?

I just list all my decent finds in B&S. When my coffers are full, I buy stuff. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. I was way too optimistic about trades starting out, learning the hard way that most are looking for the highest of high end stuff only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads