• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocooney

Reaction score
Only bragworthy finds of the weekend:

NWT Charvet

Drumohr for Trillion.

Lacoste made in France

Orvis wool coat with leather collar trim. M. :

Orvis is available for trade.

Also, picked up a lightweight car coat with a content tag that included 58% Baby Suri. Anybody know what that is all about?

Left behind: Vintage Schott brown belted leather jacket with zip in liner. Great condition except
the price tag stapled through the lapel. Priced at $70

O

Last edited:

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up this denim peacoat on a huge discount at a store here in Toronto. I have been wanting one of these for a while now so I was stoked to find it in my size. It was the last one they had too.

I also found these two James Rollins books at Value Village for $5 each which was a damn good find. Im a big fan of this James Rollins series and its not easy to come across the original hardcover releases.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up this denim peacoat on a huge discount at a store here in Toronto. I have been wanting one of these for a while now so I was stoked to find it in my size. It was the last one they had too.

That's... odd

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that...I was having problems getting a decent pic.
P2P: 22.5"
Shoulder: 20"
BOC Length: 29.5"
Sleeves from end of cuff to shoulder seam: 25"

That's really awesome... I'd be interested if I didn't already have like 6 jackets and plans on a Barbour Beaufort
lol8[1].gif

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my contribution to the WAYWRN thrift edition. Suit was from Nataku last week!

photo-16-2.jpg
photo-19-1.jpg

I was going to wear the Cambridges that I bought from Allaboutshoes, but since it was snowing when I got up I decided to go with the commando soles on my black Bayfields. They were at least a super great deal on Amazon's wearhouse site. Shirt and tie are, of course, thrifted. Not sure I'm crazy about the tie, too narrow for this fit I now think. Any comments on fit? I think it is good, but wonder a little about whether it pulls at the bottom.

On a thrifting note, thrifted my first pair of English shoes today. Very nice chocolate suede Church's Salisbury loafers. Hardly any wear, and with the Herring's shoe trees included. Unfortunately 9.5G is not quite my size (oh so close, but they are slightly too large for my 10.5 E US). Any offers, especially trades, would be welcome. I'll probably put them up on the B&S tomorrow when I am able to upload better pics. Sorry for that, still don't understand my home internet issues.
photo-18-2.jpg

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This speaks more about you than it does about the city, I'm afraid. He was correct about the prostitutes and drug dealers...
biggrin.gif

Not in the morning, though... I actually live only a couple miles from the HF store, so...
biggrin.gif

I assumed that grendel was being sarcastic... or was blind.

Nah. I find Rochester to be a pretty safe and bland city. I used to travel to Manhattan for work and I'd go walking around late at night, no problems. I also used to live less than a mile from the Astrodome in Houston... THAT was a scary area.

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been kaput for the last couple of days, a quick refresher please on activity in the thread.

To those who took time to PM me, I will get back to you in a couple of hours.

Man, I have been busy this weekend, am bushed! Thrifted the morning of Saturday, picked up a fascinating Ralph Lauren Polo suit and a very interesting pair of shoes. For information purposes, give me the lowdown on these pieces.

Ralph Lauren Polo Suit:
- Made in USA by Hickey Freeman
- Fully Canvassed
- Double Vented
- Pants tapered
- Horn Buttons

Question is, since when did Ralph Lauren Polo ever have a quality suit like this? It is way better than the Made in Italy stuff, the tailoring is up there with Hickey Freeman's best line and not far off Ralph Lauren Purple Label. I would argue it is better than Ralph Lauren Black Label given the hand made features on the jacket.

Ignore the fact the suit is a 44L and a size too small (yanking at the button), pictures are to show the shape of suit, in particular the lapels. Date wise? Last 10 years perhaps? I did not know Ralph Lauren got Hickey Freeman to make their suits.

Stefanobi Loafers
- Lightly used
- Appears mostly handmade
- Goodyear welted
- High quality, perhaps between John Lobbs and Ferragamo in terms of quality.
- Size and info of shoe handwritten inside shoe (Bespoke?)
- Google search gives limited information, appears to retail up to $1.5K on some models.

Never heard of this brand, information please. I spend $39.99 on them, I took a gamble. Condition was the major factor in selecting, and I know a good well made pair of shoes when I see them regardless of brand. These appear close to, but perhaps not quite equal to a good pair of Lobbs. I would say quality wise, at least as good as Louis Vuitton. I heard that Sefanobi used to make shoes for Borrelli Napoli.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Been kaput for the last couple of days, a quick refresher please on activity in the thread.

Stefanobi Loafers
- Lightly used
- Appears mostly handmade
- Goodyear welted
- High quality, perhaps between John Lobbs and Ferragamo in terms of quality.
- Size and info of shoe handwritten inside shoe (Bespoke?)
- Google search gives limited information, appears to retail up to $1.5K on some models.

Never heard of this brand, information please. I spend $39.99 on them, I took a gamble. Condition was the major factor in selecting, and I know a good well made pair of shoes when I see them regardless of brand. These appear close to, but perhaps not quite equal to a good pair of Lobbs. I would say quality wise, at least as good as Louis Vuitton. I heard that Sefanobi used to make shoes for Borrelli Napoli.
Toss them over here http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/h...s-secrets-to-id-the-maker/550_50#post_5253607 and I'm sure someone will have some info.

Suit =
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads