• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leisurewear

Reaction score
good morning fellas, past couple weeks getting out where i can. less than spectacular but a couple good stops.

FqYrY88.jpg

rrl is one of the more tame but at the same time one of the nicest shirts i've picked up from them. Japanese Selvedge OCBD made in sri lanka (vaguely remember somebody saying this is where they make the good rl stuff). don't pick up many patagonia shirts but have had success with a few models. this one's a recent nylon fishing shirt which should do well.
cmYu3I3.jpg

big boy lulu. rain jacket, pants and crew sweater
IN8fF5k.jpg

wimminz lulu goose down long coat. apparently this model is $$$ per comps, wish i found it 3 months ago.
tNU4Ewg.jpg

pop on gren! not true thrift at $27 but for personal and still meat if i decide to flip
XuRxxSq.jpg

Oi8G6NR.jpg

5jEf6U1.jpg

nwt fodder
zE0PGPH.jpg

dsquared chinos, older pleated incotex but a nice pattern and has side tabs, recent zegna cords
KPn4vAi.jpg

nwt rlpl green moleskin trous, sid x hertling in my size. thought about picking up some luxeswap hertlings but couldn't bring myself to pay up even though it was still a smoking deal. found these for $4 the same day
Bti9BFS.jpg

guy even had them tailored to fit me better
LdItdoz.jpg

pop pop.
7mpuQym.jpg

can anybody comment on how to tell if these are men's or women's? sizing says men's but buttons/zipper are on the women's size (though with euro brands this is a toss up anyway).
gg8tAmx.jpg

2xprl for corn, one wild yellow seersucker and one linen. jpress is vintage flannel with brass buttons. very trad, 3/2 roll sack jacket
9YydU9F.jpg

saks zegna cloth is a suit, ben silver is a nice flecked hb tweed and hf is a crazy gatsby-esque custom
3kVy5yE.jpg

RzPMBb5.jpg

Last edited:

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your absolutely correct on fit, I have a good tailor on standby!
True tailors are in decline in my area, sadly. I worked in my aunt's seamstress shop as a kid sweeping all the serger remains and ferrying garments around, so I know those "little old lady" seamstresses do amazing work, and are more adept in many ways with machines, scissors, etc. It's just so hard to offer up your thrift finds to possible destruction at a new place.

David Torres

Reaction score
True tailors are in decline in my area, sadly. I worked in my aunt's seamstress shop as a kid sweeping all the serger remains and ferrying garments around, so I know those "little old lady" seamstresses do amazing work, and are more adept in many ways with machines, scissors, etc. It's just so hard to offer up your thrift finds to possible destruction at a new place.
True.. I actually use a couple, one is an old Italian man and the other is an older Mexican dude and each one is better at certain jobs than the other. When trying a new tailor, as I’m sure you all know start with some crap that doesn’t matter if it gets trashed before you move on to your nicer things in need of alterations.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score

This seems to be true in every place I've lived in the last decade. It's easy enough to find people who refer to themselves as "tailors", but most are just alterations people who will often balk at "real" tailoring. I've encountered quite a few who will try hard to talk me out of any tailoring more complex than shortening sleeves, or letting out pants at the waist or cuff. I think half of it is driven by the market, since most consumers don't use tailors at all, beyond dry-cleaner alterations. But in conversations I've had, I get the impression that many just can't be bothered. They want the simple, easy jobs, not the meticulous and often laborious discipline involved in more complex artisanal activity, especially with high-end, hand-made garments. Ever tried getting one to hand-stitch something? You'd think they'd seen a ghost.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost feel bad for sniping those Cucinelli shoes for £25.

...almost. :paranoia:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics