• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Styleforum Boston Meetup Thread

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Reposted from SW&D

Approximately 10 years ago, when @Styleforum was still in its evolutionary path onward and upward (and while Fok aka @LA Guy was presiding in Cambridge) together we hosted one of the first Styleforum Meetups. A unique dynamic of curious minds discovering sartorial splendor in a now transparent setting. It turned out to be a fun time for all.
Well, due to a recent member transplant @mike868y into the Bostonian scene and @Drinkwaters approaching our 10 year anniversary, we thought that it would be appropriate to host this one again. We hope you will join us.

Here's the itinerary;

Wednesday July 9th

The event will commence at @Drinkwaters at 7pm for a meet and greet and some light refreshment, then we will proceed next door the Elephant Walk restaurant http://elephantwalk.com and gather in their subterranean lounge for cocktails and small bites. We will be collecting $10 > 15 at the door (depending on the turnout) for the food and it will be a cash bar.

If you plan on attending, please post your user name here on this tread (or the post in the Classic Menswear section) so we can get an idea as to how much food to have them prepare for us.
Visit our website for directions to the store. www.drinkwaterscambridge.com

Teresa and I look forward to being your hosts.

Gary

The List

@Ken P
@ridethecliche
@CSCoHammer7
@clark kent
@mike868y
@laufer
@afixedpoint
@TM79

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Gary- @mike868y and @clark kent rsvp'd in the other thread.

Thanks!

FYI

Please bring your significant other should you choose to do so. Teresa will be here and as I'm sure she wouldn't mind being the only lady amongst a group of finely attired young men...........

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paging @KingJulien !

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What's the dress code for this occasion?

Don't come naked! Ladies will be present. Seriously, there's no dress code but if you're going to have your picture taken and have it show up on the front page, well........

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't come naked! Ladies will be present. Seriously, there's no dress code but if you're going to have your picture taken and have it show up on the front page, well........

Just kidding man :D I will try to make it to this event.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sad KJ hasn't been around. I was looking forward to meeting him IRL. Who knows, maybe he'll do a sneak appearance.

@Ken P , are any of the guys you know in the area from the beer/thrift thread showing up?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

i know,I was looking forward to meeting him IRL. Who knows, maybe he'll do a sneak appearance too, thanks
13.gif

Should I put you down as attending?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a bot.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haven't convinced anyone yet but we will see!

Welp, a work event that was supposed to happen last weds just got rescheduled to the 9th. Looks like I'm out.
Bummer.

I'll see if I can catch you guys at the bar after, since it should be over before 9.

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There is like a .02% chance I will come to this. Probably not, though. Have fun!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads