• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFST

Reaction score
I always wondered where people got their user names?
Mine are just my initials, but is so boring I might change it (laughing man is available?
smile.gif
)

@SpooPoker ("¿como de bueno es tu español?") would never guess it, which raises the question of how many people speak spanish (gracias and amigo is very common here) on this thread...

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ you have 4 initials?! baller!

fwiw, i am of mexican descent but sadly no hablo the espanol. maybe just a leeeetle. i would understand if you wrote something but conversationally I'm a dead duck.

i do like amigo tho so you will see me use it all the time but when you see it in my posts imagine a gringo saying it. i also cherish the phrase adios so i use that IRL as well.

Last edited:

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first name starts with J, last name starts with D.

Pretty sure Drake stole the Drizzy part from me.

oreagan

Reaction score
I like the first pair of Florsheim monk straps, what kind of hide are they?

Not sure, doesn't seem to say anywhere I see. I can make out that they're 11C in size, but any more than I'm sure someone else could guess with more information than me.
obviously for personal use anything goes, really.

but for market value/desirability, i would've passed on everything without a second thought.

the real question is: what didn't you see or what did you pass on that would've been worthwhile?

Well I didn't post everything I grabbed. There were these three pairs of Allen Edmonds that fit me, one of them NWOT:

And also this YSL shirt that seems in perfect condition:

But they're all going into my closet and were less borderline, while also not being overwhelmingly brag-worthy, so I left them out.

Last edited:

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is based upon a character in my favorite all-time book ('Dog of the South'). When I was registering I couldn't add a space, nor could I use capitals to differentiate the two words. So I'm stuck with reosymes instead of Reo Symes.

JFST

Reaction score
^^^ you have 4 initials?! baller!

fwiw, i am of mexican descent but sadly no hablo the espanol. maybe just a leeeetle. i would understand if you wrote something but conversationally I'm a dead duck.

i do like amigo tho so you will see me use it all the time but when you see it in my posts imagine a gringo saying it. i also cherish the phrase adios so i use that IRL as well.
Yes, one middle name and two surnames from both my parents, the universal Juan and the more spaniard "geographically" of Fermin...like the running of the bulls...@Ds13 weren't you there this last year? Anyway I'm originally from the other part of the country...

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The funniest thing is trademarking DrunkSpoo in that response!

I always wondered where people got their user names?

I'm curious about a bunch of names on here:

@SpooPoker
@TheNeedMachine
@barrelntrigger
@FlorianQC
@Bahljs
@capnwes
@Jompso
@Orgetorix
@GMMcL

AND others that I can't remember right now.

My name isn't that exciting, but I'll tell you anyway. When I was in law school, I wanted to be a law professor (to some extent, I still do) or a Judge. When I went on ebay to set up a user name (just to buy back in 2002), I tried herecomesthejudge first. That was taken. I tried a 1 or 2 professor varieties and came up with NobleProfessor.
Nothing to write home about. My last name, Bahl. First initial, J. Middle initial, S.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody asked me but I tend to get angry when other Pokemon attack me and I self-destruct so I just get super baked and everything is better.

Nah, I'm just ******* with you guys. Voltorb has never been in my line up and I have a drug test in a few weeks. The real truth is that I liked AC/DC when I made my AIM username back in 2005 and then I stopped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics