• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a camp shirt or 2, just not sure about sizing. I'm similar in size to the asian fit model and he wears anything from 46 to 52 in it. I'm usually a 48 to 50. Should I go for the 50 in case of shrinkage, or the 48 which has closer measurements to shirts I have?
I personally think the bigger sizes looks better. But I’d also wear that as an overshirt so I’d wanna be able to layer.

Artking3

Reaction score
I personally think the bigger sizes looks better. But I’d also wear that as an overshirt so I’d wanna be able to layer.
I’ll probably go for the 50 then since I plan to use it as an overshirt.
I got a suede asymmetrical jacket in Medium back in the day. Is that considered a 48 in today’s Stoffa sizing?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll probably go for the 50 then since I plan to use it as an overshirt.
I got a suede asymmetrical jacket in Medium back in the day. Is that considered a 48 in today’s Stoffa sizing?
No idea, they have different fits (relaxed vs tapered) and are completely different things. You’d have to check with Stòffa directly. I’m merely a fan and customer :)

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Highlights for me:

-asymmetric black leather jacket
-chocolate suede flight jacket
-taupe washable trousers
-u-neck vest in charcoal and taupe

ezev

Reaction score
Full kit. Shirt jacket, spread collar shirt, linen pants.
B3CB94B8-2ADF-4E73-BD3B-71CE7FD75C4D.jpeg

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the showroom today. Nick and his colleague were great. Their website does a great job of showing their range, but it's nice to see the swatches in person.

The u-necked vests are one of those things that I think look great on the models online, but I didn't like how they looked on me personally. I think it pays to be slim for these, if you lift weights they just make you look thicker, which is something I'm trying to downplay in my clothing. Or maybe it's all in my head.

Then I tried on the asymmetric jacket. It is the perfect double rider for guys who are hesitant about double riders. I mean that as a compliment. It doesn't have all of the shiny metal straps, buttons and clasps usually seen on double riders. The plongé is soft and matte compared to the horsehide jackets I've seen, making it comfortable and less aggressive. I prefer the black to the brown. The lapels are on the larger side. The suede colors are all really nice. They had taupe, mid-grey, navy, brown... I didn't see the off white swatch. The brown is very dark and matte, which may or may not be your thing. I have a flight jacket in taupe suede and it's fantastic.The color is not that common, but still able to go with just about anything.

I wound up ordering a MTM basketweave washable trousers in taupe, with box pleat and self-belt. I love taupe (clearly), and their's is great. I like that they are washable, and the self-belt looks very cool, but subtle. They come in taupe, black (seems more of a very dark charcoal, maybe because of the weave), navy, and ivory. There are more colors for non-basketweave fabric.

It's true, everything they sell looks like it can go with everything else they sell... with maybe the exception of the double rider in black leather, which is still a double rider.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the showroom today. Nick and his colleague were great. Their website does a great job of showing their range, but it's nice to see the swatches in person.

The u-necked vests are one of those things that I think look great on the models online, but I didn't like how they looked on me personally. I think it pays to be slim for these, if you lift weights they just make you look thicker, which is something I'm trying to downplay in my clothing. Or maybe it's all in my head.

Then I tried on the asymmetric jacket. It is the perfect double rider for guys who are hesitant about double riders. I mean that as a compliment. It doesn't have all of the shiny metal straps, buttons and clasps usually seen on double riders. The plongé is soft and matte compared to the horsehide jackets I've seen, making it comfortable and less aggressive. I prefer the black to the brown. The lapels are on the larger side. The suede colors are all really nice. They had taupe, mid-grey, navy, brown... I didn't see the off white swatch. The brown is very dark and matte, which may or may not be your thing. I have a flight jacket in taupe suede and it's fantastic.The color is not that common, but still able to go with just about anything.

I wound up ordering a MTM basketweave washable trousers in taupe, with box pleat and self-belt. I love taupe (clearly), and their's is great. I like that they are washable, and the self-belt looks very cool, but subtle. They come in taupe, black (seems more of a very dark charcoal, maybe because of the weave), navy, and ivory. There are more colors for non-basketweave fabric.

It's true, everything they sell looks like it can go with everything else they sell... with maybe the exception of the double rider in black leather, which is still a double rider.
Totally agree on the double rider style. I’ve never been a leather jacket kind of guy but that one just feels safer somehow. I still wouldn’t pull off the leather version though.

maxbayuk

Reaction score

Nice write-up.. appreciate the insights!

What kid of temperatures do you find the suede flight jacket comfortable in?

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kid of temperatures do you find the suede flight jacket comfortable in?

I haven't had it for too long but I'd say for New York City, it's a spring/fall/parts of summer and winter jacket. It's very soft and lightly lined, i.e. if you fold it it stays folded, almost like a suede overshirt. I can handle the heat pretty well so I'd estimate into the 70s Fahrenheit. Similarly, I think once it dips down to the 40s it wouldn't be warm enough, though it's not a skin-tight fit so you could definitely layer. And if you got the MTM route you can add more room for layering, though I didn't think that was needed. I think I'll be able to get a single-ply rollneck under mine no problem.

Basically good for NYC outside of the hottest months of summer and the coldest months of winter.

garigo

Reaction score
I'm considering a camp shirt, maybe in peached cotton. Anyone here who owns one, also in other fabrics? How does the collar look like under a jacket? Would you wear it tucked in?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads