• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oynag

Reaction score

Now I need to have this one. Enabler! Nah, it's all good. How is the sizing? Details say vintage-inspired athletic fit. Would I follow my normal protocol... slim/custom fit = large or regular/classic fit = medium? So a large?

It runs slim. That's a medium on me. I wear it by itself or with a very thin t-shirt underneath. It fits close through the waist and in the arms, which I like. It's essentially a heavier-weight long-sleeve pullover shirt.

And the picture doesn't do the color justice. It's a deep blue with some gray to it.

walds11

Reaction score

It runs slim. That's a medium on me. I wear it by itself or with a very thin t-shirt underneath. It fits close through the waist and in the arms, which I like. It's essentially a heavier-weight long-sleeve pullover shirt.

And the picture doesn't do the color justice. It's a deep blue with some gray to it.

Thanks! I am 6" and just under 180lbs. For reference, Polo/RRL custom/slim fits I wear a large and classic/regular fits, I wear a medium. A large in this one should work.

Cooly

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with these wool-cotton selvedge chinos?...RRL came out with the Chamonix Grey in regular fit officer and olive moss in slim fit officer chino...(at least on line)...

to be frank, I kind of wish they came out with the grey in slim fit...anyway., reviews would be appreciated...what I am curious about is the fabric more rigid, or is it more of dress/soft? thick/thin..not sure what 6.8oz implies in this sort of fabric..

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...12138268&ab=ln_men_cs_pants&parentPage=family

pn2k

Reaction score
^ what he said.

Darn it up and make it look intentional. Thats why I love RRL, it just gets better and better with more wear.

ispace

Reaction score

Does anyone have experience with these wool-cotton selvedge chinos?...RRL came out with the Chamonix Grey in regular fit officer and olive moss in slim fit officer chino...(at least on line)... to be frank, I kind of wish they came out with the grey in slim fit...anyway., reviews would be appreciated...what I am curious about is the fabric more rigid, or is it more of dress/soft? thick/thin..not sure what 6.8oz implies in this sort of fabric.. http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...12138268&ab=ln_men_cs_pants&parentPage=family
Some up-close photos of the grey or olive would be great, especially of the selvedge line.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody purchase either of these shirts? Thoughts?

aquila49

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with these wool-cotton selvedge chinos?...RRL came out with the Chamonix Grey in regular fit officer and olive moss in slim fit officer chino...(at least on line)...

to be frank, I kind of wish they came out with the grey in slim fit...anyway., reviews would be appreciated...what I am curious about is the fabric more rigid, or is it more of dress/soft? thick/thin..not sure what 6.8oz implies in this sort of fabric..

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...12138268&ab=ln_men_cs_pants&parentPage=family

Only 5% wool. I would guess that 6.8oz is more on the light side but I haven't seen these trousers in person.

I have some 5.9oz RRL chinos and it's a nice weight for the warmer dry months in California.

I've noticed that washing/soaking can drastically affect the texture and feel of RRL cotton chinos. After a few painful mishaps I now treat my chinos like selvedge jeans; they don't go anywhere near water.

Last edited:

Cooly

Reaction score
Only 5% wool. I would guess that 6.8oz is more on the light size but I haven't seen these trousers in person.

I have some 5.9oz RRL chinos and it's a nice weight for the warmer dry months in California.

I've noticed that washing/soaking can drastically affect the texture and feel of RRL cotton chinos. After a few painful mishaps I now treat my chinos like selvedge jeans; they don't go anywhere near water.
These cotton/wool pants are light-weight (so I am told by the sales team) & soft. I was looking for something more rigid.

So, I decided to get these that I have handled at the SF RL store, they are thicker and cool grey color: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...12138268&ab=ln_men_cs_pants&parentPage=family

Last edited:

pvoytko

Reaction score

Have ebay alerts set and got both of these off buy it nows for around 70 bucks shipped total

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads