1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

You got some homie? Or the college still selling out the city. Drink some basement brewed piss and mind your business please, thanks, cuz the info I provided is totally relevant for all, and my word is being question like a liar, i have a right to take offense, so get off my fucking dick dude, sick of your fucking ass bro, your like a goddamn fly. Annoying as fuck.

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

No one questioned you. Lighten the fuck up. You come across like some kind of raving lunatic here, man.

3. vexco

vexco Senior member

Yall argue too fucking much.

3 people like this.
  4. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Fueco, I have every right to come off however the fuck I want towards you cuz you randomly poke and proad for no fucking reason. Also, more than half the posts on this page are questioning my inventory, if you haven't noticed. But when I make an announcement to benefit all members of this community and it gets reposted with an "um....." Please tell me with all those brain cells I'm sure you possess what you believe that would infer. Please knock this shit off, I ask politely cuz I want nothing less then elevation, just keep ur hate to yourself like me/an adult and like 1/3 of the rest of the people here and move on. Stop fucking coming at me cuz I'm starting to get fucking annoyed and I really don't want to deal with this shit. Ignore and move on cuz nobody wins here.

5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Am I reading too much into this to read it as, "Hmm, that's a good piece of information right there for anyone who needs it?"

1 person likes this.
  6. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Hmm..... is a formulation of letters and elipses sees that insinuates that this is curious and questionable for some reason I do not know. People don't leave cryptic responses when they are grateful for someones post. So twist how you like, just do it in your head, or don't and continue coming at me. The ammo I have is fucking amazing, one day I will drop it, meanwhile, you ain't got shit but criticizing an interpretation of text without voice inflection that is still viable and picking apart statements to fit your desired message. It's like middle school. Keep it coming if you wish.

Just make it characteristically dumb to save the thread so theres no need to comment.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  7. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Wow, with that kind of logic, maybe you should run for President.

I'm out of here until you pass out in a pool of your own vomit.

8. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

The logic was fairly spot on but thank you actually. You listened to my wishes, appreciate it.

9. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Senior member

Quick question: a while back someone posted a source for iding good jordans. Could you please share that again?

Dress shoes are dying out where I am, but they're starting to bring out tons of sneakers. I want to give those a shot, but I am a moron in that category. Saw these for example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No idea if they're any good.

Thanks!

Edit: jesus, I need to clean my nails ....

10. Jackstraw001

Jackstraw001 Well-Known Member

It's raining Oxxford, #5 this week, identical to the two cashmere sport coats I picked up last night but this one came from a different store and seems to be more like a 40R.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More Lo, not sure if this is anything but looked cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nautica

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I wouldn't count on images as sources because slight details can be overlooked. There's only one way to check authenticity and thats to Google the Serial number on the size tag. Comes bag clean, your good.

12. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Anyone have any experience with having a reweavwr fix moth-eaten fabric pile? Shop near has an amazing Invertere Bearcat coat - DB long coat made of amazing thick Alpaca pile fabric, almost looks like fur. Spoo and Wes have found them before. It has a few moth nibbles here and there that wouldn't bother me, but one big one that would bug me. It's a little bigger than a pea, maybe 3-5mm across, and it's on the back shoulder blade.

It seems like something a reweaver could fix by taking some pile from elsewhere and pulling through the backing, almost like a hair transplant.

Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

13. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Senior member

Thanks! But I'm not worried so much about authenticity. I want to research more about the desireable models so I have better luck iding them in the wild.

14. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Where in Central America are u located Specifically?

Also there's Corny Ass Fashion sites like Complex, they for sure have a list of limited release Jordans that are worth something. Your problem is the closest shop to you that stocks any, is in Mexico City.

15. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

1 person likes this.
  16. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

9s - Black Patent & Clear Soul and the Ltd Red Soul. The 4s are probably the sickest but also the most faked out of all. The 8s are my personal favorites cuz they were my first when I was 5 or so but they aren't for everyone. 8s, 12s, 13s and then of course the 1s and Olympic 7s which are more rare than finding a pure Vicuna Kiton Jacket. Happy Travels, Good luck. And word of advice, study all the signs for faked versions for all models before you go hunting.

1 person likes this.
  17. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Senior member

@Jompso Thanks, thats what I was looking for. Just needed a starting point

All the best
    John

18. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Sooooo,what's going on.

1 person likes this.
  19. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

@ATLjon

I'm glad someone picked those up! Did you snag the Officer Chino too?

@Jompso

Yeah dude, that's one of the raddest NBHD pieces I've seen. I found a reversible, hooded vest a few years ago. Got home and the sipper pull was fucked, never got around to replacing it.

Side note - its in my donation bag and is a size L, I think. If anyone is interested in it for shipping costs or something, hit me up!

Shitty photo thrift fit from today since I only snagged a couple of pieces. Kind of nice not having to wear tailored clothing every day.

[​IMG]

Carter's - thrift
    Orvis - thrift
    Five Brother - thrift
    Camo from I want to say Slovakia(?) - thrift
    Novesta - discount

3 people like this.
  20. double00

double00 Senior member

that would be a fine read in any case. actually that PSA reminded me of a story so gather round ye kiddies:

i used to consign with a guy who did really well with my stuff, and then gradually became erratic and ultimately unresponsive. he ended up folding up his shop but it took me quite a few emails and some time to get the bulk of my stuff back. (and there were a few things that i never got back, including several pairs of Aldens which was what made me think of this story). so when i saw that PSA i went "hmmm..." not doubting current Alden pricing but calling to mind 1) how important timing is and 2) mild regret that i can't bring my shit to market.

moral? there is none. except maybe 'buyer beware' but we all already knew that right?

2 people like this.