• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aquila49

Reaction score
How about the paper tag? The style ID on mine doesn't match the one on the garment. From my experience, the ID on the RRL tag usually matches the one on the garment. I'm concerned the cardigan may be slightly used and sold as "new". The paper tag may come from a different piece to make it look like new.

I own it as well. Legit. Check out the buttons. I doubt a knockoff would feature the same level of detail as the original.

Does anyone out there actually own a counterfeit RRL piece? I don't know if the brand's position on a cost/popularity chart would warrant imitation.

JTK

Reaction score

How about the paper tag?  The style ID on mine doesn't match the one on the garment.  From my experience, the ID on the RRL tag usually matches the one on the garment.  I'm concerned the cardigan may be slightly used and sold as "new".  The paper tag may come from a different piece to make it look like new.

Just checked my paper tag, and the style matches the item tag. The tag also says that the item is FA SEASON. It's possible the item was just retagged for a winter sale. Either way, the item appears new in the photos.

cadmonkey

Reaction score
I own it as well. Legit. Check out the buttons. I doubt a knockoff would feature the same level of detail as the original.

Does anyone out there actually own a counterfeit RRL piece? I don't know if the brand's position on a cost/popularity chart would warrant imitation.

Does this count?
uhoh.gif

not mine btw

Last edited:

pvoytko

Reaction score
where did you get that pic? actually looks exactly like an RRL flannel i have. would love to see it zoomed out

ive only ever see knockoff denim, never shirts

Gruff

Reaction score

Does this count?
uhoh.gif

not mine btw

Check out the quality of the thread in the closeup. Looks pretty solid to me. I'm betting this was produced for RL in a Chinese factory but stolen from the batch run and they just sewed a fake tag on it for resale.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Japanese denim brands are famous for being... overly inspired by American brands. Some lawsuits around the Levi's two horses logo, stuff like that.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Remember when Levi's was suing everyone including Ralph? RRL had to change their pocket stitching and dumped a bunch of stock at TJ Max type stores.

JiiPee

Reaction score
Remember when Levi's was suing everyone including Ralph? RRL had to change their pocket stitching and dumped a bunch of stock at TJ Max type stores.

Was it this pocket stitch that levis failed to appreciate?

RRL haven't used it for years. Straight Fit jeans have it now turned upside down.

JiiPee

Reaction score
"Levi Drops Copyright Suit Over Polo's Jeans Stitching

" (August 29, 2007, 12:00 AM EDT) -- Classic jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co. has agreed to dismiss its trademark infringement lawsuit against rival designer Polo Ralph Lauren Corp. with prejudice. Judge Maria-Elena James of the U.S. District Court of Northern California on Tuesday approved a stipulated order submitted last week by the two designers.

“It is hereby stipulated and agreed by the parties, plaintiff Levi Strauss & Co. and defendant Polo Ralph Lauren Corp., through their undersigned counsel that this action, including all claims, counterclaims and cross-claims, is dismissed with prejudice in its entirety,” the order states.

Levi filed the lawsuit on July 12, claiming that a trademark application filed by Polo violated five of its own trademarks, which it first introduced in 1873 or 1936 and were registered as early as 1943.

Levi's pockets feature stitched lines that form two semi-circles that meet in the middle.

The stitching on the back pockets of Polo's jeans, Levis said, came strikingly close to its own 100-year-old “Arcuate” design, which it calls “the oldest apparel trademark in the United States.”

“PRL's actions as alleged herein are caused and will cause LS&Co. irreparable harm for which money damages and other remedies are inadequate,” Levi said in its complaint.

Levi asked for an order restraining Polo from continuing to make and sell the allegedly infringing jeans in addition to awarding three times Polo's profits on the disputed jeans and treble damages."

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Stag's RRL online inventory is all screwed up. Call before you place your order. It maybe sold out long ago but it's still showing it's available online.
angry.gif

cadmonkey

Reaction score

Wandering over from the thrift thread. I've only encountered RRL jeans a handful of times. Never found a pair which was not selvedge - these are not. Sonething old perhaps or fakes?

Most likely old. Can you post pics of back pocket stitching, pkt bags, and coin pocket?

How does the fit look by the way? That'll be a dead giveaway.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads