• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
You seriously quoted a 50-photo post, to ask about something in the very first photo?
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

haha, glad i skipped to the last post.

shoelover

Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On your phone, you can still add spoilers... Type them like this:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local savers has 50% off clothing on Wednesday.

Yesterday, I passed on 5-6 Brooks Brothers 'Sportcoats' made in Italy size 40-41 Regular. Hope they're still there on Wednesday.

If you cannot picture trousers paired with the jacket (visually), sportcoat? haha

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
I need to be reassured I did something nice. Just had a cucinelli cashmere/silk sweater in my hand. Little old man tells me he just put it down but planned to buy it so I gave it to him. He is probably buying to wear so I feel better thinking that. Hopefully karma is on my side the rest of the day!

freehand

Reaction score

I need to be reassured I did something nice. Just had a cucinelli cashmere/silk sweater in my hand. Little old man tells me he just put it down but planned to buy it so I gave it to him. He is probably buying to wear so I feel better thinking that. Hopefully karma is on my side the rest of the day!

So shines a good deed in a weary world.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That was me in disguise.
nest.gif

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I found some 1940 (reliably dated by the maker) Calvary Boots. Then, last week I found another pair made by the same company but even older. based on the name and order number they were made in 1929. They are polo boots.

What a weird coincidence to find a pair of 1940 Calvary Boots AND a pair of 85 year old Polo boots in the span of two weeks!

I left the first pair like I found them except I used a little leather condition to moisturize them. These needed a little more love. So, I started with leather conditioner and then used a small amount of polish to spiff them up. Then brushed, brushed, brushed.

I forgot to take a picture of the boots before I had done anything. But, here is picture of one that has been partially cleaned up and one that hasn't:

I'll skip ahead to the finished product:

More pics if interested:

They don't have a size. But, I'm guessing a 9 even a 9 Narrow.

Last edited:

futuremyth

Reaction score
Thanks are owed to @kbadgley84 for sending a sweet Pendleton robe my way! I'd post a fit pic but nobody wants to see that.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local savers has 50% off clothing on Wednesday.

Yesterday, I passed on 5-6 Brooks Brothers 'Sportcoats' made in Italy size 40-41 Regular. Hope they're still there on Wednesday.

If you cannot picture trousers paired with the jacket (visually), sportcoat? haha
DUDE! THAT'S ME!!!! IF YOU GET THEM, HIT ME UP! I love their Italy stuff, and it fits me like a glove, particularly the 40, but 41s often work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics