• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Social Distancing Thread: Life in Lockdown

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This seems like a scenario where both deserve to lose get firebombed out of existence.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paywall fail.
Copy headline into google to get access! (This is true for anything with the WSJ although IIRC they may have reduced availability)

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, since my current job entails a lot of travel worldwide and I was getting very unhappy with the overall situation (burn-out symptoms, moronic new ceo), it is time to move.

Applying for jobs in the Corona social distancing age, turns out it that not that much has changed. Got asked to come in for a meeting at a consultancy, ended up being a one on one with the managing partner and another partner Skyping in. Next meeting is next week with the third partner and a future team member, both of whom I’ll apparently see in person.

Mistake, out of routine offering to shake hands. That’s a no go. Kept 1,5m distance throughout the building, but still sitting across each other over a conference table.

Unless they really lowball me I’ll be joining them, I can do without the travel by now and the firm will probably allow me to become partner in a couple of years. It would also be fun to work with people closer my age (not old as ****) and a lot younger. Lastly consultancy does suit me character wise so going back should make me happier overall.

Corona time has been rough, especially with everything else that’s been going on in our lives. But this might be a silver lining, if it goes through.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This thread mainly exists for me to talk about how boring my life* is and @Bhowie to lie brag about how many chicks he's infecting with the COVID-19.

My goals for the next 12-18 months:
  • Perfect my chili recipe (wife's not gonna like this)
  • Make a lot of pizza
  • Empty my Netflix queue (gotta aim high!)
  • Finish the shirt I started sewing a year ago
  • Sleep in every day
  • Shower at least twice a week
Not to get all @Piobaire with thread rules, but let's keep the serious stuff, and the sad and depressing stuff to the CE thread (exception: my day-to-day life).

* This is nothing new.

Holy jeez this was almost four months ago. Four months.

I am so fat now.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how you doin on that list of goals?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So there's a lot of things i don't get.

I do get going to whole foods for the hot bar.

I do not get then sitting and having a nice leisurely lunch inside said whole foods.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads