• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashae

Reaction score
Just popping in after a long absence to say hey, glad to see everyone still throwing heat! I switched jobs back in March and have been basically wall-to-wall working. @TJGent87 checked in with me a couple days ago and I felt the urge to see what's been going on. Ironically, my new job which has been killing me timewise is directly above a Buffalo Exchange and around the corner from a NYC Goodwill, so the lunch thrift check-in is still a thing. Would love to say I've been killing it but... :)

Anyway, CARRY ON GENTLEMEN!

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scored this leather messenger bag but I can not seem to find anything about it. Anyone have any idea who made this bag? :slayer:

This guy looks an awful lot like the paul stuart logo

burgerkong

Reaction score
OK fellas, just picked up the Kiton today, I'm sure you are all dying for details (not really), but I thought I'd make good on my promise for more pics anyways. FWIW I dialed the original retailer of this particular sports jacket (Harry Rosen) and gave them the SKU because the tag was attached, just hidden away in the sleeve. Guess what? Not only did I know when it was sold (2 weeks ago at their Kiton trunk show), but that it was a special order and the $10,500 price tag is legitimate. I am waiting for confirmation from Kiton regarding composition, but I'm presuming fairly good percentage (of vi[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]cuña)[/COLOR].

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

So yeah, without adieu here are the pics, first of the Kiton trunk show (Bloor Street store in downtown TO, scroll down: http://www.harryrosen.com/store-events):

Proof I won it for $253 plus tax:

Last edited:

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How long is a piece of string? What's your feeling about it when you think long and hard about it? If you're new to this game there's a lot of reading you can do beforehand such as reading the two huge thrift threads in their entirety. It might seem daunting but my god does it give you an idea of labels, what sells, tips and hints. If you're serious about doing this for a money making sideline then there's going to be a learning curve. That's a really decent start. Me? I used to push my daughter around the block twice every day as she wouldn't sleep. This happened for weeks and weeks and I would be glued to my phone in all weathers reading the threads.

Even if you bought it and tried to flip it you will have gone through an important stage and got a feel for the market. I'm no expert. Hopefully I've helped you a little. When I look at your pictures my internal thrift monologue is going...

Old label. Looks dated. Probably will take a while to flip. Pants probably have pleats. Maybe piss stains. Not a particularly desirable pattern. What's the price? Any moth holes? What's the cut like? Probably boxy as it's old fashioned although 2-button is a slight bonus. Dual vented? Probably not, so another negative there...not worth my time...

I won't bore you with more rambling. If it's cheap enough and in good condition why not pull the trigger, get it on eBay and watch. Welcome to #thriftlife (cringe).

I really hate to be the dick head but I say this every time, read the damn thread and then you wont have to ask these questions. I would say that majority of the people on here have read a **** ton of these pages. A basic ebay search shows that you probably buy a Zegna (marital aid) suit. If they want too much, then dont buy...? The buddahman is 100% right

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maison is house, yes? Looks like title is House of Berlioz, as in, the composer. Probably his crib. Sig, dunno.

You know what that's pretty helpful actually .he died in 1863 so the painting has to be from before that I think .
Maybe not.
Apparently there is a Berlioz Society in France I'm gonna send them an email see what they think.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh I paid $14.99 for my vicuna kiton.
Just kidding.
Btw if i recall it was 10 or 9% vicuna rest cashmere although urs might be different .

burgerkong

Reaction score
Meh I paid $14.99 for my vicuna kiton.
Just kidding.
Btw if i recall it was 10 or 9% vicuna rest cashmere although urs might be different .

Honestly I can't be sure, there are a couple pieces in their FW2016 lookbook with 50/50 v[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]icuña/cashmere, 10/90 etc etc. Will be interesting to see what Kiton says.[/COLOR]

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just so I sound intelligent. How is Vicuna pronounced. Want to make sure I can say it correctly when I find one.

I don't think you're gonna have to worry about it!

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what that's pretty helpful actually .he died in 1863 so the painting has to be from before that I think .
Maybe not.
Apparently there is a Berlioz Society in France I'm gonna send them an email see what they think.

i think cubism began circa 190?. i think the house was also demolished during WWI. that's a pretty narrow window and apparently that house was painted by a number of cubists, including braque etc.

if it's dirt cheap i might cop and research in depth. if i thought that it was gonna hang around for a day or two i might do a bunch of looking tonight and see if it's not a copy of somebody else's work (that happens often enough). i guess you ignore my posts lol and that's cool too $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads