• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nah **** that. Ray Ban, Persol are built amazingly but fashion frames are a complete waste of time and money to buy. In my personal experience of course.

I have a pair of Tod's shield sunglasses that I picked up in TK Maxx for £16 but with a retail of £280 I'd never pay. The frames are ****, and the lenses are plastic.

I'm wearing my £99 Seiko 5 auto and have been everyday for a year. It's fantastic, so I'm with you on that my man.

Huge fan of person, have a pair of Persol Steve mcqueens, my go tos are a pair of tortoise ray ban wayfarer then the Persol then I use the Oliver People's third (only because I'm afraid of ******* them up)

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo that clock is a keeper .looks amazing at low light.I've seen only one and it wasn't for sale.
Regarding the glasses talk might wanna add Randolph Engineering to list of good stuff.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In all honesty, if you take a RTW piece made by Chester Barrie and you comb the thing, you will find that it's bespoke level quality. I do and or have owned em all, literally. Never Cifonelli or Orazio, but I think I can pretty much check the rest off, and to this day, the most handwork I have ever seen was on a Chester Barrie for Carroll & Co suit from the early/mid 90s. And it wasn't even the quantity of handiwork and obvious time dedicated to the construction of the suit, it was the quality of the work that really said something. They are without a doubt the most underrated and under appreciated in the game. I may love Zegna, but I have the most admiration for Barrie no doubt.
This.

My favourite suit is a Chester Barrie, there is a ton of handwork on there.

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GHo

Reaction score

Was treated to an early pamper session at the future site of LuxeSwap brick and mortar.

love those jackets. Spoo - not looking for a handout by any means, but if you have similar in 38-40ish R and have a few minutes, give me an email shout if you could. Need to up my SC game!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First round from the trip back to the Bay Area...

Patagonia Regulator R2 (L)

Snap-T (L)

Snap-T (S & XL)

Snap-T Hoody (L)

Fitz Roy Down (L)

Fitz Roy Down (L & XL)

Arc'teryx Thorium AR (L)

Snap-T (XL)

Mountain Hardwear Windstopper (M)

Mountain Hardwear Fleece (M)

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Managed to get back there today and picked up the remaining seven unlabeled Drake's ties.

You thought THESE designs weren't good?? I love them. The heels are kitchy fun (let 'em know you're a ladies man?) and the Charlie Brown-esque chevron totally rules. Different strokes, though. Very nice, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics