• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously it is impossible to compete with the other worldly hauls this weekend. So, I will state ahead of time: "This group is merely interesting and does NOT represent epic hauls that you will tell your grandchildren about."

I'm not sure how many still wear Double Breasted Suits. But, this is an exceptionally nice Burberry DB.

As soon as I saw this I knew I had to buy it. If it was my size, I would definitely keep it with the idea that I might wear it someday. Although, I am not sure I would have the guts to wear a Pink SC.

I am not familiar with the Maker or the Store label, but this thing appears to have ZERO wear. It is in amazing condition. It is also very well made. Natural Shoudlers, great fabric, gorgeous.

Its almost Football Season! I'm a Redskins fan and I always liked Chris Cooley (who is not playing anymore). I sold a few other Redskins jerseys previously that went for good money.

A very cool Padres Vintage look Jersey.

This thing is amazing. Big, NWT, thick stitching and embroidery. I think this could be GREAT or a total bust.

only my second SULKA tie

When I saw this tie, I thought it looked like a nice tie.

Then, I saw this part of the label:

But, alas, this was not quite the find I thought it was at first:

My wife has made a TON of money recently on women's perfume. AND I'm not talking about the obvious brands. I mean discontinued cheaper brands that she has sold for $90-100! Its crazy!

So, at an auction on Saturday, this was one of the frangrances she bought (bought it for me to sell). She bought a whole shoe box of fragrances for a few dollars. This is a men's fragrance. This particular one sells for $30-50 even for a partial bottle! The last box of perfume she bought for $8 she made $780 selling and still has 1/3 of the bottles left.

I like political buttons, but for the most part they aren't worth much. I bought two buttons for $2 and was hoping the Jimmy Carter might go up.

This was the one I really wanted. It has a 1978 Copyright. I don't know if its worth anything, but growing up in Missouri, I always like George Brett even though I'm a Cardinals fan.

Another Auction find (true thrift price). A NEW Spyderco knife! These are easy money!

This was another Auction find. Its a collection of OLD Boy Scout Medals. Most people would care at all. EXCEPT, there is something very special about the old Eagle Scout Medals. Can you guess?

Harley Ebay Fodder

I thought this was a POP for me. I almost always buy Harley Shirts. AND this one is from the HD in Columbia Missouri (where the Mizzou is located). Since, I'm a Mizzou alum, I was very excited to find especially in my size! BUT, unfortunately, it is way too big (horizontally) and way too short vertically.

A fun vintage Atari shirt

More Harley ebay Fodder

I can't tell if this is real vintage or a repro because the tag is gone. There is NOT another tag anywhere.

A BB uni stripe. WIDE blue and white stripes.

Ok, Polo experts, Did I find

1. Nothing special
2. A fake
3. something great.

It has a strange tag. I wasn't sure what to think about it.

Here's a little something for the car guys:

This was at a shop down the street from my office. I have gotten to know the manager. I saw this beauty and had to stop and ask about it.

Its a 1971 Dodge Challenger CONVERTIBLE with the 440 Six Pack, shaker hood and absolutely perfect total restoration. My friend called the owner to double check on his price.

$155,000! Too rich for me. But, the owner did say I could drive it (with him in the car with me).

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Nobleprofessor, love that Atari shirt... A friend's dad was one of the creators of Pong, so I get to hear a lot about the old days of Atari.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought that perfume denatured if stored in less than ideal conditions...

i never bothered with the fragrances etc. maybe i should start looking hard at that stuff.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i thought that perfume denatured if stored in less than ideal conditions...

i never bothered with the fragrances etc. maybe i should start looking hard at that stuff.

I know one of the perfumes she sold was the early 80's. It had been opened, but was full. It still smelled. I have only sold one bottle (and only listed one) and it was from 2009. It still smelled good. It had been opened also, but was full.

thriftydood

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, so here's the best of the past couple of months (sorry about any wrinkles in advance, many of these items had been put away for storage). Some items are available so I went ahead and included the tagged size.

PRL by Corneliani brown corduroy sportcoat (44L): double vent, leather buttons, elbow patches

RL Rugby white/cream boating type jacket (M)

BB Fitzgerald solid black suit (42L): flat front pants, single vent

SS navy with tonal stripes suit (44S): flat front pants, double vent, ticket pocket, peak lapels

Brioni striped taupe suit (44R): double pleated pants, double vent

EZ Su Misura dark blue flannel pants (EU58, 38W): flat front, looks like they were made for a certain member of PTI--EZ, not Incotex

EZ traveler micronsphere light/mid-gray pants (EU50, 33-34W): flat front, look like new, Incotex for EZ

BB Regent dark gray flannel pants (35W): flat front

PRL by Corneliani light brown/rust herringbone tweed pants (36W): flat front

PRL by Corneliani mid-dark brown speckled tweed pants (36W): flat front

Orvis heavy mid-gray herringbone tweed pants (36W): flat front, leather trim

Luigi Borrelli Napoli mainline shorts (EU54, 37W): flat front, garment dyed

Vintage Champion "Harvard The Games 1985" T-Shirt (L)

Lacoste Live navy cashmere v-neck sweater made in France (5)

J. Crew Mayfair topcoat in charcoal herringbone Yorkshire Moon Tweed (44): single vent (basted), ticket pocket

Some women's stuff:

Recent Burberry London black raincoat (US 4, ITA 38): detachable hood (buttons), removable zip-out wool liner, nova-check lining inside

AP x3 (US 6, FR 38, but fit very slim)

Marni cropped jacket (ITA 40)

Tagliatore cotton sportcoat (ITA 42L)

Costume National green coat (ITA 44)

Piazza Sempione gray knit jacket (ITA 46)

JS gray button up collared pure cashmere sweater with button cuffs (D 38)

JS black wool sweater (D 38)

Dolce & Gabbana black wool sweater (ITA 42)

Les Copains red cashmere blend zippered knit (ITA 46/IV)

Roberto Cavalli gray v-neck sweater (S)

Malo pink cashmere-silk-pa cardigan (ITA 44)

T by Alexander Wang long-sleeve T (S)

Morikage Shirt Kyoto shirt (SS)

Issey Miyake print t-shirt (4)

Issey Miyake Pleats ruffled top (M)

Heyne Bogut t-shirt (3)

JS angora-wool blend burgundy lined skirt (D 38)

JS wool-angora-rayon dark gray unlined skirt (D 36)

Recent Burberry London nova-check lined skirt (US 14)

Shoshanna black dress (US 6)

MM6 navy casual dress (very slim L)

TD navy top/dress (M)

NWT Halston Heritage black dress (US 4)

Philip Lim 3.1 black formal pants (2)

Roberto Cavalli black wide-leg pants (L)

NWT Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony gingham cigarette pants (S)

Baldwin Selvedge Skinny Jeans, pre-distressed wash (24)

Some outdoor gear:

Vintage Patagonia made in USA jacket (nylon shell with fleece liner, L?)

Vintage Patagonia made in USA women's synchilla zippered hooded jacket (XS)

Patagonia gray Primaloft down sweater (XXL)

Mountain Hardwear zip-off pants (XL)

Outdoor Research goat leather gore-tex gloves (M)

Some footwear:

Takeo Kikuchi leather sandals (43)

Tod's Gommino burgundy patent leather boots (UK 11.5): soles are in great shape, but patent leather is creasing

My favorite of this post:

Levi's 501 little-E selvedge jeans (roughly 1975?); with the fakes floating around, would appreciate an authenticity check and confirmation on date. They are in great shape, though they have shrunk down a lot from the tagged size.

paper tag

button stamped with an underlined 6

tagged 36/31, but have shrunk from that, chainstitched rear pockets

looks like some writing on the inside

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score

Haven't posted in a while, so here's the best of the past couple of months (sorry about any wrinkles in advance, many of these items had been put away for storage). Some items are available so I went ahead and included the tagged size.
PRL by Corneliani brown corduroy sportcoat (44L): double vent, leather buttons, elbow patches
RL Rugby white/cream boating type jacket (M) BB Fitzgerald solid black suit (42L): flat front pants, single vent
SS navy with tonal stripes suit (44S): flat front pants, double vent, ticket pocket, peak lapels
Brioni striped taupe suit (44R): double pleated pants, double vent
EZ Su Misura dark blue flannel pants (EU58, 38W): flat front, looks like they were made for a certain member of PTI--EZ, not Incotex EZ traveler micronsphere light/mid-gray pants (EU50, 33-34W): flat front, look like new, Incotex for EZ BB Regent dark gray flannel pants (35W): flat front PRL by Corneliani light brown/rust herringbone tweed pants (36W): flat front PRL by Corneliani mid-dark brown speckled tweed pants (36W): flat front Orvis heavy mid-gray herringbone tweed pants (36W): flat front, leather trim Luigi Borrelli Napoli mainline shorts (EU54, 37W): flat front, garment dyed
Vintage Champion "Harvard The Games 1985" T-Shirt (L)
Lacoste Live navy cashmere v-neck sweater made in France (5) J. Crew Mayfair topcoat in charcoal herringbone Yorkshire Moon Tweed (44): single vent (basted), ticket pocket
Some women's stuff:
Recent Burberry London black raincoat (US 4, ITA 38): detachable hood (buttons), removable zip-out wool liner, nova-check lining inside
AP x3 (US 6, FR 38, but fit very slim) Marni cropped jacket (ITA 40) Tagliatore cotton sportcoat (ITA 42L) Costume National green coat (ITA 44) Piazza Sempione gray knit jacket (ITA 46) JS gray button up collared pure cashmere sweater with button cuffs (D 38) JS black wool sweater (D 38) Dolce & Gabbana black wool sweater (ITA 42) Les Copains red cashmere blend zippered knit (ITA 46/IV) Roberto Cavalli gray v-neck sweater (S) Malo pink cashmere-silk-pa cardigan (ITA 44) T by Alexander Wang long-sleeve T (S) Morikage Shirt Kyoto shirt (SS) Issey Miyake print t-shirt (4) Issey Miyake Pleats ruffled top (M)
Heyne Bogut t-shirt (3) JS angora-wool blend burgundy lined skirt (D 38) JS wool-angora-rayon dark gray unlined skirt (D 36) Recent Burberry London nova-check lined skirt (US 14) Shoshanna black dress (US 6) MM6 navy casual dress (very slim L) TD navy top/dress (M) NWT Halston Heritage black dress (US 4) Philip Lim 3.1 black formal pants (2) Roberto Cavalli black wide-leg pants (L) NWT Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony gingham cigarette pants (S) Baldwin Selvedge Skinny Jeans, pre-distressed wash (24)
Some outdoor gear:
Vintage Patagonia made in USA jacket (nylon shell with fleece liner, L?) Vintage Patagonia made in USA women's synchilla zippered hooded jacket (XS) Patagonia gray Primaloft down sweater (XXL) Mountain Hardwear zip-off pants (XL) Outdoor Research goat leather gore-tex gloves (M)
Some footwear: Takeo Kikuchi leather sandals (43) Tod's Gommino burgundy patent leather boots (UK 11.5): soles are in great shape, but patent leather is creasing
My favorite of this post: Levi's 501 little-E selvedge jeans (roughly 1975?); with the fakes floating around, would appreciate an authenticity check and confirmation on date. They are in great shape, though they have shrunk down a lot from the tagged size.
paper tag button stamped with an underlined 6 tagged 36/31, but have shrunk from that, chainstitched rear pockets looks like some writing on the inside
This is such a nice set of finds especially the womens. Good stuff

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I want to say a BIG Thanks to @eazye , @Mymainman, @Vexco
worship.gif
-for Kopping themselves some sweet loot in "Thrift Vader's Yard sale".

Thanks to them? i have enough money to buy the $800 Subaru STI!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

-The yard sale was such a success, that in the future, when all my stuff sits for too long? it will be unloaded in a future yard sale.
everybody got a great deal. i got my investment back. and it was an all around win-win. props to all you guys.
pics when it is cleaned up.

My offerings for today.

Kanye West x Bape 20Th Anniversary Tee in perfect un-marked white.

size small. headed to teh bay.
Yohji Yamamoto Y's for men. in super rare "Aubergine" dark purple. 100% Linen, soft as a tissue, and.............
drool.gif

Nicest Y's for men shirt i have found so far. will fit a 42.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to say a BIG Thanks to @eazye , @Mymainman, @Vexco
worship.gif
-for Kopping themselves some sweet loot in "Thrift Vader's Yard sale".

Thanks to them? i have enough money to buy the $800 Subaru STI!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

-The yard sale was such a success, that in the future, when all my stuff sits for too long? it will be unloaded in a future yard sale.
everybody got a great deal. i got my investment back. and it was an all around win-win. props to all you guys.
pics when it is cleaned up.

My offerings for today.

Kanye West x Bape 20Th Anniversary Tee in perfect un-marked white.

size small. headed to teh bay.
Yohji Yamamoto Y's for men. in super rare "Aubergine" dark purple. 100% Linen, soft as a tissue, and.............
drool.gif

Nicest Y's for men shirt i have found so far. will fit a 42.
Love what you do for the community Vader

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would send you so much moneyz if you were able to find real men size in JP :p

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Love what you do for the community Vader
shog[1].gif
....................Thanks Broseph.
smile.gif

But i didn't forget the smaller foot guys today...............
Nike Air Zoom -Jason Kidd. (model name escapes me).

Size 7.5. 9/10. will clean up nice, pull tabs are rough. available @Cost +Coffee+Shipping.
wink.gif

I would send you so much moneyz if you were able to find real men size in JP :p
crackup[1].gif

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shog%5B1%5D.gif
....................Thanks Broseph.
smile.gif

But i didn't forget the smaller foot guys today...............
Nike Air Zoom -Jason Kidd. (model name escapes me).

Size 7.5. 9/10. will clean up nice, pull tabs are rough. available @Cost +Coffee+Shipping.
wink.gif

crackup%5B1%5D.gif
I want to thank you so much for keeping my baby feet in mind, however, I just cannot get behind 90s basketball shoes. I'm a runner guy at heart, except for grail status Jordans. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads