• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit. From 1 stop in LA. No alterations needed.

Tom Ford suit
Zegna Shirt
Zegna tie (crappy knot - first time wearing a tie in years)

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a ton of stuff to photograph, hopefully I'll catch up one day. For now, here are a few of my keepers. These things are already in my closet/house, so unfortunately not available.

Recent finds...

There is a small shop in my town that sells odds and ends. This was in the window. I bought it and she may get more from the guy. It looks like a panama, but it's actually a cream felt.

Wool sweater for my son. I buy him things that I would wear if they were my size. Love this, tight, spongy knit wool.

Scarves

No-name silk

Tidstrand wool blanket, made in Sweden. I really liked the pattern before I got to it. Swedes, any info? The designer is Viola Gråsten, who surprisingly has a Wikipedia entry.

No name wool cardigan.

This thing is wonderful. I love the fit, just need to get the sleeves taken up on it. Color is great.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Funny you mention it! I had just started to write the post for this thread when I saw that one on the main page. May get into it this year, I haven't in previous years.

For those interested, I'll be posting the info/rules/timeline for this years gift exchange in the next week or two!

Quoting myself:

Has anyone ever used one of the online gift exchange sites? I'd be open to trying one out this year, but I've never used one.

I'd love to be able to:

• Allow it to generate names.
  • Allow members to anonymously communicate.
  • Allow members to upload their contact information.
  • Be relatively secure/not spam the hell out of everyone.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Back at it again with the ties.

Hans: That LBM is the ****.

Thanks!

You've been on fire with ties. One donor? What's that Burberry underneath, a trench?

I think I offered you a Salvatore Piccolo shirt a few months ago that I saw at TK Maxx. It sold/disappeared before markdowns, but I did thrift one today.

futuremyth

Reaction score
Quoting myself:

Has anyone ever used one of the online gift exchange sites? I'd be open to trying one out this year, but I've never used one.

I'd love to be able to:

• Allow it to generate names.
  • Allow members to anonymously communicate.
  • Allow members to upload their contact information.
  • Be relatively secure/not spam the hell out of everyone.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

I've used drawnames.com for a few years now for a small secret santa group. I'm not sure about point 3, since we do the exchange in person, but it definitely does the drawing/generation for you, allows you to ask questions anonymously of the person whose name you've drawn, and I have never heard from them contact-wise.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I've used drawnames.com for a few years now for a small secret santa group. I'm not sure about point 3, since we do the exchange in person, but it definitely does the drawing/generation for you, allows you to ask questions anonymously of the person whose name you've drawn, and I have never heard from them contact-wise.

Thanks for the helpful info! I'll take a look at it and contrast/compare them to the other sites that google spits out at me.

Thanks again!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^

what's more, i strongly suspect that is a fake anyways.

tag looks hinky and i don't think i've ever seen Ralphie replace the stars with an RL in the canton like that.

edit: i think they do with the polo jeans stuff but i think it would be unusual on the lo sport stuff.

Last edited:

infinidox

Reaction score

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a ton of stuff to photograph, hopefully I'll catch up one day. For now, here are a few of my keepers. These things are already in my closet/house, so unfortunately not available.

Recent finds...

This thing is wonderful. I love the fit, just need to get the sleeves taken up on it. Color is great.

My favorite go-to coat, I have that exact color and weave. Nice.

Guise. These a thing?

on a Oxxford and PRL Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads