• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB formal suspenders.

RLPL linen pants. 36.

Ledbury x 2. NA as I always give Ledbury in this size to a buddy.

Haven't come across this brand in four years. Engineered Garments contrast collar and cuff shirt. XL.

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do ya'll search for ties on eBay? Do you use a very general search or very defined?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
^ive gotten really selective on ties. On the rare occasion i look for one, its usually only by maker (vanda, drakes, or conrad) or material (cashmere, shantung, or grenadine)

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@dirt

It's velvet. There are other piled weaves like moleskin, corduroy, etc but from the pics yours is velvet.

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Impossible to get a new shoe release now-a-days unless you pay for a cart-bot. *sigh*

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Impossible to get a new shoe release now-a-days unless you pay for a cart-bot. *sigh*

i dont know what 90% of those words mean when put together.

ilikethelights

Reaction score
That series of mixed feelings when you see someone going through a piled high cart of suits and stuff but then you walk past and the shirts on top are Eagle and Claiborne but you still don't know what's all in there...

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you tryin to cop, NMD's?

NMDs, Ultra Boost Multi color that came out today. Sheesh, it's rough. I'm hoping for a restock soon.
That series of mixed feelings when you see someone going through a piled high cart of suits and stuff but then you walk past and the shirts on top are Eagle and Claiborne but you still don't know what's all in there...
This past weekend I saw a familiar flipper racing through the racks while on his cell phone, throwing what seemed like every other shirt in his cart. He then proceeds to take up 1/4 an isle way going through his inventory then proceeds to hand carry the keepers up to the counter and leave the duds in the cart. I dig through his cart and see LL Bean, RLBL, Giorgio Armani, AND left BB Cashmere, vintage made in USA gear, etc.

My suspicion is no more.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

This past weekend I saw a familiar flipper racing through the racks while on his cell phone, throwing what seemed like every other shirt in his cart. He then proceeds to take up 1/4 an isle way going through his inventory then proceeds to hand carry the keepers up to the counter and leave the duds in the cart. I dig through his cart and see LL Bean, RLBL, Giorgio Armani, AND left BB Cashmere, vintage made in USA gear, etc.

I was trying to shop the ties once and there was 2 guys already there, so i was looking at belts. heard them talking and they were pulling a ton of ties. I was sure it was pipcked thru, until i hear one of them say "heres a geoffrey beene! if you see anymore grab em! those are 20 bucks"

found 2 RLPL ties they left. :)

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was trying to shop the ties once and there was 2 guys already there, so i was looking at belts. heard them talking and they were pulling a ton of ties. I was sure it was pipcked thru, until i hear one of them say "heres a geoffrey beene! if you see anymore grab em! those are 20 bucks"

found 2 RLPL ties they left.
smile.gif
Looks can be deceiving. I believe someone here recently said the majority** of people we see in the thrift are familiar with mall brands.

Similar story, saw a dude standing at the tie rack for a while, came behind him, Kiton.

leisurewear

Reaction score
Had a cool estate sale experience recently and wanted to share. Disclaimer: if you're here for the likes of kiton or rlpl feel free to skip.

Had the privilege of attending the living estate sale of one of the co-founders of Waffle House. Being a big Waho fan, I couldn't miss it and thought perhaps he may have some nice suits and shoes as well. The people running the sale hyped it up a lot making it sound very exclusive and reservation only. I was able to secure a spot in the first slot of the first day so I was very hyped to say the least, dreaming of all the spoils I was going to score. When I went in to his closet I quickly realized there were no such spoils to be had and either somebody with connections had got an early sneak peak or, more likely, the guy just didn't spend too much on clothes. About 20-25 sport coats and suits along with ties and shoes and nothing really worth mentioning. Too bad because we were the same size shoe and jacket.

Anyway, still came home with some cool things:

Photo of the original Waffle House (now the site of the waffle house museum) signed by both co-founders. This was super cool and will probably go up in the house.

Waffle house pocket squares!!!

Polo

New driver for myself (he was a pretty prominent golfer). If anybody has something similar at a 9.5 degree stiff shaft and wants to trade (this is 10.5 with a flex shaft) let me know.

Dude has a practice mat in his house

All in all a cool experience but not very financially profitable (though the signed photo is fairly unique)

Last edited:

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha one day I'll have to try the famous waffle house based off all the love it gets here! The R7 is quite old now but still a good enough club for your weekend warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads